PDA

View Full Version : from tomorrow till Wednesday BLACK THIS OUT on the phones!

FriedChicken
10-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Starting tomorrow we'll be on the phones talking to identified Ron Paul supporter one after another promoting BTO. I'm starting another thread on this because the first one was "in the works" and now its official!

No money bomb has been combined with massive phonebanking efforts to my knowledge before. Lets take our promotion another step further and make this the most historical money bomb to date.

Go to RP2012.org and either sign on or sign up.
On you dashboard you should have the assignment of making calls to Ron Paul supporters to promote the money bomb.
You will be given a basic script and a voicemail script.

There will probably be a short survey to run them through if they answer, otherwise just leave a voicemail about it.

[u]we're starting out with 500 (or so) numbers to call on Saturday. By Sunday we will have over 2,000 numbers to call (not sure how many more than 2,000. I just know the number was thousands ... plural)]/u]

All aboard. Lets make this huge.

Umbro2914
10-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Once we log in to rp2012, wheres the option to make calls? will it only be up starting tomorrow? because so far I dont see it

FriedChicken
10-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Thanks for checking into it! I'm very excited that you have an interest in the effort.
No, I doubt that you will have access to the platform before tomorrow, we're getting it setup tonight. You should have the option by noon tomorrow!

I think it would be awesome to run through those 500 numbers in one day and get started fresh on the new batch of 2000+ numbers Sunday.
There might be a slightly different script for the new batch though, we're working that out. The issue is the guy supplying us all the data (over 2000 names and numbers from 2007/2008) is wanting us to help update the database and collect a little bit of info on the numbers ...

... we'll keep it as brief as possible and have it all figured out on Sunday. But it could be a little more involved than just promoting the money bomb (but the extra data collected will help mobilize more volunteers).

qwerty
10-14-2011, 10:38 PM
This is so good!!!

Hope that you get lot of help!!! :)

Could easily be thw best thing yet happened for BTO! :)

GREAT WORK!

jlaker
10-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Wow! This is very impressive. Way to go to everyone that had a hand in this. :)

davidt!
10-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Awesome! Thanks for your help!

FriedChicken
10-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Today!!!!!

JamesButabi
10-15-2011, 10:20 AM
bump for relevance. We need to start hitting different avenues. I will sign up after work.

qwerty
10-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Wonder why we have NO "BTO insiders" joining up for this great thing.... :(

Or are those people just "planners"...

parocks
10-15-2011, 10:44 AM
If I was to guess, there are other things that are seen as more pressing. A good on the ground event in Rockefeller Center on Oct 19 could make a lot of difference for the positive, and its far far away from being adequately organized as I can see it. A few hundred $s could make the difference between a cool event that snowballs into something bigger and just a marginal non story.

tobefree
10-15-2011, 12:17 PM
So we can call members first.. there around 600 phone numbers ....

The actions are loaded up so feel free to start calling and spreading the word about the BTO money bomb!

JamesButabi
10-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Join in folks. We need to use different avenues!

qwerty
10-16-2011, 12:57 AM
BUMP! :)

what could be easier than tell a fellow supporter about BTO!

FriedChicken
10-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Bump!
Just got back in town and back to my internet access. I will be making phone calls shortly!

InTradePro
10-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Mitt Romney had what was apparently a successful 'National Call Day' on Saturday. We could do with something as good or better.

FriedChicken
10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Most people I talked to already knew about the bomb but I was able to share with them some ways they could promote it. Overall a very productive experience more people should be taking part in.
Come on, lets make this historical!

Johnnymac
10-16-2011, 08:06 PM
hey what website is this ? ronpaul2012dotcom? what call service lets you call directly to ron paul supporters?

harikaried
10-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Most people I talked to already knew about the bomb but I was able to share with them some ways they could promote it. Overall a very productive experience more people should be taking part in.Sounds good. How closely do you follow the script?

"Hello my name is _______, a grassroots Ron Paul supporter with rp2012.org. I just wanted to inform you of a money bomb we are holding for Ron Paul on Wednesday October 19th. We are trying to break an all-time online fundraising record of over $6 million on a single day. We want to make a statement to the media that have been censoring Ron Paul so we are calling this the Black THIS Out moneybomb, daring the media to censor a record setting fundraising day. The campaign also needs money as soon as possible to win the early states that are being moved up to January 3rd and can possibly be moved up even more.

Eric21ND
10-17-2011, 07:42 AM
People might not know about the money bomb so informing them is vital. We also need them to pledge at the website and facebook if they have it. After that they can get plugged into promoting it to everyone they know.

qwerty
10-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Bump!

FriedChicken
10-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Sounds good. How closely do you follow the script?

"Hello my name is _______, a grassroots Ron Paul supporter with rp2012.org. I just wanted to inform you of a money bomb we are holding for Ron Paul on Wednesday October 19th. We are trying to break an all-time online fundraising record of over $6 million on a single day. We want to make a statement to the media that have been censoring Ron Paul so we are calling this the Black THIS Out moneybomb, daring the media to censor a record setting fundraising day. The campaign also needs money as soon as possible to win the early states that are being moved up to January 3rd and can possibly be moved up even more.

To be honest I don't follow the script at all, in fact I don't even have it in front of me while I'm make the calls - instead I type notes and info into an excel document while on the phone.

I know all the details - this Wed. , the 19th, talk a little about the media ignoring Paul and how we'd like to send a message to the media.
I try to get them to talk a little at this point, complaining about the media. Then I make the suggestion that if their is any tshirts for anything they want to buy they may want to buy it all on wed. so the total goes towards the bomb.

I also ask if their interested in getting on the phone with voters in Iowa to win the caucus, if so I invite them on a team I'm leading to do just that.

As a general rule I only refer to them by their first name to make it more personal.
I always leave voicemails when they don't pickup. I give them my number instead of the provided number because I don't mind dealing with the call backs and I'm trying to grow my Iowa outreach team.

harikaried
10-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I followed rp2012.org and phone-from-home scripts initially, but I've modified them a bit after doing a few hours of calling.

FriedChicken
10-18-2011, 05:53 AM
Yep. Whatever sounds the most comfortable, less robotic, friendly and brief is the best way to go. Just as long as you cover the same subject matter. Thanks for making calls!