PDA

View Full Version : Called in to Pat Desmarais Show (WBZ-1030, Boston)

bronxboy10
10-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi all!

I just called into the Pat Desmarais Show on WBZ 1030 in Boston. WBZ broadcasts at 50,000 watts and reaches all of New England and several states in the Midwest (at night). Below are the comments I made on the show. I appreciate that Pat was receptive to my comments. He did ask why the Herman Cain lying about the "stupid" comment was relevant, and I responded by saying it was relevant because this was just one of several lies told by Herman Cain at the GOP debate, and that this particular comment upholds Cain's pattern of lying. Thanks for reading everyone!

Hi Pat, thank you for having me on your show. There are two points I would like to make on your show tonight. First, there were several statements and exchanges made by Herman Cain at the most recent GOP debate that I found to be interesting. One exchange I would like to focus on in particular was the question posed to Herman Cain by Ron Paul. I will paraphrase, but Ron Paul asked Herman Cain if he stood by comments that he made about individuals who would like to see a full audit of the federal reserve, where he called those individuals "ignorant".

Cain responded by saying "You have misquoted me. I did not call you or any of your people ignorant. I don't know where that came from"

However, it has come to light that in his book, "This is Herman Cain: My Journey to the White House", Herman Cain stated, ""I get the same stupid question at almost every one of these events. I know it's a deliberate strategy. How can a person randomly show up at a hundred events and ask the same stupid question and try to nail me on the Federal Reserve?""

I wanted to call to see what your take was on this particular exchange, Pat.

Second, I do not think many people out there know who crafted Herman Cain's "9-9-9" plan. Well, it recently came to light that the architect of that particular plan is an individual by the name of Richard Lowrie Jr, a Wells Fargo employee in Pepper Pike, Ohio (a town of about 6000 by the way). Normally when I think of an economic advisor to the president, I think of a Nobel Laurate or some sort of distinguished individual. Richard Lowrie Jr graduated from Case Western University with a B.S. in Accounting. What is your take on this individual as the economic advisor, and architect, of Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan?

Thank you for having me, Pat.

talkingpointes
10-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the forums bud, and good questions. How did he respond?

bb_dg
10-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Lately I've noticed a lot of new members, welcome to the forums! Those are some good points you brought up there.

Oddone
10-13-2011, 10:24 PM
What was more important was that he lied about his stance on the Federal Reserve! Caught in a direct lie! But yes he called us all stupid.

Edit: Yes welcome and +rep! Also I'd have lvoed to hear a recording of this. Does the show keep records online?

eaglesfan48
10-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the forums... awesome job calling in there. =)

bronxboy10
10-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Well, he asked why the lie Herman Cain told (saying Paul misquoted him) was relevant. I responded by saying that this was just one of several complete fabrications Herman Cain asserted during the GOP debate this past week. By the way- this was all said before I started my second point.

After I made my second point, and asked for his opinion on Richard Lowrie Jr as the economic advisor to the Cain campaign. He more-or-less agreed with my point, saying that as more scrutiny is applied to the Cain campaign, more of these facts will emerge.

Overall- I would say this was a very open platform and the host was certainly not biased against Paul. I didn't listen to the entire show, but from what I heard it was a Cain bashing fest, with several positive points made by individuals about Paul's policies and his campaign. Oh, and since the station is located in Massachusetts, there was a good amount of Romney bashing (people here in Massachusetts do NOT like Mitt, when he was governor here, I think he spent more time campaigning outside the state than he did doing his job as governor!)

bronxboy10
10-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I am a new Ron Paul supporter as of the Constitution Day Money Bomb, I never did extensive research into his platform prior to that fundraising event. Now I will NOT vote for anyone BUT Paul.

bluesc
10-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Welcome!

+rep for calling in with good points to make.

TheTyke
10-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I am a new Ron Paul supporter as of the Constitution Day Money Bomb, I never did extensive research into his platform prior to that fundraising event. Now I will NOT vote for anyone BUT Paul.

Welcome to the forums! What an inspiring statement! The message of liberty keeps spreading. Reminds me of: "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government!"

r3volution
10-13-2011, 10:58 PM
http://mset.rst2.edu/portfolios/h/hannah_d/brains/final/Pic_GreatJob.gif

Eric21ND
10-14-2011, 03:54 AM
Excellent points you brought up, and its even more awesome you were articulate on a major radio show.

InTradePro
10-14-2011, 06:58 AM
+Rep. Excellent bronxboy10