PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Supports the Empire

Canderson
10-14-2011, 04:52 PM
He was just on Bret Baier in support of Obamas deployment of troops to Uganda, DRC, South Sudan and the Central African Republic.

bluesc
10-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Doesn't surprise me. He's pandering to the establishment.

NewRightLibertarian
10-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I watched some of the interview and it seemed like he was arguing against the illegal interventions because they didn't pose a security risk for Americans. I think you're misrepresenting him.

turbobrain9
10-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Yeah I just watched it and he definitely said he would end the wars and brings the troops home but not cut spending drastically but rather enough to provide "Defense" and not "offense." He did well on that issue...

RDM
10-14-2011, 05:12 PM
For the most part he regurgitated about 90% of what Ron Paul stands for. Yet the one guy (can't remember name) said conservatives like a libertarian in the race to offer policy dialog unlike what Paul has to offer which is extreme at times.

They are SOOOOOOOO desperate to cut him down at every opportunity possible without blinking a eye and at times smirk while doing it. I am convinced we are slowly winning this battle. The not so obvious is becoming more and more obvious.

JackieDan
10-14-2011, 05:20 PM
that said, gary johnsons foreign policy is however much better than obamas and the republican neocons. Gary Johnsson is a good man, don't be naive. Matter of fact, Rand Paul doesn't even want a rapid withdrawal from Iraq. Gary wants to bring them home immediately.

Fermli
10-14-2011, 05:22 PM
I watched the online segment after the show. He got another couple foreign policy questions and didn't directly answer them.

Krauthammer asked him if he would bring the Navy home from the Pacific and let China take control and GJ said something along the lines of our Navy is important and then he went off on tangents talking about a real estate bubble in China and that we spend 52% of the world's military budget, while China spends 9%.

Brett85
10-14-2011, 05:23 PM
I watched the interview, and I never heard him say that.