PDA

View Full Version : Who else is mormon?

xRedfoxx
10-13-2011, 02:28 PM
I came across a link and posted it on my blog. I was surprised by some on the list....and it might help explain some things as well.....

http://libertyandhope.blogspot.com/

johndeal
10-13-2011, 03:10 PM
I am. And so are all the people at Mormons for Ron Paul.

When it comes to politics most people are just sheep. If Mormons would read (and believe) what their church leaders have said about about freedom and the Constitution every one of them would vote for Ron Paul.

“The Constitution of the United States is a glorious standard; it is founded in the wisdom of God. It is a heavenly banner;” Joseph Smith.

"I have faith that the Constitution will be saved ... [i]t will be saved by the righteous citizens of this nation who love and cherish freedom. It will be saved by enlightened members of this Church—among others—men and women who understand and abide the principles of the Constitution." Ezra Taft Benson

Omphfullas Zamboni
10-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Me.

dannno
10-13-2011, 03:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Mormon

iamse7en
10-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Me. Faithful and worried about our corrupt nation and disrespect for the Constitution.

That's a terrible list by the way. Most of those are hardly Mormon. Their parents may have been, but most of them never really adopted the faith. Mormon isn't like ethnicity. It's a set of beliefs and a way of life.

Verrater
10-13-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry for the ignorance of your religion, are you guys/gals allowed to give sermons?
If so a Liberty lined one wouldn't hurt. :)

ItsTime
10-13-2011, 07:35 PM
I am a not practicing Mormon.

The One
10-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Who's comin' with me?!!!

Elwar
10-13-2011, 07:39 PM
I am not sure but I think that Jesus was a mormon...

The Goat
10-13-2011, 07:41 PM
I was, I'm non denominational now.

KEEF
10-13-2011, 07:42 PM
I came across a link and posted it on my blog. I was surprised by some on the list....and it might help explain some things as well.....

http://libertyandhope.blogspot.com/

Pretty cool, the guy from Cocoon and the Quaker Oats commercials is Mormon. I did not know that.:eek:

The One
10-13-2011, 07:43 PM

Hey you don't say that! (read in Will Ferrell's voice)

eduardo89
10-13-2011, 07:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIZdjT1472Y

He is.

johndeal
10-13-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry for the ignorance of your religion, are you guys/gals allowed to give sermons?
If so a Liberty lined one wouldn't hurt. :)

Yes but you have to be invited by the leader of the church in your local area. The church does not endorse any candidates and it is generally frowned upon to speak of politics on Sunday. I have in the past given sermons (talks in the Mormon vernacular) on the 4th of July or around Constitution Day when I have addressed the importance of the Constitution and choosing politicians who actually adhere to the Constitution.

I just park my car with my bumper sticker right in front of the door everyone uses to get in the chapel. I've had a lot of interesting conversations that way.

dannno
10-13-2011, 07:55 PM

Actually Jesus would have been the Prophet and Lord and Savior of the Church of Jesus Christ. Thus you have The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints (LDS). Mormon was a Prophet in the Americas where Jesus is said to have been prophesied to appear, and then appeared, and The Book of Mormon is named after that Prophet of the Church. Mormon(s) is actually a slang term based on the title of said book.

kojirodensetsu
10-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Jesus was most likely jewish.

dannno
10-13-2011, 08:01 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Mormon

One of the reasons.

http://www.sportscasualties.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/gratuitous_mormon_babe.jpg

dannno
10-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Jesus was most likely jewish.

That's certainly how he would have grown up.

Esoteric
10-13-2011, 08:02 PM
At first I thought the thread title said "moron". Then I realized that the answers would be the same.

eduardo89
10-13-2011, 08:05 PM
At first I thought the thread title said "moron". Then I realized that the answers would be the same.

burn?

dannno
10-13-2011, 08:06 PM

That's not very nice.

eduardo89
10-13-2011, 08:14 PM
That's not very nice.

not at all

musicmax
10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
"O.J. Simpson - not a Jew" - Adam Sandler

Carehn
10-13-2011, 08:38 PM
I live in southern Idaho. Every one I know is mormon. I always say to them " Oh, you must be a jehovah witness." It pisses them off. lol

Verrater
10-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Yes but you have to be invited by the leader of the church in your local area. The church does not endorse any candidates and it is generally frowned upon to speak of politics on Sunday. I have in the past given sermons (talks in the Mormon vernacular) on the 4th of July or around Constitution Day when I have addressed the importance of the Constitution and choosing politicians who actually adhere to the Constitution.

I just park my car with my bumper sticker right in front of the door everyone uses to get in the chapel. I've had a lot of interesting conversations that way.

Thank you for the reply. Very good information for those of us that don't know a whole lot and maybe inspiration for others.

QuickZ06
10-13-2011, 08:57 PM

I wish every person of faith had this though process.

Justinjj1
10-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Who else is Mormon?

Only about 14 million other idiots in the world. The majority of which in the U.S. blindly support Mitt Romney.

But I will say something nice. If I could force myself to believe in any of that nonsense, then I would take the endless celestial sex and ruling my own planet that Mormonism promises over the fire and brimstone bullshit that the Calvinists on here spout.

mconder
10-13-2011, 09:15 PM
I have been there and back again with my faith, even faith in a God, but I'm a "Mormon," properly known as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and don't think I'll ever be anything else. I'm currently a believing "Mormon."

mainstream economist
10-13-2011, 09:46 PM
The Mormons I have met in my life were very nice people. They are no different from you and me. I don't like their religion, but as long as they vote for the only man who would preserve the Constitution (and by extension the right to be a Mormon), I would consider them the most noble people in the world.