PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Please - Ron Paul Soundbytes and One-Liners

coffeewithchess
10-14-2011, 01:18 AM
I believe that RP needs to start speaking in soundbytes, that don't change his message, but allow it to be more easily understood by the masses...and more directly understood to the Republican base now.

I don't have many, but in chat...we have discussed this, so if you have any one-liners(or two), and the topic they go with...please add them to this thread, and I will forward them to a campaign contact.

On Israel:
If Dr. Paul is asked about his support of Israel, he can say:
"I believe sovereignty is the greatest gift we can give Israel, and I will immediately stop giving aid to her enemies." credit goes to Kaulana as original quote was, "Sovereignty is the greatest gift we can give Israel."

FBappDev
10-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Ron Paul Quotes on fb (http://www.facebook.com/RonPaulQuotes)

Romulus
10-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Re: 999 national sales tax: "We are Taxed Enough Already!"

Revolution9
10-15-2011, 03:23 PM
"I don't make political jokes. The other candidates are though."

"The mainstream media wants to treat me like I am nobody. That is fine. Nobody is perfect I remind them."

Rev9

Johnny Appleseed
10-15-2011, 03:37 PM
If I did something about things and it was wrong, would still be more than what the present administration is doing.

coffeewithchess
10-16-2011, 07:04 PM
"You can judge candidates based on the rhetoric they run on, such as 999 and 'Yes we can'; or you can judge candidates based on their records they run on."

S.Shorland
10-21-2011, 06:00 AM
'Man is an end in himself'.I know it's Randian but to my mind it gets to the heart of the matter.It's powerful and it states the kind of self reliance we're talking about,IMO.Does it frighten the evangelicals?It shouldn't,because 'we all have to carry our own burden' as far as judgement goes in the christian sense.

progressiveforpaul
10-21-2011, 07:19 AM
On the media blackout:
There are several reasons why you guys give Mitt/Rick more time for cat fights than you do the rest of us to discuss real issues.

On the charge of weakening our military:
I have more military personnel donating to my campaign than the rest of my opponents combined. I guess that means I am weak on defense.

On electability:
In poll after poll, I consistently do better than anyone on this stage in a head to head match up with the president.
I have by a wide margin the best ratio of media time to poll numbers of any candidate here.
I have the most small donors.
Mitt beats me in one area: the biggest money from banks and businesses taking American jobs overseas.
Obama is scared, as is everyone on this stage and most everyone in the MSM, about how well I do among independent voters and disenchanted Democrats.

On complimenting opponents:
What can I say good about my opponents?..well those two do have nice hair. As for the others, they do help me get ignored.

On fulfilling the GOP creed:
Seriously, who do you truly trust on the issues of less government and lower taxes?

On ability to govern:
Who else among these (besides Mitt on health care) truly knows how to work positively with independents and Democrats to craft something other than lowest common denominator policy?
I will continue to work with anybody regardless of party who wants more, not less liberty for all Americans.

On security, debt and jobs:
Let's end these endless wars that make us fewer friends, let Germany and Japan take care of their on defense, and bring our troops home to protect our borders and build an economy that works and puts all Americans who want to work back to work.
I want to cut spending by 4 trillion dollars and taxes by a trillion dollars over the next 4 years. I have a plan to do that, a plan that will get 60 votes in the Senate.

On ability to govern and make real change:
If we don't build constructive coalitions, we will continue the bipartisan corporatist catastrophe.

On values:
As a Christian I am concerned that our witness concerning the sanctity of all human life is dismissed when we refuse to obey the ancient Judeo-Christian wisdom of the just war tradition. As an American, I am concerned that our bipartisan obsession with violence is bankrupting us into greater violence still.

On the Fed.:
I'm glad my opponents are coming around to what I have been advocating for 40 years. Let's do audit the fed and I'll make sure its a real audit with teeth.
Mitt Romney made x amount of money on currency trading the past y number of years. Most people don't have enough money to make that kind of money. At the least we can allow for currency competition within the ordinary consumer market place. That will make the dollar stronger and maybe Mitt won't have to send so many of his overseas.

On popularity of Cain:
I understand why people like Herman Cain; he has a much better sense of humor than brother Rick.

On values and how to bring Democrats on board:
Hating the president will get us nowhere in this election. I don't hate President Obama any more than his former supporters do. They don't hate him; they hate his actions, which have gained them, as well as us, more war and less jobs.
Here's how we reach those disenchanted Democrats who want to occupy Wall Street: Tell them, if you want to build a peaceful green economy, then let's end the endless wars, stop fighting for people who don't want us to do what they can do for themselves, let Germany, Korea, Japan and the rest of those we spend trillions on for empire building and maintenance, pay for their own defense. We will pay for our own defense, bring the troops home and shift those resources to people like you who will build the peaceful green economy you thought Obama would build for all of us.

On who he is and what he's all about:
My name is Ron Paul, and I believe peace and liberty are the best policies to build security and prosperity for all Americans.

For more see: http://progressivesforronpaul.blogspot.com/

vechorik
11-09-2011, 08:38 PM
The Christians all say Ron Paul doesn't stand with Israel. They are looking for the words: "I STAND WITH ISRAEL" -- then say what he's going to say.

ShaneEnochs
11-09-2011, 10:48 PM
"I don't make political jokes. The other candidates are though."

"The mainstream media wants to treat me like I am nobody. That is fine. Nobody is perfect I remind them."

Rev9

That made me laugh.

BernardoEmerick
11-10-2011, 10:40 AM
When talking about economic issues:

"As the only candidate who predicted our current economic crisis, I can assure you that (...)".

Examples: "As the only candidate who predicted our current economic crisis, I can assure you that, unless we are really serious about our debt, our situation will not get better. That's why I propose a trillion dollars cut on my first year as your president".

"As the only candidate who predicted our current economic crisis, I can assure you that our biggest economic problem is our monetary policy. It's the monetary policy that generates the spending, because government can always pay its bills by printing money. That's why I propose a real monetary reform".

"As the only candidate who predicted our current economic crisis, I can assure you that the root of our economic problem is the monetary system, which is backed by nothing, but confidence in politicians. And, you know, I don't trust politicians that much..."

Change
11-12-2011, 07:37 AM
First things First. 1 comes before 9. Awareness comes before Change. In the end if you don't include the people in the process, you have a bunch of 9s and no change, which equals 0 So, I suggest number 1, listen to the people.

Change
11-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Newt...I am looking for a vice president, I will consider you, but honestly why didn't you think of auditing the Fed?

Change
11-12-2011, 07:46 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/gingrich-catches-Romney-Cain/2011/11/11/id/417717?s=al&promo_code=D7F8-1

Suggest we start posting on the "unidentified" other...Could that be Ron Paul. CBS sounds like the Bagdad Reporter..Networks have turned into Information Ministers

......Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, holding his regular daily news conference in a city hotel, denied any U.S. troops were in Baghdad and said Republican Guards had driven the Americans from the international airport.

Change
11-12-2011, 07:48 AM
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Change
11-12-2011, 07:50 AM
I tripple guarantee you Ron Paul is not even in this race...Fox Reports

DesMoinesActivist
11-15-2011, 10:40 PM
On Foreign Policy: "Let's try diplomacy for a while"

ed howard
11-17-2011, 09:12 AM

Rev9

This is a good one - or some variation ....
...to those in the media who think I'm a nobody, I'd like to remind them that nobody is perfect.

sarahdeez
12-06-2011, 11:08 PM
I like "We can no longer continue the current foreign policy of bribe and bomb."

sarahdeez
12-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Should call his fans freedom fanatics and liberty lovers - everyone loves alliteration.

vechorik
12-11-2011, 09:12 AM
I agree, simple slogans, soundbites, etc. work -- just like Bachmann said in the debate last night.
This may sound cruel, but I have decided voters are very stupid and it's complicated to educate them.
Grab them with soundbites -- educate them later.

Revolution9
12-11-2011, 10:20 AM
I agree, simple slogans, soundbites, etc. work -- just like Bachmann said in the debate last night.
This may sound cruel, but I have decided voters are very stupid and it's complicated to educate them.
Grab them with soundbites -- educate them later.

The Big Dog commercial is The super-thesis of soundbyting. It makes some people want to bust through brick walls and slay dragons to vote for Ron.

Rev9

coffeewithchess
12-11-2011, 11:42 AM
The Big Dog commercial is The super-thesis of soundbyting. It makes some people want to bust through brick walls and slay dragons to vote for Ron.

Rev9

I don't think so, but it's definitely a well produced commercial. Soundbytes are things that Obama used like, "Hope. Change. Yes We Can."
Herman Cain's "999".

Ron Paul is not known for any good soundbytes, that he uses repeatedly.

RP could secure this nomination with a few simple phrases, because he has the actual record to back up what he says.

I think one soundbyte RP has been using since the 80s, is "policeman of the world.", but that doesn't really portray a positive sounding message, and I think that's where a speech coach/team could be helpful to the campaign.
Saying the same things, but with different words to make the meanings more positive.

gunnysmith
12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
The campaign needs to stop attacking the other candidates, Simply say: "I'll let them run on their record, I'll run on mine"

Spend the Campaign money to get the message out.

Defiant
12-13-2011, 12:19 AM
I think throwing in an occasional quote from the founders might be beneficial. Such as:

"Perhaps it is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is charged to provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad" - James Madison

"Every law is an infraction of liberty. A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right". -Thomas Paine

"They who can up give essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties" - Abraham Lincoln

"Perfect freedom is as necessary to the health and vigor of commerce as it is to the health and vigor of citizenship". - Patrick Henry

"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in the insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding". - Louis D. Brandeis

This next one is a little long, but really good,

"Whatever is the cause of taxes to a nation becomes also the means of revenue to a government. Every war terminates with an addition of taxes, and consequently with an addition of revenue; and in any event of war, in the manner they are commenced and concluded, the power and interest of governments are increased. War, therefore, from its productiveness, as it easily furnishes the pretense of necessity for taxes and appointments to places and offices, becomes the principal part of the system of old governments to uphold the system of war, and betray the motives upon which they act." – Thomas Paine in “The Rights Of Man.”

coffeewithchess
12-13-2011, 12:30 AM
The campaign needs to stop attacking the other candidates, Simply say: "I'll let them run on their record, I'll run on mine"

Spend the Campaign money to get the message out.

Kind of interesting, as I was just looking for a thread that talks about if RP's campaign will start running more positive, "This is Ron Paul" type ads now that Christmas is upon us. I think it's time for the people to get to know RP's record, and let that help secure his place in the polls...BEFORE the media attacks start ramping up when he gets in first.

gunnysmith
12-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Told you this would happen Dr. Paul better step up.

Newt Gingrich pens a letter to his supporters and staffers today, urging them to be positive as the campaign moves forward, even as he acknowledges the verbal sparring that occurred between him and Mitt Romney yesterday. From the letter:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/285655/gingrich-pledges-positive-campaign-katrina-trinko

gunnysmith
12-19-2011, 12:43 PM
It is immoral to ask future generations to pay for the illegal foreign wars that killed their fathers and mothers.

Tannenzäpfle
12-20-2011, 11:07 PM
If you're looking for soundbites, Harry Browne wrote a great book of soundbites because he wanted to have some memorable responses ready for whenever media asked him questions. http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Z-Libertarian-Soundbites-Right/dp/0975432605

I know Ron Paul knows about it; he wrote in the foreword "Harry Browne's book will prove very useful to those interested in advancing the freedom philosophy. Harry provides libertarians with direct, thought-provoking, and often humorous responses to the questions advocates of the freedom philosophy face."

Worth dusting off.

JuicyG
12-23-2011, 03:47 AM
"All other candidates but Ron Paul wear same face hidden behind a different mask." - JuicyG

"Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither" - Benjamin Franklin
Ron Paul mentioned something along these lines in a past Fox debate but not the exact words. He emphasized this point in a few sentences, making reference to the founding fathers. Might be way more effective to use this quote and reference Benjamin Franklin due to time constraints and to show people you clearly have behind your domestic and foreign policy views one of the most respected founding fathers.

jemuf
12-27-2011, 12:21 AM
It's great that Dr. Paul is so genuine and sincere; Ron Paul supporters like that. We know what he means. We're not biased and we don't have a negative impression of him. The undecided masses need clear, concise, hard to argue phrases to wake them up. They will not try to figure out what he means.

Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, National Review, RealClearPolitics.com (videos) et al has more time to spread neo-con propaganda than Ron Paul has time to spread an honest, sometimes hard to handle message.

On foreign policy, here is a suggested statement structure:

positive phrase about America + criticism of the policy
positive phrase about military + criticism of the policy

idiom
12-28-2011, 12:09 PM
"I hear Newt might be running third party because its easier to get on the ballot that way"

idiom
12-28-2011, 09:43 PM
"I have a small fanatical base, it is an odd coalition comprised of members of the US Air Force, Army and Navy"

Highstreet
12-31-2011, 01:04 PM
We all, including Dr. Paul and Mr. Wead, need to call his opponents' foreign policy the "liberal failed foreign policy of policing the world and bankruptcy".

idiom
01-02-2012, 04:37 PM
"If the MSM were scientists: We heat the water but as you can see the water remains calm. suddenly however atoms from outside invade and incite the water making it bubble"

coffeewithgames
01-02-2012, 07:06 PM
We all, including Dr. Paul and Mr. Wead, need to call his opponents' foreign policy the "liberal failed foreign policy of policing the world and bankruptcy".

I don't like the "policing" term. It needs to be something like, "liberal failed foreign welfare policy, and borrowing money from China to provide for the defense for Japan and Germany."

idiom
01-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Foreign (Dictator) Welfare is a great term.

"The young people who support me are not voting for drugs, they are voting against being drafted to fight and die in another of President Obama's wars or for Mitt Romney's 'New American Century of Unrestricted Aggression'. Somebody has to fight wars, my rivals don't seem to care about that"

idiom
01-03-2012, 11:25 AM
On Elect-ability:

"Step One of getting elected is, Get on the Ballot."

coffeewithgames
01-03-2012, 07:24 PM
How about something like, "How much more do you want the government to do?", just in general. Listening to the Caucus speeches, and think they need to get rid of the "Libertarian" word.
"Just a simple question, 'How much more do you want the government to do? If you believe 'less is more' Ron Paul is your man."

Lord Xar
01-04-2012, 03:35 AM
"As you all have noticed, the media on the left And on the right have viciously attacked me. The talking heads on both sides, the establishment, have called me crazy/unelectable yet - YET, I am the only candidate to have predicted the economic collapse. I am the ONLY candidate to come out against the federal reserve & because of this, found out they bailed out corps/banks to the tune of 17 trillions dollars. And I am - I AM the only pro-peace candidate. So you tell me.... do those who say I am not elected represent your interests, or the special interests?"

"Look around you here on stage... do any of these candidates, other than myself, really offer anything different than what Obama is giving us? Obamas top 5 donors are big banks.. top 5. Coincidently, same with Romney. These men touted themselves as 'candidates for the people'. They are anything but. They both support wars, and the war machine.. they both supported bailouts and they both supported extending the Patriot Act. Infact... None of these others are "outsiders" or "anti-establishment". Nobody is different on this stage, but me. Do you want endless wars? Endless bailouts?"

Lord Xar
01-04-2012, 03:37 AM
"Whoever the media dismisses, attacks, and allows establishment bobbleheads to offer their opinions without rebuttal.. it might be a good idea, to take a long look at that candidate. He/She is probably the one who best represent you."

Lord Xar
01-04-2012, 10:40 AM
"If I am unelectable. An ant who shouldn't be noticed by a lion. Why is the media & establishment going thru great pains to try and disrcedit me and my message of peace and sound money?"

Highstreet
01-06-2012, 07:47 AM
"We can't project power abroad if we are weak at home"
"All other candidates are pushing a status quo economic plan"

whatshappeninman
01-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Wait... I'm 'to the left of' Obama on foreign policy? SINCE WHEN is spending $1T on another country CONSERVATIVE? HAVE WE LOST OUR MINDS???

chandy
01-06-2012, 04:37 PM
This entire speech. If the media want to say he is crazy on foreign policy, perhaps this will change some minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zGDisyWkIBM

teacherone
01-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Laugh Out Loud and say "Here is where I stand, and Newt Gingrich calls ME dangerous? Newt's a pussy who wants
to send your sons needlessly into harms way and make your grandsons pay for it."

teacherone
01-06-2012, 04:50 PM
"Do you think I'm a racist? If 'no' then leave me alone and let's discuss some issues.

If 'yes' then you believe I'm some sort of manchurian bigot running for presidency who's managed to hide my true racism just long enough to be elected and then enact my racist policies on unuspecting America.

Bwhahahahahahaha.

Ever heard of anything so stupid? Who's the kook now punk!"

idiom
01-07-2012, 09:49 PM
"Obama is about to begin a 10 year occupation of Iran. It will be an huge economic drain on America. Every other candidate here will make exactly the same mistake as Obama. Romney will make the same mistake as Obama. I won't make that mistake."

idiom
01-08-2012, 03:18 AM
On Explaining why the constitution is important for declaring wars:

"For too long Presidents of this nation have roamed the globe with our military, engaging in unconstitutional wars of convenience. This had caused enormous losses of blood and treasure and has severely soiled our reputation. It was with great wisdom that the Constitution assigns the power to declare war to the people. Well, Mr. President, the people want their army back."

On Third Party:

Turn it around: "Elections are about choice. Obama and Romney have the same foreign policy. If Romney becomes the nominee then what non-Obama choice will the people have? Do you suggest that America should only be allowed to choose Obama's foreign policy?"

idiom
01-08-2012, 03:35 AM
"Why does it feel like we are in a depression when the economy seems to be flat by the numbers? Because 12% of GDP is a lie. It is pure government borrowing. The wealth doesn't exist, Obama and Congress are just pretending it does so that we all get re-elected."

idiom
01-09-2012, 04:18 AM
On Mitt Romney,

"Hypothetical questions are designed to tease out what you believe. Romney doesn't answer hypothetical questions very well because he doesn't know what he believes very well."

tocano
01-09-2012, 12:42 PM
When someone like Rick Santorum (or anybody) criticizes his Congressional record makes him "on the margins" by saying something like, "Out of over 600 bills, only 4 ever got to a vote and only 1 ever passed." Paul should respond by pointing out how badly Congress has been, then asking whether their refusal to look at his bills is an indictment of Paul or of Congress.

Potential verbage here (http://tocano.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-ron-paul-should-respond-to.html)

tocano
01-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Are you suggesting we caused 9/11?

Absolutely not! WE the people did not cause 9/11. But the actions of the US govt over the last 50-60 years did - and on our behalf. WE the people didn't overthrow a democratically elected leader and replace him with a puppet dictator that brutally oppressed his people, but the US govt did. WE the people didn't supply Saddam Hussein with weapons and encourage him to attack Iran in the 80s, but the US govt did. WE the people didn't give billions of dollars to dictators that oppressed their people, but the US govt did. [More detail about what the US govt has done and emphasize the difference between WE the people and the US govt] These aren't the acts of everyday Americans, as the question implies, but the acts of govt.

On 3rd party run

I've answered this many times, I have not planned to run, I have no plans, and I am making no plans to run as an Independent.

When pressed for 'But you're leaving the option open?'

Look, I don't like absolutes and my word means something. So if next fall comes and the options are between Obama and Obama-lite [can either indicate someone or just leave that to be interpreted] I do not want to completely close the door on even the possibility of offering the American people a real choice for limited, Constitutional govt.

You're ok with Iran getting nuclear weapons?

If you are asking if I'm worried about Iran getting a nuclear weapon if we maintain our current foreign policy of intervention, preemptive attack, nation building, and occupation, then yes, I am very worried.

If you are asking if I would be worried about Iran getting a nuclear weapon if we followed my foreign policy, then no, I would not be worried.

Some say your foreign policy is to the left of Obama

Non-interventionism isn't a leftist policy. Non-interventionism - that is, freely trading with countries and avoiding entangling alliances - is a policy consistent with our founders. Let's not fall into the trap of making this a left vs right issue.

maryiscontrary
01-11-2012, 04:15 PM
This is what he should say as a sound bit:

"Folks, this is serious. If we do not implement my X policies, then we will descend into a rouge state and civil unrest. If we don't curtail these wars, mant children and senioers many go hungry. Are you confident that the status quo can be the proper managers of the crisis we are in?"

idiom
01-13-2012, 12:46 AM
"I have been married longer than President Obama has been alive"

Revolution9
01-13-2012, 09:57 AM
, Mr. President, the people want their army back."

Great one liner!

Rev9

idiom
02-10-2012, 04:06 AM
On Third Party run:

"I am still trying to figure out what happened to the Second Party. Mitt, Rick and Newt seem to be in the same party as the President, the party of more debt and less security. I stand for more security and less debt. Which party does that place me in?"

On its own:

"I stand for more security and less debt"

teacherone
02-10-2012, 04:16 AM
On Third Party run:

"I am still trying to figure out what happened to the Second Party. Mitt, Rick and Newt seem to be in the same party as the President, the party of more debt and less security. I stand for more security and less debt. Which party does that place me in?"

On its own:

"I stand for more security and less debt"

niiiiiiiiiice.

Ron Willison
02-11-2012, 03:39 PM
The United States Dollar is a Federal Reserve Note and the obligations against the currency are the obligations of the Federal Reserve, not the people of the United States.

Iran's real crime is they have made the BANKERS MAD by refusing Federal Reserve Notes for OIL. Saddam and Qaddafi did too.

idiom
02-26-2012, 05:43 PM
"The only thing I sell-out is stadiums."