PDA

View Full Version : Obama raises more than $70 million from 980,000 people in Q3

bobbyw24
10-13-2011, 05:35 AM
Think $8 M from 100,000 is a lot?

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's campaign raised more than $70 million combined for his re-election and the Democratic party during the summer, an amount that gives him a clear advantage over his Republican rivals but is less than his initial fundraising effort.

Obama campaign manager Jim Messina said in an e-mail to supporters that more than 600,000 people donated to the campaign in the most recent quarter, more than the previous three months. He said more than 980,000 people have given money to the campaign, and in the most recent quarter, 98 percent of the donors gave $250 or less, with an average donation of $56.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44886778/ns/today-today_news/t/obama-raises-more-million/#.TpbM4XKyCU8

Ireland4Liberty
10-13-2011, 05:50 AM
Jesus, has a setting president ever commanded this amount of cash for re-election?

qwerty
10-13-2011, 05:53 AM
How is he so popular ? :(

bobbyw24
10-13-2011, 05:56 AM
I know the polls say his support is down, blah, blah blah

But he will be a formidable opponent in 2012 if his base is motivated.

Elwar
10-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Considering he is dumping trillions into special interests...a few hundred million as kick backs is like pennies.

bluesc
10-13-2011, 06:02 AM
He is an incumbent President.

Honestly I was expecting more than that. Still looks like he will have that $1B war chest he was hoping for.

Original_Intent
10-13-2011, 06:22 AM
This probably includes his recent email that asked for a $5 donation in exchange for entry into a raffle to have dinner with the president. A good way to get a large number of donors for a small amount, making him look popular. Also a pretty dodgy strategy. since he is using his office for fundraising. (i.e. he is not just asking for a donation, he is raffling off "dinner with the President" for fundraising purposes.)

smithtg
10-13-2011, 06:25 AM

my thoughts exactly. remember though his "base" absolutely loves the government gravy train. They can sit at home, watch soap operas, eat mcdonalds and adore getting emails from him on their Ipad or Iphone. Most of them probably think the email was sent to them only too

bluesc
10-13-2011, 06:30 AM

The Republican field is split by many candidates. In the election polling, Ron may beat Obama, but most of those guys will be voting for a different Republican candidate. The ~40% that would vote for Obama only have Obama to support. There is no challenger. That is how he is getting so many donations.

acptulsa
10-13-2011, 06:32 AM
So much money is being spent on the campaigns that I doubt if either man... are worth what it will cost to elect them.

Well, Obama is well worth it--if you're Monsanto. Getting your stooge in as Secretary of Agriculture is an unprecedented coup d'etat for a corporation.

Even if Monsanto chipped in the whole of that seventy million, I have no doubt they're 'in the black' on this deal, considering how lucrative has been recent legislation from The Vilsack Administration.

libertybrewcity
10-13-2011, 08:11 AM
It was easy because he had so many $3 and $5 dollar days. Donating a small amount was the same as getting a ticket and you could win dinner with him.

Ronulus
10-13-2011, 08:15 AM
"poor people give me your money. I will pay you back 10 fold by taxing the rich and giving you welfare programs."

specsaregood
10-13-2011, 08:34 AM
This probably includes his recent email that asked for a $5 donation in exchange for entry into a raffle to have dinner with the president. A good way to get a large number of donors for a small amount, making him look popular. Also a pretty dodgy strategy. since he is using his office for fundraising. (i.e. he is not just asking for a donation, he is raffling off "dinner with the President" for fundraising purposes.)

Good point. That $5 donation deal sounds like a good way to get the "average" donation amount down, diluting the many high dollar-donors from wallstreet.

Bossobass
10-13-2011, 09:54 AM
2,750,000 Executive Branch Employees.

Bosso

nobody's_hero
10-13-2011, 10:06 AM
What's amazing to me is the number of people who voluntarily give donations to a man who insists on taking their money by force.

Revolution9
10-13-2011, 12:42 PM
He is an incumbent President.

Honestly I was expecting more than that. Still looks like he will have that $1B war chest he was hoping for.

Good...because when we landslide his sorry long legged mack daddy GQ male model ass he will look like the ultra-schmuck he truly is.

Re4v9

Revolution9
10-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Well, Obama is well worth it--if you're Monsanto. Getting your stooge in as Secretary of Agriculture is an unprecedented coup d'etat for a corporation.

Even if Monsanto chipped in the whole of that seventy million, I have no doubt they're 'in the black' on this deal, considering how lucrative has been recent legislation from The Vilsack Administration.

This is divine comedy. Vil-Sack. Sounds like a military designation for a sack of reprobate criminals.

Rev9

AuH20
10-13-2011, 12:49 PM

He galvanizes the have-nots against the white menace. :)

Tod
10-13-2011, 12:54 PM
What's amazing to me is the number of people who voluntarily give donations to a man who insists on taking their money by force.

A lot of the people voluntarily giving aren't getting money taken by force, they are RECEIVING money taken by force. :mad:

ronpaul12
10-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Em sure the CEO's of the solar industries helped a little.

John F Kennedy III
10-13-2011, 02:26 PM
I wonder how much of this is the raffle? How much of this is from friends and family of the companies on his no tax/low tax buddy list?

BlackTerrel
10-13-2011, 07:54 PM
I know the polls say his support is down, blah, blah blah

But he will be a formidable opponent in 2012 if his base is motivated.

There are many that don't like him but he still has a HUGE base of supporters. You should see the posts from my facebook friends.

As a comparison Obama has 23.5 million Facebook fans. Romney has 1.1 million. Ron Paul has 540 thousand, and Herman Cain has 270 thousand.

Yeah that's a lot of fans for Obama.

RonRules
10-13-2011, 07:59 PM
One word: "Unions".

That's why.

georgiaboy
10-13-2011, 08:05 PM
The Republican field is split by many candidates. In the election polling, Ron may beat Obama, but most of those guys will be voting for a different Republican candidate. The ~40% that would vote for Obama only have Obama to support. There is no challenger. That is how he is getting so many donations.

Yeah, if you add all the 3Q donations for the Republican field (rough guesstimates)
Romney - 15?
Perry - 17
Paul - 8
Others Combined, say 5,
That's $45M, plus whatever the RNC got, say $20M, for a grand GOP total of $65M

IIRC, Obama's number includes DNC donations as well as his campaign fund, so his $70M is actually pretty comparable to the GOP number.

I think.

HOLLYWOOD
10-13-2011, 09:02 PM
P. T. Barnum "There's a sucker born every minute"

Probably paid with WELFARE/Section 8/FOOD STAMP money