PDA

View Full Version : Calling Newt Gingrich to the Stage...

polygonwidow2001
10-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Been watching Fox News this morning. One guest commentator was saying he didn't think Cain could keep up his recent strong showings especially since his 9-9-9 plan was under scrutiny now. MSNBC killed his 9-9-9 plan. Next they mention how Gingrich is always so strong in the debates and is one to watch out for. Then again another semi-negative comment regarding Cain (first and 2nd I've heard on Fox in a couple of weeks!). Then Drudge has Newt on the front page since he got a HUGE 10% in a Rasmussen poll and is now in the mix. Looks like Cain's 15 minutes is just about over. Probably made a fortune in selling books due to the coincidental timing of his surge and book release!!! Time to focus on Gingrich since he's gonna be propped up next and sooner than expected. Lots of issues with Newt already out there. We need to start looking past the "front-runners" of the moment and see who's next. It's obviously gonna be Gingrich and I'm seeing a lot more Santorum lately who could be next up. Is the plan just to prop all of these guys up until it's too late for RP to have his moment? Gingrich should be the focus now instead of all of this forum talk about Cain.

Todd
10-13-2011, 10:28 AM
Gingrich was all over Hannity's show yesterday. He's the new surge.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-13-2011, 06:13 PM
I don't know. Today, Fox is showing the Rasmussen poll results, and they have Romney, Cain, skipping Newt, and showing Perry at 9%. Plus, Gingrich has so many negatives (just this campaign season), I don't see how they try to elevate him.

TexAg09
10-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Ole Frothy is on Freedom Watch right now. I see more and more people saying Rick is a dark-horse candidate now...

bluesc
10-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Ole Frothy is on Freedom Watch right now. I see more and more people saying Rick is a dark-horse candidate now...

Frothy was interviewed on Freedom Watch?

sailingaway
10-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Cain's going to crash and they need a new candidate to prop temporarily because once Ron goes up, he won't come down.

RDM
10-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Huntsman patiently standing in the wings awaiting his curtain call.

bunklocoempire
10-13-2011, 06:27 PM
The Newt surge makes sense. Newt = Mr. "the Muslims are out to getcha" and the supposed Iran 'trouble' happening recently -gee, what are the odds?:rolleyes:

At this point a lot of undecideds I know of are leaning only towards Cain or Paul, and their only beef with Paul is his foreign policy -it always has been.

It won't take but a week or two worth of intense Muslim fear pushin' to get the Newt rolling and underway.

Newt slings fear of Muslims like nobody's business.

At the end of the day when or if Newt gets on the ropes in comes the Romney push for the "best chance to win indies, foreign fear calming, and better than Obama" cowardly drivel.

Same as it ever was.

Bunkloco

TheTexan
10-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Dismantling the establishment, one candidate at a time.

The One
10-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Does anyone else find it a little hard sometimes to not be a little impressed by Newt? Flame on.

sailingaway
10-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Does anyone else find it a little hard sometimes to not be a little impressed by Newt? Flame on.

He comes off great, sometimes, just as long as you don't look up his record. That is why he hurts us.

bunklocoempire
10-13-2011, 06:53 PM
theczar1776 turned me onto this.

Tom Woods used the following, and I think it absolutely applies to Newt the globalist fear monger perfectly:

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/iranian-terror-plot-the-usual-fake/
"It was always the Left that was unsatisfied with the prosaic pursuit of bourgeois life and who wanted to embark on grand crusades. The conservatives scorned such things, cherishing hearth and home, and finite goals, instead."

Fighting 'extremism' and a 'tactic' is not a finite goal, but it certainly feeds the fear and fuels the pride.

Here is the fear monger in top form, we may want to get in shape for the foreign policy 'Newt style' arguments. Try and keep your chowder down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHUHDcbVV6A

Bunkloco

Captain Shays
10-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Watch for Newt to be 2012's McCain

SpicyTurkey
10-13-2011, 07:15 PM
I think the MSM is toying with us. They are probably distracting on us from their real target, Mitt Romney.

bluesc
10-13-2011, 07:17 PM
I think the MSM is toying with us. They are probably distracting on us from their real target, Mitt Romney.

Ding ding ding. No one wants to accept it.

MJU1983
10-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Certainly seems like it. With Mitt Romney in office, what changes policy-wise from Bush/Obama & Co?

seapilot
10-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Certainly seems like it. With Mitt Romney in office, what changes policy-wise from Bush/Obama & Co?

Nada. Meet the old boss same as the new boss. Ron can win on foreign policy by bringing it down to the simple fact the USA can not afford it even if it was popular which it is not among the general population. What was it that Obama preached to people that voted for him? Something about ending the wars, which he has started two more and now beating the drums for a conflict in Iran. Its all going to come down to the catch phrase "its the economy stupid".

RIPLEYMOM
10-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Start with Gingrch now! He is THE one they are positioning to win. I'm telling you! We need to head this off! Do not be distracted by the others!

musicmax
10-13-2011, 09:48 PM

If Ron had Newt's presence and confidence during debates he'd be polling at 85%. Romney always seems to be mentally checking himself to make sure he's saying the right thing; Perry's a swaggering buffoon; Santorum is Niedermeyer from Animal House; Cain over-articulates e ve ry syl la ble; Huntsman looks like a puppy begging for a treat; Bachmann's cadence emphasizes both her insincerity and that brittle nasal range of her voice. But Newt comes across as a straight-shooter with encyclopedic knowledge. The urologist moment was monumental.

Note how it took the audience a beat-and-a-half to react to Ron's "Alan Greenspan was a disaster" line because they're holding their collective breath waiting for him to go off on one of his epic rants. It's like they were stunned by his ability to finally distill his message into five words, and were applauding not only the content of the line but the simplicity with which Ron Paul had uttered it.

10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Perry has 15 million. He is going to help bring these candidates down when he begins to really spend it. But he wont touch us.

justinpagewood
10-13-2011, 10:01 PM
It'll be Jon Huntsman next.

Carole
10-13-2011, 10:06 PM

If only he were being honest instead of just saying some of the right things. Then again, it is what he does not say, perhaps, that is a problem as well. Then there is his baggage. :D

Carole
10-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Watch for Newt to be 2012's McCain

I've been trying NOT to think about that. :(

Carole
10-13-2011, 10:11 PM

^Exactly. :D

jkob
10-13-2011, 10:23 PM
They might try to prop up Newt but I def agree that the guy they really want is Romney and they're keeping the attention off him by propping these guys up

sparebulb
10-13-2011, 10:35 PM
I predict that if the handlers can't sell the sheeple on a single neocon, before long, they will try bundling them to make them more palatable. The possibilities are endless to find a formula the sheeple will embrace: Newt/Palin, Christie/Santorum, Mittens/Bachmann, Perry/Satan, etc...........

James Madison
10-13-2011, 11:14 PM
It'll be Jon Huntsman next.

Huntsman isn't a huge warhawk like the others. Doubt he'd appeal to most republicans. Plus, there's the whole 'Mormon' thing. A lot of evangelicals will not vote for him (NOT ALL, but most).

polygonwidow2001
11-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Self Bump. Called this back on October 13th, 2011. Time to focus on Newt. Too much Cain bs on this forum. He's done and time to focus on the next target which is Newt. Let it come down to Romney vs Paul.

****MODS Please move me to Opposing Candidates forum!****