PDA

View Full Version : Received this message on my facebook...

TIMB0B
10-12-2011, 09:25 PM
im about to erase you as a friend due to you really caring about worthless shit day after day what happen to funny tim?

What to do? :(

I don't want to be that guy saying "I told ya so" because I want RP to win, but it almost seems like our country needs to collapse, and maybe then...then they will wake up and say, "Tim was right. Ron Paul was right. I wish I had listened." But it will be too late, then.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Heh. I'd erase him, to be honest. If he thinks the future of this country is worthless, then he is out to lunch.

trey4sports
10-12-2011, 09:30 PM
more bread and circus

McDermit
10-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Maybe you should start posting farmville updates and jersey shore one liners every day.

Michael Landon
History will prove you and Ron Paul right. At that point you will be able to say I told you so.

Let them go. Tell them: "I'm sorry to hear that you are about to delete me as a friend, but if you are so filled with haste towards me because of my posts then I'm probably better off without you as a friend. I wish you the best in your life. Take care."

Just my 2 cents.

- ML

freeforall
facebook drama :rolleyes:

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I'd tell him.

"That politics isn't 'worthless shit,' because as a member of this society you're directly impacted by any political decisions made. This is why it's important to know the truth regarding our Constitution, our Politicians, and Politics in general. Not taking it seriously can cause a lot of issues, just look at the country today. How many people do you think actually care about politics? Not that many, do you think it's possible that not caring about politics is why it got to this point to begin with?"

Oddone
10-12-2011, 09:35 PM
A real friend wouldn't say that to you. They may say they disagree, more likely say nothing at all.. But never say they would stop being your friend. Not over something like this...

Sentinelrv
10-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I've learned to stop caring what people think about me so much and to just live what I believe. I know it's hard sometimes, but I would suggest that you at least make an attempt to explain to him that this is something that's very important to you and if he still doesn't care.......well, there's not much you can do about that. If people don't want to accept you for you, just let it go and move on.

TIMB0B
10-12-2011, 09:38 PM
facebook drama :rolleyes:What's strange is it's only the obamabots that comment on my page. I guess politics are worthless to them now because obama is a miserable failure.

specsaregood
10-12-2011, 09:38 PM
yeah, just ignore the message and carry-on. don't reply.

Tod
10-12-2011, 09:40 PM
If it is any consolation, I expect many of my FB friends are weary of hearing RP news. Recently one unfriended me, but I can't figure out who it was. :D

TIMB0B
10-12-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm thinking of telling him a 'knock knock' joke.

tfurrh
10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Say:

Dude, you can unsubscribe without unfriending.
Your friend (maybe) with love,
Fun YET concerned Tim

sarahdeez
10-12-2011, 09:47 PM
You could say you are just trying to make the world a better place. I understand how you feel and am glad you posted it here instead of on FB. Sometimes it's good to vent. I feel that everyone can relate to RP on some topic but not everyone is willing to admit that. Hardly anyone wants more government control or less freedom... but these are complex ideals that take time to understand. Teach by example and in practial situations. One by one we will educate a critical mass... which is actually less that one might think.

Hang in there. The fight for freedom is long and hard.

Ronulus
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
can't you put him into a different group so that he doesn't see your updates?

Carehn
10-12-2011, 09:51 PM
ya Tim! just take a Soma and stop thinking so hard you ass!

jeremiahj13
10-12-2011, 09:51 PM
I say screw him, he's sounds too artificial "if you're not going to make me laugh, I don't want to be your friend."

Worthless shit, go to China and enjoy your freedoms... just pisses me off. I regret joining the army, risk my life, and fighting for a county of losers like him who could give 2 rats about me, but only cares about partying. :mad:

TIMB0B
10-12-2011, 09:54 PM
can't you put him into a different group so that he doesn't see your updates?I don't know. I don't screw around with facebook enough to know anymore than just how to post RP updates. I don't think I'll keep my account up after the election either.

anewvoice
10-12-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way but I respect your right to make that decision without interference. Hopefully you will not experience blowback as a consequence of your actions.

:)

Edu
10-12-2011, 10:09 PM
He wants funny? Send him this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?322620-Night-of-the-Living-Fed-II-Starring-Cain-Bernanke-and-Greenspan

S.Shorland
10-12-2011, 10:11 PM
put him on the campaign mailing list

RIPLEYMOM
10-12-2011, 10:18 PM
We are your friends, Tim! Screw that guy! I have absolutely lost that mechanism in my brain that cares! Here's what I do: It's called the sandwich method, courtesy of my husband. I use this in every aspect of my life. On Facebook, I do this: Share Ron Paul, Share something stupid, Share Ron Paul, Share something stupid, Share Ron Paul, Share something stupid!!!

libertybrewcity
10-12-2011, 10:41 PM
First be like:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/cool%20story%20bro/grand/dawson-in-da%20club.gif

Then, be like:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/clap%20clap%20clap/grand/applause_gif.gif

Then, be like:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/fights/grand/slap.gif

Then, come at him like:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/haters%20gonna%20hate/grand/haters.gif

Then, laugh and shit:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/857421.gif

Then, munch some popcorn:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/pop%20corn/grand/Popcorn_nommer_gif.gif

Then, BE LIKE YO!:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/stfu/grand/52859048-stfu-.gif

...ANNNDD...:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/fuk%20you/grand/i_dont_give_a_fcuk_what_you_thing_gif.gif

AND TOP IT OFF WITH A!!!:

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/not%20a%20single%20fuk%20was%20given/grand/and_not_a_single_fuk_was_given_gif.gif

ANd then I think you've got a winner

zerosdontcount
10-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Quit spamming your friends, talk to them about Paul's ideas but don't make them annoyed with Paul or your behavior.. there is a middle ground between the two

PaulConventionWV
10-12-2011, 10:44 PM

I don't want to be that guy saying "I told ya so" because I want RP to win, but it almost seems like our country needs to collapse, and maybe then...then they will wake up and say, "Tim was right. Ron Paul was right. I wish I had listened." But it will be too late, then.

You have to have friends who will respect you for speaking your mind. That's one of my defining features, and everyone I know knows it. They love me for it, they hate me for it, but they're still my friends.

Some of my friends see it as a positive that I can tell people what I believe without giving a shit about the repercussions, social or otherwise.

PaulConventionWV
10-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Say:

Dude, you can unsubscribe without unfriending.
Your friend (maybe) with love,
Fun YET concerned Tim

Nah, he should tell him to go f*** himself.

Edit: kidding...

bb_dg
10-12-2011, 10:53 PM
I actually just block some of my friends who are very antagonistic about anything RP whenever I post something RP related.

eleganz
10-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Let me guess, he isn't that type of friend who you can trust to come jump your car in the middle of the night?

You have more tolerance than I do, I would've said he can do as he pleases, I don't need any fake friends anyways.

TIMB0B
10-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Quit spamming your friends, talk to them about Paul's ideas but don't make them annoyed with Paul or your behavior.. there is a middle ground between the two

Is there a way to post on my wall without everyone seeing it?

TIMB0B
10-12-2011, 10:55 PM
I actually just block some of my friends who are very antagonistic about anything RP whenever I post something RP related.How?

speciallyblend
10-12-2011, 10:56 PM
History will prove you and Ron Paul right. At that point you will be able to say I told you so.

Let them go. Tell them: "I'm sorry to hear that you are about to delete me as a friend, but if you are so filled with haste towards me because of my posts then I'm probably better off without you as a friend. I wish you the best in your life. Take care."

Just my 2 cents.

- ML

nice answer

JoshS
10-12-2011, 10:58 PM
there's a time to be funny and a time not to be.

facing 15 trillion in debt with an election coming up that could either save or break the country, jokes can be put on halt for a bit.

eleganz
10-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Seriously, just send him some stupid crap on youtube every once in a while to appease his immature self. Stupid monkeys...I swear...they need so much stimulation or they can't survive, learning hurts their brains...

CaptainAmerica
10-12-2011, 11:05 PM
tell that person to F themselves and get over them.

GetTech
10-12-2011, 11:05 PM
ignore the message completely and carry on. If he deletes you so be it buddy. Lots of people to be friends with in this world.

Matthew Zak
10-12-2011, 11:07 PM

Tell him if your concerns are worthless to him that he should erase you. Also tell him that he deserves the shithole country he will inherit.

Matthew Zak
10-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Also, get on google+. Easier to separate who you're spamming. The more people on there the better.

johndeal
10-13-2011, 12:19 AM
I post one Ron Paul related item for every three other posts. It keeps the masses interested.

Okie RP fan
10-13-2011, 12:32 AM
If he's a close friend, you may want to ignore or shoot back saying something like "I am sorry you feel that way. But complacent thinking has helped get us into this mess, and it not only affects me, but you and your family also."

That's my basic response to people who look at me like I'm crazy or who don't want to hear "old white man talk" (politics). I think a lot of us on here have grown to ignore people like this and move on. Tell them the basics and let them carry what they will, we did our job, it's up to them to do something with the information.

Sorry people are running into nonsense like this.

ONUV
10-13-2011, 12:38 AM
if somebody has hit a breaking point, then i think it's time to stop what is breaking them. trying to persuade people who aren't willing to be persuaded is a waste of time and becomes annoying.

dusman
10-13-2011, 12:45 AM
TIMBOB, whenever I get these kinds of messages.. I just go to the king of funny. Who better than Mr. George Carlin..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI

Post a message on Facebook directed specifically at him, with this video. :D

Then maybe say.. "Except Ron Paul, of course"

Maximus
10-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Mix in something everyone can love once in awhile

Xenophage
10-13-2011, 01:00 AM
The correct response is "Let me save you the trouble" and delete his ass first.

Eric21ND
10-13-2011, 05:15 AM

Sorry so say, but that guy sounds like a dick. "Tim entertain me! Be funny, don't talk about real issues." Yeah F.U. Pay me and I'll entertain you.

InTradePro
10-13-2011, 06:08 AM

Agree with your facebook friend. It's the first step in getting a vote. He or she is doing us all a big favor as are you by posting about the problem.

Tell your friend that you are really concerned about America as you are aware that freedom, opportunity and prosperity is rapidly disappearing. Then ask your friend an open question like what they would do if they knew that? Ask them what they would post or not post on facebook, get them involved and listen to what they say.

iamse7en
10-13-2011, 08:12 AM
No, really though, what happened to funny Tim?

What happened to funny me?

It's true ignorance is bliss. Knowing what I know now does not make life easier, though it does make it easier to prepare for bad times to come.

kazmlsj
10-13-2011, 08:17 AM
I would say - Go ahead and erase me because I am not about to give up the fight, but first read this - a worthy cause is never a waste of effort:

Top 10 Historic Victories Against All Odds (http://thelistcafe.com/top-10-historic-victories-against-all-odds)

Your 'friend' needs to get a life outside of the foolish-fake-fantasy facebook world - if my 15 year old son could figure that out, I am sure your 'friend' can...well, maybe not...having fun is more important.

KingNothing
10-13-2011, 08:20 AM
Why don't you make sure that Funny Tim doesn't die? Be funny, be pleasant, and post some political shit every now and then too.

Johnny Appleseed
10-13-2011, 08:42 AM
its dumbass americans like him that are whats wrong with this country...over stimulated over indulged self gratifying apathetic media driven zombies...I know because I use to be one.

Michael Landon
10-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Is there a way to post on my wall without everyone seeing it?

I think zerosdontcount thought you were posting the RP items on your friend's walls. I'm assuming you were putting the Paul stuff on your wall, right?

- ML

Danke
10-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Kidnap him and make him watch RP youtubes all day long.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1326450673533&id=4174d53a9c10e1f1c9a68eb2711cc341

Johncjackson
10-13-2011, 08:16 PM
How you communicate matters. I try not to alienate people or beat them over the head with political ads or things I think REASONABLE people might consider "worthless." When I do facebook, I try to stick to issues/news stories that I think any normal human being would relate to or be outraged about. That's just how I choose to communicate. I post a lot of police brutality and death penalty type stuff. I get a lot of good responses. One of my relatives is a cop. I got into it some with him and his wife on some things, but more often than not I have him softening his defenses and admitting that he agrees a lot with my small govt philosophy.

I'm not sure what the "worthless" stuff is or how the approach is- so i can't really comment if it's worth caring about that "friend" or not. I just know when I stick to the issues and easy stuff to relate to, I am very assertive and opinionated but don't lose any friends. I'm not posting constant candidate political ads or conspiracy stuff or coming off like a cult worshiper, though. There's enough outrageous stuff in the "mainstream" that can be connected to the preferred political course to have to worry about even touching stuff that's going to run people off.

TIMB0B
10-13-2011, 08:27 PM
I think zerosdontcount thought you were posting the RP items on your friend's walls. I'm assuming you were putting the Paul stuff on your wall, right?

- ML
Yes, I only post these on my wall for anyone who is interested. I don't push anything on anybody.

And regarding my "funny" side. I've never changed. I use facebook, though, as a way to share knowledge of RP and liberty and that's it. I don't share every damn thing about my personal life with people I don't hang out with anymore, because I don't think people need or want to know that I ate at taco bell and took a huge shit afterwards. And let's be honest here. How many libertarians do you know that aren't fun to hang out with anyway? My "friend" is just out of his element. He probably thinks I'm trashing his messiah obama when I post RP stuff.