PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I doubt we've made progress...

angelatc
10-12-2011, 07:39 PM
I see our numbers still in the low double digits, and shallow but sparkly candidates zooming to the top when they unveil a cute catch phrase, and I wonder.

Then I see things like the comments in this article: hxxp://michellemalkin.com/2011/10/11/quick-and-dirty-debate-after-report-perry-is-running-out-of-gas/comment-page-1/#comment-1253960 (http://michellemalkin.com/2011/10/11/quick-and-dirty-debate-after-report-perry-is-running-out-of-gas/comment-page-1/#comment-1253960)

4 years ago....no way, no how. (And those of you who were prescient enough to sign up during her open registration, feel free to post, if only to gently outnumber the haters.)

LauraB
10-12-2011, 08:41 PM
you HAVE made progress. In 08 I had no idea who Ron Paul was, nor did my husband, now we are diehard supporters. we convinced his brother, his mother, my sister, my best friend, etc to vote for Paul......support has grown tremendously. yeah the numbers aren't what we want right now, but they are enough to keep Paul in the top tier. we don't need a majority right now, just a tireless, dedicated, noisy and irate minority. the followers will do their job and follow when the time comes, until then, play your role and continue to lead.

amy31416
10-12-2011, 08:46 PM
you HAVE made progress. In 08 I had no idea who Ron Paul was, nor did my husband, now we are diehard supporters. we convinced his brother, his mother, my sister, my best friend, etc to vote for Paul......support has grown tremendously. yeah the numbers aren't what we want right now, but they are enough to keep Paul in the top tier. we don't need a majority right now, just a tireless, dedicated, noisy and irate minority. the followers will do their job and follow when the time comes, until then, play your role and continue to lead.

Plus rep to the both of ya.

Welcome Laura. :)

specsaregood
10-12-2011, 09:07 PM
wow, a surprisingly high # of begrudging supportive comments. thx for pointing it out.

just a few more

On October 12th, 2011 at 2:44 am, sonerai32645 said:
ErikTheRed, I have changed my mind and agree with you. No more Cain because of TARP and now Paul all the way

On October 12th, 2011 at 5:00 am, love2rumba said:
Given what is up there for us to pick from, since no attempt has been made over the last 3 years to form a serious, independent and constitutionalsit (conservative) party, the only logical choice is Ron Paul at this point. At least I know where he stands and he doesn’t flip-flop unlike the rest of the GOP crowd; his perceived foreign policy negatives, a lot of which are at least sound over the long-term (as opposed to the short-term), can be worked around.
I can say I at least trust him, which is something I cannot say about the rest of the GOP pack, including the on again/off again Palin.

Cain just reached strike three for me. Newt as running mate? Tarp? And Mr. Andrea Mitchell for Federal Reserve? Forget it, Cain, no way no how. Sounds like the alleged kooks might be right about him.

The Paulbots sound smarter every day…
I hope people start to realize he’s a just a better choice than any of the other losers.

Go ahead and fret that he’s not a war hawk, look what the Communist Terrorists have done to this country in three years. If this country was functioning as inteneded, the Islamic Terrorists would not be such threat anyways, informed and armed citizens would root them out and return them to their respective crapistans. No more asylum, no more visas, no more open boarders, no more social engineering in the name of diversity. Let them build their own free nations, or not.

On October 12th, 2011 at 10:19 am, tone said:
The choice is pretty clear, if these are our choices. The frontrunners will all sell the country out. Ron Paul will not sell us out. Are you really gonna let a bunch of trowback muslims scare you into voting for another Bush or worse? We can’t afford it America.

AGRP
10-12-2011, 09:16 PM
What is that saying about only needing 10% to change history regardless of polls or elections? Id say we're there.

noneedtoaggress
10-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah it's about adoption of ideas:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110725190044.htm

acptulsa
10-13-2011, 07:05 AM
We've got most of the Republican field parroting our ideals. That's half the battle or more. Now all we have to do (he says as though it's easy) is convince people who means it and who doesn't.

Oh, we've made progress, all right. We're not home free, but we're in this race.

Romulus
10-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Don't anyone let that propaganda work on you! They censor, promote and manufacture comments.

Chin up is right.

Just waving signs for an hour tells me a LOT.

acptulsa
10-13-2011, 07:18 AM
They censor, promote and manufacture comments.

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've completely refuted a 'Ron Paul is a theocrat' comment on HuffPo, only to have my post disappear in the virtual ether never to be seen again...

Don Lapre
10-13-2011, 07:31 AM
There is progress, but ultimately, anyone who can't recognize that western civilization is nearing a very violent crescendo hasn't cracked many history books.

Liberty was hijacked a LONG time ago - and those who own America are not going to give it back without, well... war.

I always get a kick out the Ronald Reagan worshipping neocons who thump their chest and proclaim that "Reagan won the cold war."

Well one quick look at who now calls the shots from our oval office - and at our federal government, and the Reaganite gibbering produces the ultimate facepalm moment.

Getting rid of the dept. of education would be a nice kick in the 'nads to the commies who have taken us over, but even that move would be very very far from a death blow.

Naah, this thing will ultimately come down to a bloody "civil" war.

PatriotOne
10-13-2011, 07:39 AM
wow, a surprisingly high # of begrudging supportive comments. thx for pointing it out.

just a few more

I especially like this comment:

He is the only man up there who wtood on the floor of the House and told us that we were going to be attacked on American soil before it happened. He is the only man up there that told us that the housing bubble was going to pop. During the last debates, the other candidates literally laughed out loud when he insisted the economy was getting ready to tank. As far as I can tell, he’s never been wrong. I think AMerica is ready for a philosopher king, because these warrior kings are bankrupting us, both financially and morally.