PDA

View Full Version : When did Cain say he would pick Greenspan for FED chairman during the debate?

johndeal
10-14-2011, 05:10 PM
During the debate Cain was asked who he would pick as a model for chairman of the FED. He answered Greenspan. Does anyone have the video of this. I have a Cain supporter who says she will jump ship if this is true but I can't find it. Can someone help? It was right before Ron Paul said Vockler did a couple things right curbing inflation if that helps.

Thanks.

sailingaway
10-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Go to the front page of the forum and scroll down to the 'Ron Paul parts video' of the debate, since that sets up one of Ron's questions, it is in there.

But he didn't say he'd pick Greenspan precisely. He said of all the prior Fed Heads he'd model the one he picked on Greenspan.

tsai3904
10-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Edit: better video below.

TheTyke
10-14-2011, 05:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTEERUGKZuM

TheDriver
10-14-2011, 05:14 PM
I thought he said he was a good Fed chairman, not that he would pick him as Fed chairman.

sailingaway
10-14-2011, 05:15 PM
I thought he said he was a good Fed chairman, not that he would pick him as Fed chairman.

See my post. The question was, of all the prior Fed Chairmen which would you use as the model for the Fed head you'd choose.

anaconda
10-14-2011, 05:26 PM

Cain's answer was utterly daft: (referring to Greenspan and the reason he was the best role model) "The way Alan Greenspan oversaw the Fed and the way he coordinated with all of the Federal Reserve banks." Wow. Really mind blowing and technical, Herman.:rolleyes:

Why is the general public giving this buffoon a pass? Clearly, to answer the question one would need to mention, at least briefly, how that oversight or "coordination" was unique or optimal. This is where the media comes in: The moderator should have pressed him: "Mr. Cain, what was it about the way Mr. Greenspan oversaw the Fed or the way he coordinated with the other Fed branches that you found superior to the many other Fed Chairmen?" Like Katie Couric not letting Sarah Palin simply say, in answer to which periodicals she read, "oh, all of them..." Katie immediately replied "Can you name at least one?

Carole
10-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Oops ...disregard

Cap'n Crunk
10-14-2011, 05:40 PM
He said Greenspan was the best chairman of the last 40 years. He had 2 names on his list to replace Bernanke, but would not name them.