PDA

View Full Version : N.H. GOP chair calls for Jan. primary

donnay
10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
N.H. GOP chair calls for Jan. primary

New Hampshire Secretary of State Bill Gardner is imperiling the state’s place in the political world by threatening to hold a December primary, New Hampshire GOP Chairman Wayne MacDonald charged Thursday.

“During the course of the debate these next four years, it could well be that we have no delegates four years from now if we go into December,” MacDonald told POLITICO. “It has been discussed in conference calls that the rules aren’t stringent enough and the sanction needs to be 100 percent of delegates for states that break them.”

MacDonald urged Gardner to hold the state’s election Jan. 10.

MacDonald wasn’t the only one worrying about the long-term impact of the current turmoil.

“I do worry about that. That’s a real concern,” said another top New Hampshire Republican. “We don’t want to diminish the significance of it.”

Gardner, who has full control over the state’s primary date, released a statement Wednesday saying he was willing to drastically reshuffle the primary calendar to keep New Hampshire at least seven days ahead of the next nominating contest. He said the only way he’d consider Jan. 10 is if Nevada moves its caucus — currently scheduled for Jan. 14 — back three days. On Wednesday night, the Nevada GOP declined to make the move.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65914.html#ixzz1ahra1yvh

Keith and stuff
10-13-2011, 05:28 PM
If the NH Primary is in Dec, the NH economy will lose millions of money it will be Secretary of State Bill Gardner's fault. He will be to blame.

sailingaway
10-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah, they were throwing December 6 around...

donnay
10-13-2011, 07:59 PM
If the NH Primary is in Dec, the NH economy will lose millions of money it will be Secretary of State Bill Gardner's fault. He will be to blame.

I think Bill Gardner is walking on egg shells this time around. I am sure he will try to keep in January.

libertybrewcity
10-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Oh hey new NH Chairman. Looks like Kimball is gone.

Keith and stuff
10-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah, Kimball is gone. He resigned because he was about to be voted out. It was about a bunch of GOP crap mostly. Kimball just didn't have much experience in politics and didn't know what he was expected to do. When he didn't do as expected he was asked to leave and he did leave by his own will. It really doesn't matter much as the #1 job of the NH GOP leader is to bring in funds. Actually, maybe it is good that Kimball left because supposedly, him being in charge hurt fundraising. Personally, I liked him on a lot of the issues.

hazek
10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
So what can we expect here, what are the odds NH primary will be in Dec vs Jan?