PDA

View Full Version : Body language, microexpressions, gestural hotspots

febo
10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Anyone thinking about RP's campaign will find this educational I think - it just lays out the facts about body language, and around halfway through focusses more on politics.
I was particularly interested to see that politicians with the right kind of face win more.

For me it says that in the end an honest person is plain to see. Is that enough to win an election? Its never been tried before in our lifetimes ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQENwD-QlRA&feature=related

CaptainAmerica
10-14-2011, 01:45 PM
I am very aware of body language. Herman Cain has some very aggressive body language, so does Rick Perry. I compare Herman Cain to Obama though ,both are the most aggressive in body language in politics.

misconstrued
10-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Great show. Thanks for sharing this.

kazmlsj
10-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Not Ron Paul's style - take him as you see him - he has more on his mind to share than trynig to remember when to take his jacket off, roll up his cuffs and tilt his head a certain way.

Character and integrity matter most.

turbobrain9
10-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Not Ron Paul's style - take him as you see him - he has more on his mind to share than trynig to remember when to take his jacket off, roll up his cuffs and tilt his head a certain way.

Character and integrity matter most.

It may show that Ron lacks the motivation or awareness about this..he has to be aware that he is putting on a show. The common lore is that 80% of communication is body language..it's not what you say, it's also how you say it. And Ron presents like he is educating people, not presenting that he WANTS to be President or is a strong leader. But that's Ron and probably the truth..so at least he is authentic, which is much more respectable in the long-run but just not as effective in a Presidential Race...a race, manipulated by the media and others...