PDA

View Full Version : This new "Life" campaign ad is being called "BEAUTIFUL" by conservative Christians in OH

Tod
10-14-2011, 10:27 PM
I posted it on a local Tea Party facebook page that is run by a conservative Christian and the response was, "BEAUTIFUL ad" (their capital letters). They did note, with a tone of disappointment, that Paul believes abortion should be a state issue. I pointed out what I believed a possible reason might be for that and added that it would make a GREAT question for him. Personally, since he does believe abortion amounts to depriving a person of life, I'm not sure why he thinks it isn't a Constitutional issue and therefore under the jurisdiction of the federal government. Anyone know?

in other news...

Caxn gave a talk in Circleville, OH last night and this local group chartered a bus to listen to him. Today no one seems to be talking him up at all; I could be wrong, but I think they feel like they didn't get their money's worth.

Also, the local group posted an article suggesting that Romnxy might become the next "Tea Party" favorite despite any misgivings. Wow, the group leader's reaction was NOT pretty. It was almost violent in its disagreement with the article. Heston's famous line about "from my cold dead hands" came to mind.

I've been listing candidate positions like crazy there (I'm not sure how many people are really seeing them, the way facebook works)

specsaregood
10-14-2011, 10:31 PM
is any other murder law legislated at the federal level?

rp08orbust
10-14-2011, 10:40 PM
is any other murder law legislated at the federal level?

Yes, if the murderer and victim are of different color or sexual orientation.

specsaregood
10-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Yes, if the murderer and victim are of different color or sexual orientation.
fair enough, but only if that is the reason for the murder. also, I was under the impression that conservatives were against those laws.

LibertyEagle
10-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Because all murders, unless they cross state lines, are handled at the state level.

Yeah, rp08, isn't that the stupid hate crime laws?

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-14-2011, 11:42 PM
They've been trying to get abortion federally criminalized for 40 years and they've failed miserably and there is zero chance of it getting adopted anytime soon. If they would simply get rid of this idea that it should be a federal issue, and instead like 99% of the rest of the crimes and laws return it to local jurisdiction, then there would actually be some progress and success. Who knows how many lives could have been saved -- at least a lot more than the ZERO we have to show for the past 40 years. I swear sometimes you just want to be that cranky old hermit that is cynical about everything -- there's a good reason for those types of folks.