PDA

View Full Version : $15 million is this what we need?

Pauls' Revere
10-15-2011, 12:21 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/big-bucks-romney-perry-top-gop-fundraising-race-195638885.html

Romney and Perry combined have raised $30 million or roughly $15 million each. Although money does not always guarantee a win for a candidate should we at least be pulling in $15 million for the media to consider us "top tier" and thus be taken seriously?

http://www.blackthisout.com/promote.php

should we play keep up?

and if that wasn't bad enough...Obama has $70 million

Still, the GOP candidates' fundraising efforts lag behind the man whose job they want: President Barack Obama raised more than $70 million for his re-election and the Democratic Party — $42.8 million for his own campaign and $27.3 million for the Democratic National Committee.

apex
10-15-2011, 06:58 AM
I really find it discouraging when I see these kinds of numbers for such HORRIBLE people.
Talking politics to my mother is like talking religion to her. She is VERY well educated, yet decides to make life choices on religion on FAITH alone! Seeing her do this with politics is just as bad. The point is that knowing there are MANY people around that are the same way. Very well educated yet their thought process is twisted some how into believing that OBAMA is their man!?! Scary world we live in....

RonRules
10-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Most of the money Perry and Romney raised will be used to fight each other. They'll pull dirt on each other and other candidates running. The only one that will come out squeaky clean is Ron.

mwkaufman
10-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Fundraising slowed down in the fourth quarter last time around. Final receipts:

Paul: 20 million
Giuliani: 14 million
Romney/Thompson: 9 million
McCain/Huckabee: 7 million

This year's field is much weaker, and has a bunch of candidates I could see putting up awful numbers. Only Romney and Paul seem assured to hit ten million at this point. It doesn't really matter who's in the top tier though, note how last time the top tier in Paul/Giuliani finished 5th/6th in Iowa, 5th/4th in New Hampshire, and 5th/6th in South Carolina.

NY-Dano
10-17-2011, 04:59 AM
RP's fundraising strategy: the 5-5-5 plan, 3 moneybombs $5mil each :D

eduardo89
10-17-2011, 05:34 AM
and if that wasn't bad enough...Obama has $70 million

That doesn't really matter. He doesn't have a primary opponent and when Ron wins the GOP nomination he'll easily raise that much.

Chester Copperpot
10-17-2011, 06:32 AM
yeah the establishments fundraising taps out early.. our fundraising is a lot of people doing repeated $50.. so we never tap out