PDA

View Full Version : 6 Republican fascist congressmen introduce bill to protect TSA from satire

cindy25
10-14-2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.infowars.com/house-bill-would-criminalize-satire-of-tsa/

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h112-3011

Sponsor: Rep. Michael Rogers [R-AL3]
Cosponsors:
Mo Brooks [R-AL5]
Chip Cravaack [R-MN8]
Peter King [R-NY3]
Daniel Lungren [R-CA3]
Timothy Walberg [R-MI7]

brandon
10-14-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm not reaching the same conclusion as infowars. It seems to just be saying that it is illegal to impersonate a TSA agent. It definitely doesn't seem to implicate satirization of the TSA would be illegal or prosecuted. The passage in question states(Emphasis added: mine):

Whoever, except with the written permission of the Assistant Secretary for Transportation Security (or the Director of the Federal Air Marshal Service for issues involving the Federal Air Marshal Service), knowingly uses the words ‘Transportation Security Administration’, ‘United States Transportation Security Administration’, ‘Federal Air Marshal Service’, ‘United States Federal Air Marshal Service’, ‘Federal Air Marshals’, the initials ‘T.S.A.’, ‘F.A.M.S.’, ‘F.A.M.’, or any colorable imitation of such words or initials, or the likeness of a Transportation Security Administration or Federal Air Marshal Service badge, logo, or insignia on any item of apparel, in connection with any advertisement, circular, book, pamphlet, software, or other publication, or with any play, motion picture, broadcast, telecast, or other production, in a matter that is reasonably calculated to convey the impression that the wearer of the item of apparel is acting pursuant to the legal authority of the Transportation Security Administration or Federal Air Marshal Service, or to convey the impression that such advertisement, circular, book, pamphlet, software, or other publication, or such play, motion picture, broadcast, telecast, or other production, is approved, endorsed, or authorized by the Transportation Security Administration or Federal Air Marshal Service .(Emphasis added.)

And then infowars conclusion:

In other words, if you print a t-shirt or produce a publication with a TSA logo, the government may soon be able to arrest and prosecute you.

cindy25
10-14-2011, 09:54 PM
such play, motion picture, broadcast, telecast, or other production, is approved, endorsed, or authorized by the Transportation Security Administration or Federal Air Marshal Service .(Emphasis added.)

if satire is not the target why are plays, motion pics etc targeted?

brandon
10-14-2011, 10:04 PM
such play, motion picture, broadcast, telecast, or other production, is approved, endorsed, or authorized by the Transportation Security Administration or Federal Air Marshal Service .(Emphasis added.)

if satire is not the target why are plays, motion pics etc targeted?

It would only be illegal if you " convey the impression that ... [it is] ... approved, endorsed, or authorized by the Transportation Security Administration"

to convey the impression that such advertisement, circular, book, pamphlet, software, or other publication, or such play, motion picture, broadcast, telecast, or other production, [B]is approved, endorsed, or authorized by the Transportation Security Administration

donnay
10-14-2011, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gspzb_k1FAE

:p

John F Kennedy III
10-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Well thats 6 reps that wont be making my trust list.

cindy25
10-14-2011, 10:30 PM
"convey the impression"

they can use this for anything; Peter King is behind this, and his regard for human rights is on the level of Stalin or Hitler

donnay
10-14-2011, 10:33 PM
"convey the impression"

they can use this for anything; Peter King is behind this, and his regard for human rights is on the level of Stalin or Hitler

I will relish the day they round up these criminals and prosecute them for crimes against humanity!

jkob
10-14-2011, 10:50 PM
How is Peter King still in congress? The man is a straight up terrorist and fascist.

CaptainAmerica
10-14-2011, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gspzb_k1FAE

:p My first thoughts were about the parodies we have seen about the TSA and its illegal policies. Kings don't like to be mocked,..we have a tyranny.

Contumacious
10-15-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm not reaching the same conclusion as infowars. It seems to just be saying that it is illegal to impersonate a TSA agent. It definitely doesn't seem to implicate satirization of the TSA would be illegal or prosecuted. The passage in question states(Emphasis added: mine):And then infowars conclusion:

Interesting.

The Federal Government has NO AUTHORITY WHATSOEVER to create the TSA. They have no power to impersonate an Agent of the Federal Government. Yet the fuckers get away with murder.

moderate libertarian
10-15-2011, 04:13 PM
"Fascists" works but could have used the term "idiots" too.