PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Groups: Charter a bus!

francisco
11-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Here's an idea for Meetup Groups within 4-6 hours from Philly: consider chartering a Motor Coach.

Easy to do, just check the Yellow Pages for operators and rates. For typical group of 40 to 50, it can be surprisingly affordable and gets you door-to-door service. Very comfortable, no parking hassles.

Make it a party on the bus coming and going, get everyone spun up! Avoid the cost of an overnight stay if you wish, or arrange group rate at a hotel and let folks do some sightseeing.

Eric21ND
11-05-2007, 11:30 PM
great idea

jake
11-05-2007, 11:32 PM
excellent! all nearby meetups should charter a bus to get there, and bring your friends and neighbours on a cheap trip to Philly to celebrate the cause of FREEDOM (and to fill the seats on the bus(es) if your group is small!)

me3
11-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Just make sure the bus will show the destination on the front sign as FREEDOM

and allow the passengers to decorate the outside of the bus.

guntherg16
11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Good luck getting a bus.

We tried to get one for our Meetup. We tried to get one about 3 weeks ago. All the local companies were booked already. One lady told me to call 3 months in advance if I want one for a Saturday in the fall next year.

Apparently they are all booked for wine tastings, college sports and shopping trips to NY.