PDA

View Full Version : 3 candidates boycott Nevada caucus = our time to shine

VictorB
10-13-2011, 08:21 PM
*Edit: Candidates will boycott caucus, not debate!

*Mods: please edit title accordingly.

That's what I get for reading too fast, and having the debate on my mind.

link: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/13/huntsman-to-boycott-nv-in-favor-of-nh/

FSP-Rebel
10-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Their campaigns are broke and can't afford the airfare? We'll take it if that's the case.

eduardo89
10-13-2011, 08:26 PM
They'll probably just give Newt's time to Romney, Huntman's time to Cain, and Santorum's 30 seconds to Perry

realtonygoodwin
10-13-2011, 08:32 PM
It is because they are depending on winning New Hampshire, and they think they will get more votes from NH by "boycotting " campaigning in a state they have no real shot at.

RileyE104
10-13-2011, 08:34 PM
I hope they don't cancel it because it seems like something they'd do with just 5 candidates left out of the 8 who were invited...

Paul, Perry, Romney, Bachmann, Cain

^ If inviting Johnson keeps them from canceling, I hope they do that. Snub Gingrich, Huntsman and Santorum for being a bunch of babies.

dirtfarmerz
10-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Uh, the article says they are boycotting the caucus NOT the debate. I read in another news article that the boycott will also start the day after the debate next week.

eduardo89
10-13-2011, 08:36 PM
I hope they don't cancel it because it seems like something they'd do with just 5 candidates left out of the 8 who were invited...

^ If inviting Johnson keeps them from canceling, I hope they do that. Snub Gingrich, Huntsman and Santorum for being a bunch of babies.

I thought Johnson was invited and is going?

VictorB
10-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Uh, the article says they are boycotting the caucus NOT the debate. I read in another news article that the boycott will also start the day after the debate next week.

Dammit! You are right. I was so excited when I first read it I tricked my own mind. Will fix it...

rich34
10-13-2011, 08:38 PM
I reckon you didn't see the debate with 4 candidates, Ron, Mitt, McCain and Huck? They still blatently ignored us, it was awful. We're in better position this time, but they're still ignoring Ron. We just gotta get him as much money as possible to counter the bs!

Original_Intent
10-13-2011, 08:39 PM

They are not going to cancel due to low numbers of candidates...4 or 5 candidates actually makes a better debate, and the media's top three (Romney, Perry, Cain) will all be there, no way they cancel a debate over the three that you mentioned not showing...and it sounds like they will actually be there. I wish they weren't.

Keith and stuff
10-13-2011, 08:40 PM
It is already up to 4 and then there are a bunch more that haven't spent a single cent in NV. DE was boycotted in 2000 so this kind of thing isn't uncommon.

dirtfarmerz
10-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Dammit! You are right. I was so excited when I first read it I tricked my own mind. Will fix it...

You had ME excited thinking you had inside information on the upcoming debate. And then I read the article. What a letdown! :D

speciallyblend
10-13-2011, 08:44 PM

they should boycott the 2012 election if they are gonna boycott a caucus;)

speciallyblend
10-13-2011, 08:45 PM
You had ME excited thinking you had inside information on the upcoming debate. And then I read the article. What a letdown! :D

tar and feathers for victorb:) teasing victorb;)

eduardo89
10-13-2011, 08:45 PM
they should boycott the 2012 election if they are gonna boycott a caucus;)

It's not fair to just boycott one state, they should just not campaign anywhere anymore. Well they can campaign in Guam if they want.

parocks
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Really should be boycotting Florida. It was Floridas change that caused Nevadas change, and probably the other 3 changes.

Keith and stuff
10-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Really should be boycotting Florida. It was Floridas change that caused Nevadas change, and probably the other 3 changes.

NV did it because of the leaders of the NV GOP hate working with the national GOP and the various state GOPs. There was no reason for them to do what they did.

pulp8721
10-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Update: Bachmann says she won't be in debate next week:

She also said she would boycott a candidate debate next week in Nevada in a show of support for New Hampshire’s status as the nation’s first presidential primary. Nevada has moved its caucus date to Jan. 14, putting pressure on the traditional nominating calendar in which Iowa’s caucus go first, followed by New Hampshire’s primary.

hxxp://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/10/13/michele-bachmann-claims-92k-donors-will-not-participate-in-nevada-debate/

Brian4Liberty
10-13-2011, 09:21 PM
It is because they are depending on winning New Hampshire, and they think they will get more votes from NH by "boycotting " campaigning in a state they have no real shot at.

That.^

The ones who are boycotting are trying to kiss New Hampshire ass.

Razmear
10-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Update: Bachmann says she won't be in debate next week:

hxxp://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/10/13/michele-bachmann-claims-92k-donors-will-not-participate-in-nevada-debate/

Updated Update:

(Clarification: an earlier version of this story said Bachmann would boycott the candidate debate in Nevada next week. Bachmann will attend the debate; confusion arose during a press conference Thursday evening in which Bachmann responded to a question about the debate with an answer referring to the caucus.)

r3volution
10-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Update : On Friday morning, Huntsman upped his ante, saying that he would also refuse to participate in an upcoming presidential debate in Nevada.

http://iowaindependent.com/62159/santorum-joins-nevada-boycott-paul-brushes-it-aside

VictorB
10-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Update : On Friday morning, Huntsman upped his ante, saying that he would also refuse to participate in an upcoming presidential debate in Nevada.

http://iowaindependent.com/62159/santorum-joins-nevada-boycott-paul-brushes-it-aside

Well...maybe I predicted the future! Come on Newt and Santorum!

JamesButabi
10-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Cain has also now said he will boycott the caucus!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66013.html

rich34
10-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Guy's this is not good. They are only doing this because the caucus will be very early in the process and based on the results from 08 they know Ron will be a threat to win, thus changing the perception that Ron can't win. This has the potential to be very beneficial to us which is why they're "boycotting"