PDA

View Full Version : It's time for Gingrich to go!

limequat
10-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Wow, didn't see this coming, but looking at the RCP trends it's now clear: Gingrich is talking from RP...
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

Look at the trend lines starting in mid september. Gingrich up, RP down. RP up, gingrich down.

How long is this guy gonna stick around, anyway? I heard his campaign was DOA months ago.

VictorB
10-12-2011, 09:20 PM
He'll stick around until he's sold enough books to offset the cost of his "campaigning". he has no staff, and no organization in the early states. He doesn't expect to himself to place anywhere. He just likes to hear himself talk in the debates, and shoot off one-liners that get applause.

gaetano
10-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Wow, didn't see this coming, but looking at the RCP trends it's now clear: Gingrich is talking from RP...
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

Look at the trend lines starting in mid september. Gingrich up, RP down. RP up, gingrich down.

How long is this guy gonna stick around, anyway? I heard his campaign was DOA months ago.

Gingrich's role is to precisely to weaken Ron. -

RIPLEYMOM
10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm sure when the Founders were in their prime, there were Gingriches. Should we embrace the Gingrich? He is espousing Ron Paul values for a reason, he is chatting with Ron Paul on camera for a reason. I'm not too upset about his recognition of Ron's ideas. He may be able to validate and link Ron with the status quo electorate. Could it be he knows something? -that he replicates Ron?

mit26chell
10-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I actually consider Gingrich's role in this campaign as being very beneficial to Ron, and to our movement. If Gingrich weren't in the race, there would be no other candidates calling out Ron by name, and publicly stating how he has been right on the Fed, has been working on it for 30 years, etc. Additionally, if Gingrich is echoing Paul's positions in debates, while at the same time publicly saying on Greta's FNC show immediately following the debates that Paul has been championing this cause (the one Gingrich had just parroted in the debate) his entire career, etc, then it makes Ron that must less 'fringe,' as per mainstream GOP voters.

10-12-2011, 09:52 PM
He's in it for a cabinet post or VP and to sell books. He's not hurting Ron.

Cleaner44
10-12-2011, 09:54 PM
As long as Gingrich helps move the discussion against the Fed he is ok. He seems more interested in promoting the party over Obama than actually running for President.

acptulsa
10-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Gingrich's career was so dirty that anything he says nice about Paul is almost like an endorsement from Charlie Manson. That said, he's a who cares?

We need to pop Cain's bubble and make sure he washes completely away. Then we need to focus on Romney. Our biggest plus there is that Ron Paul is the only 'anybody but Romney' who polls well against Obama (not that the media will say this). Gingrich will take care of himself.

No Free Beer
10-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Gingrich should drop out and put his support behind Ron.

limequat
10-13-2011, 07:13 AM
I believe that after Cain's bubble pops, the establishment will pump Gingrich. Remember 2007. McCain was dead...then he wasn't. I'm concerned.

chris41336
10-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Worry about Cain first. His support is too much like Ron's type of support to ignore.

Working Poor
10-13-2011, 07:20 AM

Maybe he would if he thought he would get a good position. He is a stinker though but, they don't call him speaker for nothing.

FrankRep
10-13-2011, 07:20 AM
Are you joking?

limequat
10-13-2011, 07:21 AM
Worry about Cain first. His support is too much like Ron's type of support to ignore.

Paper tiger, just like perry.

Elwar
10-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Well, the next bubble has to be either Newt or Santorum...Huntsman will fall away in the next few debates.

The key is...who is bubbling during the first primaries.

Hopefully it is toward the end of Newt's bubble and the start of Santorum's...

Then they can split Romney's votes and have 3 split first place winners while Ron Paul takes 2nd over and over and over. Getting the delegates necessary to win.

chris41336
10-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Paper tiger, just like perry.

I thought so for a while, but Perry's support wasn't behind him like Cain's support is. I have been arguing with Cain supporters for a few days and they are almost as vehement as we are, citing his "not being a politician" and other nonsensical reasons as to why he is the best. This guy isn't like Perry in the sense that I feel like he can build a base and keep it just by talking smooth. We have to deal with that before it happens.

iamse7en
10-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Mark this prediction: Gingrich will be the nominee.

fatjohn
10-13-2011, 08:10 AM
I believe that after Cain's bubble pops, the establishment will pump Gingrich. Remember 2007. McCain was dead...then he wasn't. I'm concerned.

This. Gingrich is being widely underestimated on these boards. He's an excellent debater and he has held the highest political office of all the candidates. The only thing I hear is that his campaign is dead. But you just need like 500 interviews on sundayshows by the MSM and the money and support rolls right in.
If not Ron, I bet Newt wins this thing.

low preference guy
11-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Mark this prediction: Gingrich will be the nominee.

bwahahahaha

CableNewsJunkie
11-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Please see this thread for my analysis of what Gingrich MIGHT do if he became the nominee.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?331141-Are-the-establishment-GOP-candidates-preparing-to-choose-a-Democrat-for-their-VP-slot

InTradePro
11-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Gingrich is being heavily promoted by the establishment at the moment.

ZanZibar
11-18-2011, 12:09 PM
We dont want Gingrich to go away too soon. The #2 slot has the target on their back. We don't want to be there quite yet.