PDA

View Full Version : Police Leave Warnings Inside Unlocked Cars On North Shore

phill4paul
10-12-2011, 08:48 PM
It is said that locks are only placed to keep honest men honest....

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/10/11/police-leave-warnings-inside-unlocked-cars-on-north-shore/

Keith and stuff
10-12-2011, 10:06 PM
That's smart. So a criminal just has to look for a green card placed on a car.

Kylie
10-12-2011, 10:12 PM
“It’s a little creepy, but I think that it has best intentions,” said one resident.

The road to hell is paved with shit like this, you dingbat.

pcosmar
10-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I seldom lock a car. just don't leave valuables in it, or not in sight.

In my profession I have replaced several convertible tops. NEVER lock a car with a rag top.
You are inviting a several thousand dollar replacement. Leave the doors open and save your top.

Take your keys with you, lock valuables in the trunk,, out of sight.

Do you have any idea how long it would take to open your door if it's locked?

http://gaussmarkov.net/images/snaponpunch.JPG

seconds.

Sentient Void
10-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Motherfvckers!

I live in the North Shore.

If I see any cops near my car - there'll be fucking hell to pay. Take note of all of my bumperstickers, you 'just enforcing the law' douchebags.

donnay
10-12-2011, 10:32 PM
The arrogance of this is appalling! It also conditions people, that police can do these sort of things--because they care about you and they are trying to make you feel safe! Pfffffffffft

speciallyblend
10-12-2011, 10:45 PM
The arrogance of this is appalling! It also conditions people, that police can do these sort of things--because they care about you and they are trying to make you feel safe! Pfffffffffft

have some type of electronic paintball gun rigged to car so if someone opens the unlocked door without deactivating it. It shoots them with multiple paintballs,make sure it aims low;) now that would be funny to see a thief or cop get hit with paintballs for breaking and entering!! you tube it, make a thief or cop think twice before illegally entering someones car!!

Philhelm
10-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Motherfvckers!

If I see any cops near my car - there'll be fucking hell to pay. Take note of all of my bumperstickers, you 'just enforcing the law' douchebags.

Pray tell, what do your bumperstickers say?

Sentient Void
10-13-2011, 01:26 PM

Ron Paul
Hope for America (from 2008 campaign)

I think, therefore I am,
LIBERTARIAN

DONT STEAL
The Government Hates Competition

I'll Fight to Protect your Liberty
Even as you Vote to take it away

Keith and stuff
10-13-2011, 01:28 PM

Oh come on buddy. Move on up to New Hampshire :)

ItsTime
10-13-2011, 01:29 PM
So they enter your car without a warrant? lmao.

Kylie
10-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Isn't that trespassing?

Danke
10-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Isn't that trespassing?

Not if you surrender title to the state with registering it. As evidenced by license plates and tags.

phill4paul
10-13-2011, 01:50 PM
I seldom lock a car. just don't leave valuables in it, or not in sight.

In my profession I have replaced several convertible tops. NEVER lock a car with a rag top.
You are inviting a several thousand dollar replacement. Leave the doors open and save your top.

Take your keys with you, lock valuables in the trunk,, out of sight.

Do you have any idea how long it would take to open your door if it's locked?

http://gaussmarkov.net/images/snaponpunch.JPG

seconds.

Yeah, this. I got out of the habit of locking my doors when I went to school in Atlanta in the early '90s. The only place a could find cheap enough was in the projects. I replaced three side windows with plexiglass before just calling it quits. Rarely lock it to this day.

fisharmor
10-13-2011, 01:55 PM
It is said that locks are only placed to keep honest men honest....

Well, the version I have heard is "locks only keep the honest men out" - and the article doesn't contradict that version.

Carole
10-13-2011, 01:56 PM

Perhaps this is in preparation for fining a person who leaves his vehicle unlocked. :D

They are really desparate for money after all.

Krugerrand

Sounds like a good off-topic thread of its own!

donnay
How long will it take before the cops starting going up to people's houses and trying the doors?

Krugerrand
10-13-2011, 01:58 PM
So they enter your car without a warrant? lmao.

OF course, if they just HAPPEN to find something illegal in there ....
... and of course, it isn't common practice anywhere for police to completely 'setup' somebody to meet their quotas:

Former Detective: We Fabricated Drug Charges to Meet Arrest Quotas
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?322712-Former-Detective-We-Fabricated-Drug-Charges-to-Meet-Arrest-Quotas

donnay
10-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Perhaps this is in preparation for fining a person who leaves his vehicle unlocked. :D

They are really desparate for money after all.

They are definitely always look for ways to generate revenue, there is no doubt! :mad:

Danke
10-13-2011, 01:59 PM
How long will it take before the cops starting going up to people's houses and trying the doors?

Reminds me of this story: Controversial lock box ordinance on Cedar Falls City Council agenda

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/article_3e49766a-513c-58e8-b1e6-0b43a003f6f9.html#ixzz1ah4vrtOu

Revolution9
10-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah, this. I got out of the habit of locking my doors when I went to school in Atlanta in the early '90s. The only place a could find cheap enough was in the projects. I replaced three side windows with plexiglass before just calling it quits. Rarely lock it to this day.

Same with my van I had for 4 years. After getting the windows knocked out at Masquerades twice to get in and steal nothing I just left the damned thing open. Never had shit stolen after that. Where I live now I haven't even bothered to retrieve my house keys from the digital lockbox. I know the code...if I ever need them..heh.. Fuck Atlanta. I can get there in 90 minutes on the same amount of gas it used to take to get across town at rush hour...another 90 minute trip.

Rev9

Sentient Void
10-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh come on buddy. Move on up to New Hampshire :)

Oh, don' you worry. My gf and I who live together (and will be getting married on a few years probably) are all signed up for the FSP for NH, and we have a plan that involves moving just over the border (Nashua, Manchester, Salem, one of those places) and I will definitely be getting involved in State politics.

AZKing
10-14-2011, 10:04 PM
“Any car doors they found unlocked they opened up and locked themselves for the owner. They admit they did get some angry calls from drivers — who left their keys inside their unlocked cars.”

In other words, these cops aren't very bright.

donnay
10-14-2011, 10:36 PM
In other words, these cops aren't very bright.

That's the intended goal...hire cops with IQ's lower than 100.

Keith and stuff
10-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Oh, don' you worry. My gf and I who live together (and will be getting married on a few years probably) are all signed up for the FSP for NH, and we have a plan that involves moving just over the border (Nashua, Manchester, Salem, one of those places) and I will definitely be getting involved in State politics.

Manchester is the least expensive of those places. Derry is also less expensive than Salem or Nashua. Derry is just north of Salem, as you know. Of those places, Salem and Derry lean the most GOP. All of the smaller towns near those towns lean GOP.

I highly recommend state politics in NH, especially if you live in Manchester because it is less than 30 minutes from anywhere in Concord. I recommend the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance above everything else,
http://nhliberty.org/
https://www.facebook.com/NHLiberty
http://twitter.com/#!/nhliberty