PDA

View Full Version : Phone BOMB The FED! Cain claims we can get an audit! 10/14/11

beardedlinen
10-12-2011, 11:04 PM
LOL. Just found this event on FB. Obviously won't change anything, but made me laugh. All you need is a phone and 30 secs:

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=243016499080141#!/event.php?eid=243016499080141

Them: "Complaints dept"
You: "Yes, I have a complaint... My dollar isn't worth too much anymore. I would like to file a complaint about this."
Them: "......"
You: "Yes, it seems like you have been creating too much money lately, and Herman Cain last night told me on TV that I could just call up the Federal Reserve and make requests."
Them: "......"
You: "He said I could call you guys up and ask for an audit. Can you put me through to an auditor? I would like to know how much money was created today and who it went to."
Them: "dial tone"

Tell them Herman sent ya...."

emr1028
10-12-2011, 11:13 PM
This is hilarious. 100% participating.

dolphin
10-12-2011, 11:15 PM
I like.

mstrmac1
10-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Lets do this !! But we must record it for youtube!

mstrmac1
10-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Post all over Facebook!

Oddone
10-12-2011, 11:18 PM
I am Attending!

PursuePeace
10-12-2011, 11:18 PM
love this.

beardedlinen
10-12-2011, 11:19 PM
I have no way to record calls (the other end, i guess speaker phone works)...so if someone has a particularly funny script and the know how when it comes to recording decent audio in this matter, go ahead.

I think someone will be making a youtube video with an audio collage of people asking for an audit over the phone 'cause Cain sent them. :p

dan5430
10-12-2011, 11:19 PM
great idea!

I mean Herman said we could it!!!

lucent
10-12-2011, 11:20 PM
That's hilarious.

mstrmac1
10-12-2011, 11:23 PM
they need to move the date back... so it can be planned better! Right?

AlexAmore
10-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Yeah move the date back and plan this fo sho.

Herman "999" Cain sent me...

Oddone
10-13-2011, 01:51 AM
How about we all call on Oct. 19th durring the Money Bomb?

beardedlinen
10-13-2011, 01:59 AM
Yeah move the date back and plan this fo sho.

It may be a little too late for that. 103 are attending and 1,100 are awaiting reply. :eek:

Maybe it was a mistake to post this on the forums...lol. I suppose if you guys want to you can always contact the FB event creator.

Birdlady
10-13-2011, 02:02 AM
I am doing this! lol

McDermit
10-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Haha, this should be fun.

BuffsForPaul
10-13-2011, 12:30 PM
deleted

Ronulus
10-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Nice pee wee refrence "Tell em large marge sent ya".

FluxCapacitor
10-13-2011, 12:53 PM
If you plan to record the call, I think you need to tell them you're recording it. (That might depend on which state you're in; I dunno.)

Maybe something like "Hi, my name is ____, and I'm calling to do an audit, so I'm recording this call."

Instead of recording it, you could just type out a transcript from memory after you hang up.

This is a pretty funny idea. And it might get some attention. But to be clear, Cain didn't actually say to call them to do an audit. He basically said that if you think there should be an audit, that's just because you're uninformed and you don't know enough about the Fed. (Hmm... ignorant, perhaps?). So he suggested calling and talking to one of their PR people so they can put a positive spin on what they're up to. So you'll feel better.

Also, I suggest being careful with the terminology. "Phone the Fed" is way catchier. Maybe it's the first step toward "End the Fed". 1) Phone the Fed. 2) Audit the Fed 3) End the Fed.

neverseen
10-13-2011, 02:46 PM
This is a repost from what I posted last night. One of our FL guys came up with the idea and I ran with it. I've been promoting it on here and facebook a bit. We can push the date back to whatever you guys think is best. It was for today then we pushed to tomorrow...

When would you like me to have it changed to? OCT 19th??

sailingaway
10-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Guys, we would be harassing some poor receptionist and making a bad name for ourselves. Whether we mention Ron or not, the thread is here, and that Cain thinks Ron Paul supporters are buggy about the Fed is pretty well known from his book comments on that.

I'm against this. It's not like it's Bernanke you'd be annoying, either, just some regular working stiff.

GetTech
10-13-2011, 02:59 PM
^ Good Point. But as Cain Said, there is no reason why people shouldn't ask questions of there PR Dept. or some sort of paper trail. Everyone needs to know the American People are sick of this and want to know WTF is really going on here. Some folks slam RP People because they comes out in numbers, and call it for what it is. You mess with RP or any of his supports you ultimately are dealing with the whole group. The grassroots elevated RP to this level because of what they have been doing on there own to promote him

neverseen
10-13-2011, 03:00 PM
They have a complaint dept. I have a complaint about how they handle themselves. By calling we are keeping a phone listener employeed, entertained, and busy.

Support an american job, call the fed.

TheTyke
10-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Gotta admit the concept is pretty funny, but for those who can make phone calls, the phone from home system would probably be more useful. :P

neverseen
10-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Do both. Do 25 calls on the phone from home then call the fed then do 25 more. Just because we have fun inbetween the serious stuff...

IndianaPolitico
10-13-2011, 03:04 PM
What I would love to see is someone walk up to Cain with a cell phone, and ask him to call up the Fed!

ronnilingus
10-13-2011, 03:06 PM
wheres the clip of cain saying we can call the fed and get answers?

neverseen
10-13-2011, 03:40 PM
BTW, FL crew also has a building in Clearwater with 30 cubes to call from on Weds and one in Orlando to call from. We also have events setup to block time for us for calling while in a chat room. :D :D :D

So we aren't just playing around wasting valueable time...

Steve-in-NY
10-13-2011, 03:53 PM
If you need to call someone, help the campaign folks.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?317029-Ron-Paul-Phone-from-Home-Program

I admit its funny, but we can get some serious leg work done and get Paul this nomination if we all chip in.

http://phone.ronpaul2012.com
http://volunteers.rp2012.org

Tarzan
10-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Guys, we would be harassing some poor receptionist and making a bad name for ourselves. Whether we mention Ron or not, the thread is here, and that Cain thinks Ron Paul supporters are buggy about the Fed is pretty well known from his book comments on that.

I'm against this. It's not like it's Bernanke you'd be annoying, either, just some regular working stiff.

"May I speak to Mr. Bernanke? Oh, there are several calls ahead of mine? Yes, I'll hold."

Bruno
10-13-2011, 04:06 PM
"May I speak to Mr. Bernanke? Oh, there are several thousand calls ahead of mine? Yes, I'll hold."

Fixed! :D

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Guys, we would be harassing some poor receptionist ....

I don't cotton to that jingoism any more. "Just doing my job" is no longer an excuse. Your job is in direct opposition to liberty. Suck it up or quit.

Didn't Paul say to have some fun?

libertygrl
10-13-2011, 04:18 PM
I have no way to record calls (the other end, i guess speaker phone works)...so if someone has a particularly funny script and the know how when it comes to recording decent audio in this matter, go ahead.

I think someone will be making a youtube video with an audio collage of people asking for an audit over the phone 'cause Cain sent them. :p

Oh man, this sounds hilarious. Like an SNL skit!

Chainspell
10-13-2011, 05:17 PM
someone get a phone with a speaker-phone and record the convo or if you have an iphone or android get an app! a compilation of this can get viral on youtube!

InTradePro
10-13-2011, 05:21 PM
This is hilarious. 100% participating.

Finally something from the grassroots that has a positive emotion about it. Amen.

Birdlady
10-13-2011, 05:22 PM
someone get a phone with a speaker-phone and record the convo or if you have an iphone or android get an app! a compilation of this can get viral on youtube!

This is exactly what I was thinking too.

dannno
10-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Good, maybe they will quit, or they won't get their regular job done.

I want the Fed to call Herman Cain and tell him to stop telling people to call them :D

neverseen
10-13-2011, 05:47 PM
I had the date/time updated to Oct 19th. You guys are welcome to spread at will! We are over 200 invites already!!! I'll keep pushing it hard (maybe not as hard as the BTO bomb lol)

Let me know if you guys would like to see it updated with anything else!

beardedlinen
10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
I had the date/time updated to Oct 19th. You guys are welcome to spread at will! We are over 200 invites already!!! I'll keep pushing it hard (maybe not as hard as the BTO bomb lol)

Let me know if you guys would like to see it updated with anything else!

We definitely should have some sort of intelligent yet funny script to play off of...possibly including the fact that "Cain sent me.". Someone on the FB event wrote this:

"guys ask for the documented procedural criteria that was set for appropriating bail out funds, specifically what collateral had to be put up and where there is information regarding the decision making process for that, they filed a complaint and said they'll get back to me because that information wasn't readily available...."

lol. Hey Sailing, can you update the thread's name to reflect the date change (10/19), I know you're not to keen on this, but others are. :p

Tod
10-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Has anyone called the Fed yet??? How did it go? What did you say? What did they say?