PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs a brand named policy agenda like the 999 plan

BarryDonegan
10-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Something simple regarding economic policy and taxes that sounds reasonable that explains the way he will phase from a welfare/warfare state to a free society so people can see it won't be completely terrifying. Right now anyone can make up any imaginary cut whether or not he would do it or have the power to do it, and they can just force him to take ownership of it.

With a branded plan, he can constantly refer to the brand and say those cuts are my focus. Obviously we don't want a planned economy, but just a plan for what order in which we will be making policy adjustments with a catchy title.

TheDriver
10-14-2011, 09:17 PM
The Paul Plan! We've already seen it referenced in one of the new ads.

Fermli
10-14-2011, 09:17 PM
The Cut a Trillion Plan.
The Balanced Budget Plan.

BarryDonegan
10-14-2011, 09:20 PM
The Paul Plan! We've already seen it referenced in one of the new ads.

But I mean like a specific jobs and economy only policy agenda with a special branded name. The Paul Plan was used to describe his defense plan too. It needs to be something uniquely catchy. It's really all about the presentation. It would make it easier to pass the agenda too.

pauliticalfan
10-14-2011, 09:22 PM
The American Restoration Plan

Someone else mentioned the Trillion to the Taxpayer plan, which I like...

Hopefully the campaign came up with a good title.

Original_Intent
10-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Steak not sizzle. It's the Paul Way.

But I do like "the plan from the man who warned you in 2001 while the rest of these jokers only saw the collapse in hindsight so who are you going to trust to fix the problem?" plan.

Maybe a touch wordy.

steph3n
10-14-2011, 10:22 PM
the Say Yes to No-No-No plan

sailingaway
10-14-2011, 10:24 PM
I don't want Ron up there gibbering like an idiot, but maybe that's just me.

Honestly, Cain sounds like a moron when he gets into that 999 nonsense.

Verrater
10-14-2011, 10:24 PM

:eek:

Tod
10-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Steak not sizzle. It's the Paul Way.

But I do like "the plan from the man who warned you in 2001 while the rest of these jokers only saw the collapse in hindsight so who are you going to trust to fix the problem?" plan.

Maybe a touch wordy.

LOL! That's FUNNY!

A brand name would be nice; a lot of people have grabbed onto Cain's simple name apparently because it is something they can grasp without having to think too hard, so the easier Dr. Paul can make it for the public, the better.

lx43
10-14-2011, 10:35 PM

Agreed, I hope he gets up there and reads a speech detailing the plan; then lets people ask questions or just tell the audience for more information visit ronpaul2012.com.

SpicyTurkey
10-14-2011, 10:46 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Carole
10-14-2011, 10:46 PM
He already has a branded name with Restore America. :D

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Constitutionally Correct Economic Plan?

Paulatized
10-15-2011, 07:01 AM

To you and me, but your average person on the street eats it up like a deep dish pizza, yummy. "Yeah, yeah that sounds good."

Sola_Fide
10-15-2011, 07:03 AM

Haha

erowe1
10-15-2011, 07:40 AM
How about the 1999 plan?

Cut spending to the level it was in 1999, and match that decrease in spending with a massive income tax cut.

squarepusher
10-15-2011, 07:55 AM
no

KingNothing
10-15-2011, 07:57 AM

Restore Our Nation

:)

TNforPaul45
10-15-2011, 09:10 AM
No, we don't need a simplified name for Paul's stances, we already have one: Liberty.

What we need is for the American Voter to think.

LawnWake
10-15-2011, 09:12 AM
He already does, it's called 'End The Fed'.

TexasJake
10-15-2011, 09:13 AM
no, we don't need a simplified name for paul's stances, we already have one: liberty.

what we need is for the american voter to think.

qft

zHorns
10-15-2011, 09:21 AM
The People's Plan

kazmlsj
10-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Perhaps something reflecting his not taking the 400K POTUS salary and instead taking ~39K POTUS salary.

Um...Their were two president thus far that have NOT taken a salary. First George Washington. The second was John F. Kennedy.

Washington refused to accept any pay for his services. He kept a minute expense account which was submitted to and paid by the government.
http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/project/faq/govern.html

Presidential Salary: $100,000/year + $50,000 expense account (refused by Kennedy)
http://www.ipl.org/div/potus/jfkennedy.html

Come on clever people - something succint and powerful.

silentshout
10-15-2011, 10:58 AM

Yep! Reminds me of all of those Obama "Yes We Can" and "Hope and Change" BS slogans. And the movie Idiocracy. However, it works, sadly enough.

Romulus
10-15-2011, 03:27 PM
The "I told you so" plan? I kid...

Perhaps something reflecting his not taking the 400K POTUS salary and instead taking ~39K POTUS salary.

That is it, right there.

Paul4Prez
10-15-2011, 03:51 PM
The "Follow the Constitution Plan" plan?

How about "The Real Deal"?

slamhead
10-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Liberty Tax Plan

Paul4Prez
10-15-2011, 04:31 PM
He already has a brand name, and the full plan will be unveiled on Monday 10/17 in Las Vegas. From a campaign email:

My staff and I have put together a bold proposal to remove the burden of out-of-control government from off the taxpayers’ backs and restore our nation’s prosperity...

On Monday, October 17, I’ll be in Las Vegas, Nevada, for a major press conference to introduce my Restore America budget plan.

This budget will slash federal spending, cut taxes and regulation, and help reestablish limited government, free markets, and sound money in America.

In short, this budget will put our country back on track.

The press conference starts at 3pm and will be held in the Venetian Resort’s Casanova Room.

While this event is free and open to the public, I fully expect it to be packed.

[emphasis added]

Feelgood
10-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Restore America Now!

Am I the only one that watches his ads?

rambone
10-16-2011, 12:00 AM
The 0-0-0 Plan

BarryDonegan
10-16-2011, 08:13 PM
No, we don't need a simplified name for Paul's stances, we already have one: Liberty.

What we need is for the American Voter to think.

We can't make the American voter think though, but we can give Ron Paul's policies a catchy name that will instantly challenge the idea that only Herman Cain has a specific plan for anything. Whether or not it's the truth, it's what voters think, and it's why Cain is surging in the polls. Anyone else who comes up with a catchy alternative disables the efficacy of the 999 plan as a way to boost profile with voters.

Voters know what Ron Paul is against and what he wants to get rid of, but they aren't sure what he's for or how he will conduct policy. We know, because we've listened to him talk about it in great detail. However, he hasn't ever talked about it in simple terms in a clear way that all voters can immediately find out about and understand. We forget sometimes that most voters aren't interested in politics and honestly have no idea what we are talking about on a lot of these issues. This allows opponents to extrapolate any random extreme projection of libertarianism as "what he will do once in office"

This is what leads to the argument "well I like roads and bridges." Obviously Ron Paul isn't going to dig up the roads, but we need to demonstrate this to the voter with some type of policy agenda as far as what's getting cut and what the benefits will be.

LibertasPraesidium
10-16-2011, 08:21 PM
I believe he will be announcing something about a "plan" on Monday in nevada....

Source:
http://ology.com/politics/ron-paul-plans-%E2%80%9Cmajor-announcement%E2%80%9D-nevada

Forum Thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?322582-Ron-Paul-has-a-Big-announcemnt-on-Monday-in-Nevada!

*funny enough I found the thread through google :-)

JTforRP
10-16-2011, 08:42 PM
The biggest mistake a lot of people make is underestimating the stupidity and simplicity of the average American mind. The people we are trying to cater to are not intelligent. Not many people are. Let's get that straight.

We DO need to simplify Ron's message. Cain's 9-9-9 plan ABSOLUTELY played a role in his media explosion.

idiom
10-16-2011, 08:49 PM
PLANdo - Its got electrolytes.

seapilot
10-16-2011, 09:19 PM
The "Follow the Constitution Plan" plan?

How about "The Real Deal"?

That is what I recommended a couple of days back! The Real Deal. I think it is easy to remember for those that like to repeat 999. Simple, powerful and rhymes.

A couple of others.

Tax Free America Plan
Freedom Works Plan