PDA

View Full Version : Bill to strip citizenship from those that support hostilities to U.S.!

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 03:27 PM
(note to Mods: a quick search did not bring up this article. If it is a dupe please merge or delete.)

So I guess this actually proves that Obombya didn't have the authority...

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/187283-house-senate-members-look-to-tweak-us-citizenship-rules-after-awlaki-death

Legislation to strip U.S. citizenship from people who support hostilities against the United States has been introduced in Congress.

The bill is a response to the Sept. 30 killing of Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born al Qaeda operative who helped recruit terrorists. Al-Awlaki's death in Yemen has led to a debate about whether the U.S. had the right to set up any operation aimed at killing a U.S. citizen.

The legislation, introduced by Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) in the Senate and Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.) in the House, would resolve that issue in future cases by revoking the citizenship of anyone who engages in hostilities against the U.S., or who purposefully and materially supports hostilities against the U.S.

"The repeated attempts by the now-deceased al Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki to recruit other American citizens to strike our homeland demonstrates the necessity of updating our laws to account for an enemy who would subvert our freedoms to attack us," Lieberman said. "This bill would establish in law a fact that all Americans already know — when an American citizen joins wartime hostilities against the United States, he is also renouncing his citizenship and should not be able to use an American passport as a tool of terror or a shield of self-protection.
"This bill modernizes the process by which the citizenship status of an individual engaged in hostiles against the American people is examined by treating terrorists in the same manner as a U.S citizen who marched with the Third Reich, Imperial Japan or the forces of Saddam Hussein," added Dent.

Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.), who co-sponsored the Senate bill, cited another recent case involving Rezwan Ferdaus, who was stockpiling weapons in Massachusetts in preparation for an attack against Washington, D.C. Brown said the bill, S. 1698, would strip these terrorists of "the right to call themselves Americans."

The House bill is co-sponsored by Rep. Jason Altmire (D-Pa.).

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 03:39 PM
//

CaptainAmerica
10-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Obama Hitler.

Danke
10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Cool, best not to be a U.S. Citizen anyway.

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 03:43 PM
The way I see it it is undeniable evidence that there is no law in place allowing the legislative branch to simply declare someone a terrorist and kill them w/out due process. So when is Lieberman gonna call for an impeachment?

pcosmar
10-13-2011, 03:44 PM
WTF ?

Arrgggh!

uh,,a,,,mmm,,

:mad:

rp08orbust
10-13-2011, 03:47 PM
How does the US gov go about determining whether a person has engaged in such hostilities and therefore loses their citizenship? If the gov can declare anyone a hostile without a trial, then anyone can be denied a trial for any charge.

CaptainAmerica
10-13-2011, 03:49 PM
In other words, Obamas administration is now building a law so that they can kill whoever they want to,including journalists and preachers,activists and basically anyone who will oppose the coming war with Iran.

Humanae Libertas
10-13-2011, 03:53 PM
So is there anyone still out there that thinks there's a difference between Democrats & Republicans?

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 03:57 PM
How does the US gov go about determining whether a person has engaged in such hostilities and therefore loses their citizenship? If the gov can declare anyone a hostile without a trial, then anyone can be denied a trial for any charge.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Question of the day!

donnay
10-13-2011, 03:58 PM
The Patriot Act Sect. 802 Domestic Terrorism defined...it has power to strip people of their U.S. citizenship--already in place.

Section 802 of the PATRIOT Act is specifically aimed at US citizens and announces any crime as "domestic terrorism". Citizens can be held without a trial as "Enemy Combatants". The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in January 2003 that U.S. citizens can be stripped of their citizenship and held as enemy combatants.

Sources:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/court_us_can_hold_citizens_as_enemy_combatants.htm l
http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/military_commissions_does_affect_us_citizens.htm

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 04:14 PM
The Patriot Act Sect. 802 Domestic Terrorism defined...it has power to strip people of their U.S. citizenship--already in place.

Section 802 of the PATRIOT Act is specifically aimed at US citizens and announces any crime as "domestic terrorism". Citizens can be held without a trial as "Enemy Combatants". The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in January 2003 that U.S. citizens can be stripped of their citizenship and held as enemy combatants.

Sources:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/court_us_can_hold_citizens_as_enemy_combatants.htm l
http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/military_commissions_does_affect_us_citizens.htm

Yes but this takes it a step further. Instead of detention w/out trial it becomes targeted for killing.

Sematary
10-13-2011, 04:19 PM
The road to crushing ALL movements which the government sees as dangerous is in the works. We need to fight this.

Brian4Liberty
10-13-2011, 04:22 PM
So, it seems we are taking for granted that the President can murder any non-US Citizen he wants at any time?

torchbearer
10-13-2011, 04:23 PM
thank god i'm a citizen of louisiana and not a citizen of the federal government.

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 04:26 PM
The road to crushing ALL movements which the government sees as dangerous is in the works. We need to fight this.

How? It will pass. I guarantee it. We are now living in a country were citizens can be disappeared/killed without due process. I read and was taught about evil and villainous countries like this when I was a child. Now I've grown to live in one.

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
thank god i'm a citizen of louisiana and not a citizen of the federal government.

Any specific Louisiana Constitution law protecting you? Does your state have the gumption to back it?

Sematary
10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I haven't been able to locate the text of the bill. Does anyone know if it has been published yet?
On an aside, I'd like to mention that I love living in Ct. but I fucking hate the people who represent my state.

Sematary
10-13-2011, 04:30 PM
How? It will pass. I guarantee it. We are now living in a country were citizens can be disappeared/killed without due process. I read and was taught about evil and villainous countries like this when I was a child. Now I've grown to live in one.

Do you remember REAL ID? The people fought against it and it has failed - if we can't convince the Senate and the House to defeat it then we need to hit our state legislatures (hard) and get them to fight it. Having a defeatist attitude will not help

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Do you remember REAL ID? The people fought against it and it has failed - if we can't convince the Senate and the House to defeat it then we need to hit our state legislatures (hard) and get them to fight it. Having a defeatist attitude will not help

They could give ground on the REAL ID. There has always been end runs around it and that is something they could put off for a different day. Since I have not heard much opposition to killing a 'terrorist' I predict it will pass. It is for our 'safety." Some may call it defeatist. Others realistic.

Sematary
10-13-2011, 04:35 PM
P.S. (Important). We can help to kill this bill in Committee. The committee members are listed here: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/committee.xpd?id=SSJU. You can email the individual committee members or call their offices. Make it go viral. I'm going to post this crap on my facebook page and begin there.

donnay
10-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Yes but this takes it a step further. Instead of detention w/out trial it becomes targeted for killing.

SECTION 501 (Expatriation of Terrorists) expands the Bush administration’s “enemy combatant” definition to all American citizens who “may” have violated any provision of Section 802 of the first Patriot Act. (Section 802 is the new definition of domestic terrorism, and the definition is “any action that endangers human life that is a violation of any Federal or State law.”) Section 501 of the second Patriot Act directly connects to Section 125 of the same act. The Justice Department boldly claims that the incredibly broad Section 802 of the First USA Patriot Act isn’t broad enough and that a new, unlimited definition of terrorism is needed.

Under Section 501 a US citizen engaging in lawful activities can be grabbed off the street and thrown into a van never to be seen again. The Justice Department states that they can do this because the person “had inferred from conduct” that they were not a US citizen. Remember Section 802 of the First USA Patriot Act states that any violation of Federal or State law can result in the “enemy combatant” terrorist designation.

http://www.infowars.com/print/patriot_act/alexs_analysis.htm

Sematary
10-13-2011, 04:46 PM
I refuse to give in. I have already contacted all four members of the Judiciary committee. PLEASE take the time to contact them and ask everyone you know to do likewise.
Here is the text I sent them.

I saw today that the Judiciary committee will be taking up legislation introduced as s.1698, sponsored by Joe Lieberman. While the text of the legislation is not available, it concerns me that this legislation could be used in the future for persons in future administrations to designate American Citizens who protest policy of the United States as combatants against the United States or some other terminology which would lead to them losing their citizenship and then becoming targets of the U.S. government. I can see this being used in nefarious ways against such groups as Greenpeace or Occupy Wall Street. I beg you to not allow this egregious piece of legislation which could be used to stifle the right of the American people to peacefully protest the actions and policies of their government to be allowed out of the Judiciary committee.

Danke
10-13-2011, 04:48 PM

Yep.

Cool, best not to be a U.S. Citizen anyway. ;)

heavenlyboy34
10-13-2011, 04:49 PM
thank god i'm a citizen of louisiana and not a citizen of the federal government.Louisiana is part of the corporation known as the United States. :(

Anti Federalist
10-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Well, now, isn't this just a fine kettle of fish...

Half the people on this board, myself included, will be on the way to federal prison, depending on how "liberally" the courts plan on interpreting this:

or who purposefully and materially supports hostilities against the U.S.

Fight, fuck or hit the fence boy-os, the time is rapidly approaching.

Anti Federalist
10-13-2011, 04:53 PM

Nice argument.

Worthless when lined up at the edge of the mass grave, awaiting your bullet.

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 04:55 PM
I refuse to give in. I have already contacted all four members of the Judiciary committee. PLEASE take the time to contact them and ask everyone you know to do likewise.
Here is the text I sent them.

I saw today that the Judiciary committee will be taking up legislation introduced as s.1698, sponsored by Joe Lieberman. While the text of the legislation is not available, it concerns me that this legislation could be used in the future for persons in future administrations to designate American Citizens who protest policy of the United States as combatants against the United States or some other terminology which would lead to them losing their citizenship and then becoming targets of the U.S. government. I can see this being used in nefarious ways against such groups as Greenpeace or Occupy Wall Street. I beg you to not allow this egregious piece of legislation which could be used to stifle the right of the American people to peacefully protest the actions and policies of their government to be allowed out of the Judiciary committee.

Sure. I'll write an email. I'll use a lot of BOLD text. I might even use the color RED to show that I am displeased.

But I'll be DAMNED if I'll beg these f*cks for anything.

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Fight, fuck or hit the fence boy-os, the time is rapidly approaching.

Yes. It surely is upon us.

Anti Federalist
10-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Louisiana is part of the corporation known as the United States. :(

This ^^^

The system has unilaterally decided it has the right to kill US citizens at will, with no judicial protections whatsoever.

They think they own us, and petty legal shenanigans aren't going to slow them down for one second.

You are witnessing the US version of the "Enabling Acts" being passed right before your eyes.

Any of us will be lucky to make it out alive on the other side of this.

Anti Federalist
10-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Oh, and Joe Lieberman is a maggot encrusted, walking, talking, stinking, shitstick.

torchbearer
10-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Nice argument.

Worthless when lined up at the edge of the mass grave, awaiting your bullet.

the only arugment that counts is the one you pull with your trigger finger.

Sematary
10-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Sure. I'll write an email. I'll use a lot of BOLD text. I might even use the color RED to show that I am displeased.

But I'll be DAMNED if I'll beg these f*cks for anything.

Better than waiting for a drone to drop a bomb on your ass.

Anti Federalist
10-13-2011, 05:06 PM
the only arugment that counts is the one you pull with your trigger finger.

No argument.

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Better than waiting for a drone to drop a bomb on your ass.

If you think so. I've been writing letters, yes actual postage stamp bombs of truth, and e-mails for most my adult life. If they actually did anything then we wouldn't be were we are today. And I ain't 'waiting' on nothing.

torchbearer
10-13-2011, 05:21 PM
No argument.

that is what i mean.

cucucachu0000
10-13-2011, 05:53 PM
o god how is this any better that doing what they did?

flightlesskiwi
10-13-2011, 06:05 PM
This ^^^

The system has unilaterally decided it has the right to kill US citizens at will, with no judicial protections whatsoever.

They think they own us, and petty legal shenanigans aren't going to slow them down for one second.

You are witnessing the US version of the "Enabling Acts" being passed right before your eyes.

bolded and repeated for emphasis.

o god how is this any better that doing what they did?

it's not. it's justification for the planned future murders of people they have on their capture or kill lists.

a list that, just like the federal government, is growing (and i'll bet it's growing as exponentially as the debt)

heavenlyboy34
10-13-2011, 06:37 PM
This ^^^

Exactly fucking right. :( :mad: IOU a +rep when I get some more ammo.

QueenB4Liberty
10-13-2011, 06:42 PM
This ^^^

I tried to rep you, but of course I'm out of ammo.

The sad part is that I think a lot of people like being owned.

Anti Federalist
10-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I tried to rep you, but of course I'm out of ammo.

The sad part is that I think a lot of people like being owned.

Right up until the point they are pushed through the slaughterhouse gate.

But of course, by then, it will be too late.

Sematary
10-13-2011, 08:56 PM
In a related story:

MINNEAPOLIS — Two Minnesota women accused of funneling money to a terror group in Somalia talked about collecting money for al-Shabab, supporting fighters instead of other charities and the possibility that FBI was listening in on their conversations, according to hours of recorded phone calls played for jurors.

Prosecutors have built the bulk of their case by playing more than 80 phone calls recorded during a 10-month wiretap on the home and cellphones of Amina Farah Ali, 35. In those calls, prosecutors allege, Ali is heard talking to her co-defendant, 64-year-old Hawo Mohamed Hassan, as well as leaders of al-Shabab in Somalia. The calls include recordings of teleconferences in which the women gave religious lectures and collected donations.

Ali and Hassan are accused of being part of a "deadly pipeline" that routed money and fighters from the U.S. to Somalia. The women, U.S. citizens of Somali descent, are charged with conspiracy to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization. The women have said they were raising money for needy refugees in Somalia.

The recorded calls are all in Somali. Jurors are following along with written transcripts that have been translated into English by the government.

QuickZ06
10-13-2011, 10:00 PM
I posted this up on another forum i'm on and I was told this....

Ron Paul supporter needs his meds.

Are people really that clueless?

Anti Federalist
10-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Are people really that clueless?

Yes, yes they are.

QuickZ06
10-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes, yes they are.

You would not believe how many people hate me on this other forum I am on. They think RP is a racists nazi. Hell one guy even went as far to say this.

I will vote for Obama before I would ever vote for Paul. Paul is nothing but a Nazi in sheeps clothing, and his followers are brain dead white supremist who for the moment will side with muslim terrorist till they can achieve what they want.

Anti Federalist
10-13-2011, 10:05 PM
You would not believe how many people hate me on this other forum I am on. They think RP is a racists nazi. Hell one guy even went as far to say this.

Umm, change forums.

That is just insane talk.

What forum is this?

Original_Intent
10-13-2011, 10:06 PM
I think we should strip the citizenship from any member of Congress that sponsors or co-sponsors this bill.

And then try them for treason.

QuickZ06
10-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Umm, change forums.

That is just insane talk.

What forum is this?

Its a car forum I am on. I kinda need it for information and what not and I help a lot of people out on it. But I just started going into the Political section and they are just a bunch of crazy Neocons. I had one guy tell me I am a POS for telling that him having 45 corvettes sitting in a garage was dumb and pointless. I have one car for fun and one for work, I just don't see why anyone would need more man than a few cars. Not saying he does not have that right just find it funny for a really well off guy it seems he really really likes Cain and his 999 plan and he especially likes Rick Santorum about his neocon american war machine ways. Guy is just a rich loon who is out for himself it seems.

Anti Federalist
10-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Its a car forum I am on. I kinda need it for information and what not and I help a lot of people out on it. But I just started going into the Political section and they are just a bunch of crazy Neocons. I had one guy tell me I am a POS for telling that him having 45 corvettes sitting in a garage was dumb and pointless. I have one car for fun and one for work, I just don't see why anyone would need more man than a few cars. Not saying he does not have that right just find it funny for a really well off guy it seems he really really likes Cain and his 999 plan and he especially likes Rick Santorum about his neocon american war machine ways. Guy is just a rich loon who is out for himself it seems.

When you love wealth more than liberty...