PDA

View Full Version : Paul's 'hands off' policy best for Israel?-Israeli party supporting Paul

phesoge
10-12-2011, 06:29 PM
hxxp://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=1455588

I broke the link because the spokesman claims Paul hates ISrael, but he says Paul would be the best US president for Israel.

DinahWest
10-12-2011, 06:45 PM
I'd like to know exactly what RP has said that is "Anti-Semitic"? I hate when people throwout such statements with nothing to show in way of specific instances that supposedly have taken place.

The narrative they spin is RP not being against taking action to stop Iran from having a nuclear weapon as him being Anti-Israel when he is not. He has quite clearly explained basically that it means nothing because Iran would be committing suicide in attacking Israel whom has nearly 30 nuclear weapons and could wipe Iran out!

Also, being against foreign aide. RP spoke that the US gives more foreign aide to Israel's enemies that Israel. Furthermore, no aide means the US cannot tell Israel what to do and hold sanctions in threats to pull back
aide if Israel doesn't listen to the US, as with Obama's absurdity of pre-67' borders.

RP would be the best for Israel because he would let Israel be to do as Israel saw fit in protecting themselves and or engaging in retaliatory actions or threats like the Gaza floatilla which was aimed at getting Israel to respond and the medias to paint a picture of Israel finishing something they didn't start.

slamhead
10-12-2011, 06:47 PM
I don't know what the spokesman Rob Muchnick is speaking of when he says "Ron Paul, who has definitely said some anti-Semitic things in the past...." or stating that Ron Paul hates Israel. We should craft a nice letter from the forums thanking him for his endorsement and pointing out that RP is not anti-Semitic.

growburn13
10-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Spokesman comments on article:

Hey Folks,

Thanks for commenting.

First, to Jean Brooks: My group absolutely supports the ending of all foreign aid to Israel. We do not wish Israel to be dependent on the US. It's bad for Israel and it's actually bad for America. We want a friend, not a provider.

Also, about Ron Paul: On 1/3/09 - the day Israel invaded Gaza - Mr. Paul made a video in which he said that Israel has started a "pre-emptive war" against the Arabs in Gaza. I'm not sure how he considered it to be pre-emptive considering that the Arabs had shot over 10,000 rockets and mortars into Israel over the preceding 8 years before Israel responded militarily. Prior to the invasion, the only response Israel had done was to evict 10,000 Jews from their homes in 2005, which was a desecration of G-d's name and an utter disaster from all viewpoints for Israel.

Additionally, in the same video Mr Paul said that "Israel has put the palestinians into a virtual concentration camp in Gaza." When one uses language like this the purpose is to make Israel into Nazis. And Nazis are the only ones that deserve to be annihilated. This is why enemies of Israel use this phraseology.

Nevertheless, I still view Mr Paul as the best for Israel if he will end all foreign aid, and keep America out of Israel's business.

I also view his domstic policies as the best for America but that's another story.

thanks,

Rob
www.jewishisrael.org

brushfire
10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Spokesman comments on article:

Hey Folks,

Thanks for commenting.

First, to Jean Brooks: My group absolutely supports the ending of all foreign aid to Israel. We do not wish Israel to be dependent on the US. It's bad for Israel and it's actually bad for America. We want a friend, not a provider.

Also, about Ron Paul: On 1/3/09 - the day Israel invaded Gaza - Mr. Paul made a video in which he said that Israel has started a "pre-emptive war" against the Arabs in Gaza. I'm not sure how he considered it to be pre-emptive considering that the Arabs had shot over 10,000 rockets and mortars into Israel over the preceding 8 years before Israel responded militarily. Prior to the invasion, the only response Israel had done was to evict 10,000 Jews from their homes in 2005, which was a desecration of G-d's name and an utter disaster from all viewpoints for Israel.

Additionally, in the same video Mr Paul said that "Israel has put the palestinians into a virtual concentration camp in Gaza." When one uses language like this the purpose is to make Israel into Nazis. And Nazis are the only ones that deserve to be annihilated. This is why enemies of Israel use this phraseology.

Nevertheless, I still view Mr Paul as the best for Israel if he will end all foreign aid, and keep America out of Israel's business.

I also view his domstic policies as the best for America but that's another story.

thanks,

Rob
www.jewishisrael.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gTWqWrI4M

hazek
10-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Why doesn't Ron make A TON OF VIDEOS like that to issue statements on current events?!

Anyway about the topic, if Ron is against Israel preemptively striking into Gaza, what are they suppose to do against those rocket attacks? I'm not arguing for either or, Israel and Gaza are both completely irrelevant to me, but I'd still like to know what his answer to that problem is cause I can see how Israelis might take his words in this videos as being anti Israel.

brushfire
10-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Why doesn't Ron make A TON OF VIDEOS like that to issue statements on current events?!

Anyway about the topic, if Ron is against Israel preemptively striking into Gaza, what are they suppose to do against those rocket attacks? I'm not arguing for either or, Israel and Gaza are both completely irrelevant to me, but I'd still like to know what his answer to that problem is cause I can see how Israelis might take his words in this videos as being anti Israel.

I can see, based on one part of the video, how some may think he's anti-Israel too. I think the more video you watch, the more you appreciate the American perspective. Israel has full control of the Palestinians, and has a superior military/weapons capacity. I'm not anti-Isreal either, but I can agree that Israel may look like the bully in their "preemptive" action, and the US will take the hit because of our support of Israel.

I guess there's really no smooth way of putting it, without pi$$ing off some of the pro-Israel folks. I think to appreciate the point of view, you have to take an American perspective. If we were not so deeply tied with Israel, it would not matter as much.

Still, to call him an anti-Semite is just ridiculous.

phesoge
10-12-2011, 08:04 PM
I did appreciate how the comments were responded too, but I completely disagree with calling Paul anti-Israel..........Paul is simply Pro America. That is all there is to it