PDA

View Full Version : What would $4-6Million from BlackThisOut do for the campaign? How would it change things?

WD-NY
10-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Any thoughts on the potential impact/affect of an extra $4-6Million now (a full 2.5 months before the Iowa caucus) - as opposed to later - for RP's campaign? What will it be spent on and how could it influence the results in Iowa & NH? Is there anything specific they'd be able to do now that would have a dramatic impact?

ItsTime
10-13-2011, 06:21 PM
I doubt anyone will tip their cards to their strategy in Iowa/NH. But it will help. They have done testing where Ron Paul's numbers drastically go up where the ads are being shown. If you have seen that Doug Wead video he touches on their testing a little bit. If you have not seen the video (where he also says that THIS moneybomb is one of the most important moments in the campaign/bigger than most strawpolls) here it is.

http://ronpaulflix.com/2011/10/senior-campaign-advisor-doug-wead-speaks-about-ron-paul-campaign/

IndianaPolitico
10-13-2011, 06:21 PM
I think it will be huge. It will allow them to take out MASSIVE ad buys, and as Doug Wead says, take the message DIRECTLY to the people! Having it this early would completely change the election.

badger4RP
10-13-2011, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ng9PcfLxEiI

Doug Wead on BTO

trey4sports
10-13-2011, 06:25 PM
I think the vast majority will go to TV advertising.

InTradePro
10-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Any thoughts on the potential impact/affect of an extra $4-6Million now (a full 2.5 months before the Iowa caucus) - as opposed to later - for RP's campaign? What will it be spent on and how could it influence the results in Iowa & NH? Is there anything specific they'd be able to do now that would have a dramatic impact?

Each moneybomb has three aspects.
1) The money it raises
2) the involvement or greater involvement of existing supporters
3) the effect on none supporters

The blackthisout moneybomb has succeeded in b, likely will succeed in a and failed totally in c. Hopefully the next moneybomb can do all three.

bluesc
10-13-2011, 06:28 PM
I would want nearly all of it to go into Iowa and NH. As has been previously said, the numbers go up when seeing ads. We just need the money to get the message to people.

Ron has it easier in this way, other candidates need to spend more to get the numbers as they don't have the same appeal that Ron does. As is said, if Ron was reported on fairly, he would be the runaway frontrunner.

The BTO moneybomb will be one of the most important things in this campaign. Huge fundraising on Oct 19th is critical. Bombing is unacceptable. Get out there and promote.

ItsTime
10-13-2011, 06:29 PM
1) The money it raises

The blackthisout moneybomb has succeeded in b, likely will succeed in a and failed totally in c. Hopefully the next moneybomb can do all three.

You are so wrong about thinking that this moneybomb has not gained any new supporters. Ive talked to so many people that have asked me what the moneybomb is about and then when explained to them, they agree that Ron Paul is getting blacked out and they say they will look more into him. I hear the same stories like mine over and over again.

IndianaPolitico
10-13-2011, 06:30 PM
You are so wrong about thinking that this moneybomb has not gained any new supporters. Ive talked to so many people that have asked me what the moneybomb is about and then when explained to them, they agree that Ron Paul is getting blacked out and they say they will look more into him. I hear the same stories like mine over and over again.

We have JustinPageWood to thank for the viral marketing idea. It is working great!

TheTyke
10-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Last campaign we were begging for them to do TV advertising... this time they have professional ads and plans ready to go for different fundraising levels!! I think Doug is right, this moneybomb is going to be a very big deal for the campaign!

JamesButabi
10-13-2011, 06:35 PM
4-6 million should turn some heads including reluctantly some in the media. I certainly hope they include the number individual donors like the previous moneybomb as well.

Most importantly it will allow the campaign to purchase mass media buys primarily in important states. This is crucial to us reaching uninformed voters. Also im sure you have noticed the quality of the ads compared to the last go around.

WD-NY
10-13-2011, 06:35 PM
1) The money it raises

But if it succeeds in 1/a, then it will/could eventually have a huge impact on non-supporters ... which is what Doug Wead is saying... and what Doug Wead says, GOES! :)

InTradePro
10-13-2011, 06:40 PM

All that is happening there is the finding of fruit that is already ripe. It's not a process that is ripening fruit. I hope that the next stage really changes the overall association of energy around Dr Paul to a positive light. People ultimately vote based on emotion and that more positive it is the more likely they will vote.

Thomas
10-13-2011, 06:42 PM
i think this moneybomb will make or break the campaign.

IndianaPolitico
10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
i think this moneybomb will make or break the campaign.
It very well could, that is why we ALL need to push this as hard as we can! I admit, when this first started. I didn't think we could EVER reach 25,000 attending, now, I am quite optimistic!

InTradePro
10-13-2011, 06:46 PM
But if it succeeds in 1/a, then it will/could eventually have a huge impact on non-supporters ... which is what Doug Wead is saying... and what Doug Wead says, GOES! :)

Yes, I agree with Doug and indeed the direct approach by the campaign with raised funds I'm sure will be positive. It is to be considered however that the internet is a direct approach and a moneybomb are a direct approach to potentially millions of potential voters who learn of the moneybombs through the internet.

NickOdell
10-13-2011, 06:54 PM
1) The money it raises

I disagree on 3. My dad that I've been working on for MONTHS on Ron Paul, totally blind to the corruption and everything that is going on, is finally coming around to Ron Paul due to all the fantastic BTO YouTube videos. He is seeing the agenda, and I've been driving home that it is intentional and for a reason.

This is helping tremendously.

WD-NY
10-13-2011, 06:55 PM
I would want nearly all of it to go into Iowa and NH. As has been previously said, the numbers go up when seeing ads. We just need the money to get the message to people.

Ron has it easier in this way, other candidates need to spend more to get the numbers as they don't have the same appeal that Ron does. As is said, if Ron was reported on fairly, he would be the runaway frontrunner.

The BTO moneybomb will be one of the most important things in this campaign. Huge fundraising on Oct 19th is critical. Bombing is unacceptable. Get out there and promote.

But is it possible that they already have 1 or 2 character/position-defining commercials (like the vets ad) ready to go and are just waiting for the money to come in? We've only seen 3 ads so far from the campaign, but aren't those types of ads planned well in advance (as opposed to attack ads which come together more quickly)? Speaking of attack ads, who here thinks Paul's attack ad against Cain (when it comes) will = K.O.

Also, how much would 5-6million rattle the establishment/Romney? A little, a lot or not at all? I feel like if we scared them a bit, they might be forced to launch into attack mode (which imo is 5x better than "Operation Endless BlackOut"). I feel like if the MSM had their way, they wouldn't even have to launch their attack machine against Paul (because attacks lead to coverage, and coverage of Paul leads to NEW SUPPORTERS)

NickOdell
10-13-2011, 07:08 PM
But is it possible that they already have 1 or 2 character/position-defining commercials (like the vets ad) ready to go and are just waiting for the money to come in? We've only seen 3 ads so far from the campaign, but aren't those types of ads planned well in advance (as opposed to attack ads which come together more quickly)? Speaking of attack ads, who here thinks Paul's attack ad against Cain (when it comes) will = K.O.

Also, how much would 5-6million rattle the establishment/Romney? A little, a lot or not at all? I feel like if we scared them a bit, they might be forced to launch into attack mode (which imo is 5x better than "Operation Endless BlackOut"). I feel like if the MSM had their way, they wouldn't even have to launch their attack machine against Paul (because attacks lead to coverage, and coverage of Paul leads to NEW SUPPORTERS)

Couldn't have said it better. You are exactly right on.

Uriah
10-13-2011, 07:17 PM
I doubt anyone will tip their cards to their strategy in Iowa/NH. But it will help. They have done testing where Ron Paul's numbers drastically go up where the ads are being shown. If you have seen that Doug Wead video he touches on their testing a little bit. If you have not seen the video (where he also says that THIS moneybomb is one of the most important moments in the campaign/bigger than most strawpolls) here it is.

http://ronpaulflix.com/2011/10/senior-campaign-advisor-doug-wead-speaks-about-ron-paul-campaign/

Great vid!

+rep for posting
We need to give all we've got. Doug Weed said it's all about money, money, money.

Revolution9
10-13-2011, 07:19 PM
We have JustinPageWood to thank for the viral marketing idea. It is working great!

We even have a major FOX commentator using the blackout meme.

Rev9