PDA

View Full Version : Which day would be the best Money Bomb day?

GeorgiaRPFan
11-05-2007, 07:43 PM
So I've seen a whole bunch of dates thrown about lately. How about choosing one and getting the thisnovember5th.com guy on it?

hummtide
11-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I agree fully with the Boston Tea Party day of the 16th, but 5+ weeks is too long to wait for another major money bomb, with the primaries closing in!

jumpyg1258
11-05-2007, 07:47 PM
I was torn between the 15th or 16th of December.

Hamburglar
11-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Boston Tea Party no doubt. It's in pop cultures radar, we were all tought it.

NinjaPirate
11-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I agree fully with the Boston Tea Party day of the 16th, but 5+ weeks is too long to wait for another major money bomb, with the primaries closing in!

Some of us need to recharge our bat-trees!

Fuck you, Frank!

Pedro TT
11-05-2007, 07:49 PM
www.bostonteaparty2007.com is catchy! Someone make this happen!

Chaos Unlimited
11-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Hosting a real Boston Tea Party in Boston would be unforgettable!

Richandler
11-05-2007, 07:50 PM
How bout a money bomb weekend. 15th and the 16th could be something where we actually shoot for 10 million in 2 days!

GeorgiaRPFan
11-05-2007, 07:52 PM

I think a donation weekend to commemorate both would be a good idea.

ClockwiseSpark
11-05-2007, 07:52 PM
How bout a money bomb weekend. 15th and the 16th could be something where we actually shoot for 10 million in 2 days!

I think that's a great idea.

kevman657
11-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I have a web design ready, now I just need to figure out a domain!

UtahApocalypse
I voted end of year to be the Ron Paul Riders money bomb.

GeorgiaRPFan

Now I wish I'd made the whole weekend a separate option. :o

Gimme Some Truth

+1

Or if you could get a massive rally setup at the site of the Boston Tea Party with Ron there you could have the main online donations on the bill of rights day and kinda celebrate it, and get offline donations, at the rally

kevman657
11-05-2007, 07:54 PM
ondecember16th.com? teapartymoneybomb.com?

Naraku
11-05-2007, 07:55 PM
There's already a tea party site:

http://www.teaparty07.com/

guntherg16
F**k you Frank!

kevman657
There's already a tea party site:

http://www.teaparty07.com/

Ouch, design hurts my eyes!

max
11-05-2007, 07:57 PM
15 AND 16 is a weekend......let's party for TWO days

literatim
11-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I say we narrow to Boston Tea Party. Doing a weekend thing isn't nearly as inspiring nor as focused as one needs a money bomb day to be. Plus everyone knows what the Boston Tea Party is and we can have a lot of very good movies centered around it. Remember, its not just that you choose a day, but a day that can catch on and grow in popularity amongst everyone.

constitutional
11-05-2007, 07:58 PM
December 15- Bill of Rights Day

There are people out there that fear their rights are being taken away. This is a perfect way for them to learn about Ron Paul.

Boston Tea Party? What the hell... NO! Lets make it something worthwhile.

I pick the bill of rights.

kutibah
11-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah, Tea Party is best because it is engraved in our history and culture. It truly will be a revolutionary day! (Bigger than today I expect)

ronpaulitician
11-05-2007, 07:59 PM
December 5th: 21st Amendment repeals Prohibition (1933)

Richandler
I would love two days of ecstasy.

literatim
December 15- Bill of Rights Day

There are people out there that fear their rights are being taken away. This is a perfect way for them to learn about Ron Paul.

Boston Tea Party? What the hell... NO! Lets make it something worthwhile.

I pick the bill of rights.

Bill of Rights Day is an obscure holiday. The Boston Tea Party was a turning point in our country's foundation. It is a very popular holiday amongst everyone. I know I learned about the Boston Tea Party in grade, middle, and high school and the Bill of Rights Day was rarely mentioned.

Boston Tea Party is about REVOLUTION!

Pedro TT
11-05-2007, 08:00 PM
I have a web design ready, now I just need to figure out a domain!

bostonteaparty2007.com!!!

Its a great domain.

Naraku
11-05-2007, 08:00 PM
This November 11th is already set, and I think that does need some backing, because it's in this same week!

This is likely going to be $4 million today and another big donation to round off the week, though not as big as this, would be superb. Then there could be some down time with a few bomb in between, maybe a somewhat smaller thanksgiving bomb and one for the debate in November 28th and then one for December 16th. Then maybe rounding off that month with a New Years Eve blowout.

Spreading it out might prove very beneficial.

Thom1776
11-05-2007, 08:01 PM
decemberlibertyweekend.com is available

klamath
11-05-2007, 08:02 PM
15th and 16th! Tea party and bill of rights!

literatim
11-05-2007, 08:03 PM
NO two days. We need a FOCUS. This is why this day worked out so well because it was focused and had a theme. It is also more impressive when you raise it all in ONE DAY. A weekend diminishes the impact.

Which is more impressive. $4 million in one day or two?

GeorgiaRPFan
11-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah, Tea Party is best because it is engraved in our history and culture. It truly will be a revolutionary day! (Bigger than today I expect)

Heck if we can do this well on a minor British anniversary, imagine if we choose an American one?

mrd
11-05-2007, 08:04 PM
If the November5th guy endorsed Bill of Rights day, it might just get some media attention. And I'm sure teachers around the nation would take notice to celebrate Bill of Rights day with their students.. If anything, it could encourage people to review the Bill of Rights next month! Although Tea Party sure follows suit with Guy Fawkes.. eh. Do a double whammy! A two-day whopper! Two days to celebrate freedom and declare war on oppression!

Man from La Mancha
11-05-2007, 08:05 PM
NO two days. We need a FOCUS. This is why this day worked out so well because it was focused and had a theme. It is also more impressive when you raise it all in ONE DAY. A weekend diminishes the impact.

Which is more impressive. $4 million in one day or two?So whats the problem a 2 day tea PARTY!!!

work2win
11-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Both days have their plusses and minuses. How about we wait and see how media coverage from the 5th plays out before we make our decision. Lets do this smart.

Chaos Unlimited
11-05-2007, 08:57 PM
The Sons and Daughters of Liberty at the Boston Tea Party is brilliant. People are angry about the war. They're even more angry that their hard-earned money is being used to fight the war. It's a tax revolt.

thegearbox
11-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I say do it now, don't hold anything back. The word will get out and the money will come in from others.

Naraku
11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Here's how I see this going on:

November 11th - a big day, but not this big, maybe $1 million to $500,000.

Thanksgiving - A small donation, maybe $100,000 to $200,000

November 28th - Another small donation, maybe a little smaller, closer to $100,000

December 15th- kind of like November 11th, big, but not the biggest. The idea there would be more like building up to it

December 16th - Big day like today.

December 24th - Maybe another big day or slightly smaller.

December 31st, maybe not as big, or not depends on supporters.

Remember it took 18 days to get this many people to sign on, but now there's a lot of supporters. So these numbers could be inflated over time.

However, I think December 16th is best for the next November 5th-style donation drive, with a few smaller drives sprinkled in between and a big buildup with December 15th.

There can't be serious slumps in between!

progrock
11-05-2007, 09:22 PM
we should just have a money bomb every saturday. i'm a poor man but i'll be glad to donate 20 bucks every saturday

ConstitutionGal
11-05-2007, 10:07 PM
I think a donation weekend to commemorate both would be a good idea.

+5

That close to the Holidays, I think having two days for people to donate would be an EXCELLENT idea!

Paul4Prez
11-05-2007, 10:12 PM
We need more than one.

November 11th: for everyone who didn't like the November 5th symbolism.

November 30th: to max out donations for November.

December 15th and 16th: Bill of Rights Day/Boston Tea Party Day Weekend -- have side-by-side sign-ups. Try to get 50,000 people on each for a minimum of $20.

stevedasbach
11-05-2007, 10:22 PM

Why not make it the whole weekend?

dircha
11-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes, if we try it again too soon we are going to see diminishing returns. I'd hate to see a headline reading, "Latest Ron Paul Mega-Fundraiser Disappoints" if we can avoid it.

I would think that the money the campaign has now in addition to the regular accumulation will fund them through the middle of December. Maybe they will give guidance one way or the other.

The Tea Party day I think is going to be something we'll want to have a broader appeal. And we need a lot of lead up time to pull that off.

A Tea Party day is something with a general enough appeal that we can take it door to door in our neighborhoods and get a lot of people disenchanted with government behind it.

scottincr
11-05-2007, 10:40 PM
How about Christmas day!! Think about it we set the goal at $10M. Then all 70,000 of the people donating are checking their computers or asking their in laws, parents, siblings, etc.. if they can use their computers to check on the progress. Eveyone asking why are you checking the computer ,...it's christmas?

Now it sets the tone for the political talk with our families and friends and they asked...ha. Our excitement is difficult to contain...then add the success the campaign is having on top of our enthusiasm....it becomes contagious!!

Great day to add another 100,000 Ron Paul supporters!!

scottincr
11-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Plus Jesus was a man of peace...What better way to celebrate him on his birthday than with RP's messsage of peace!!!

Abyss19562
11-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Boston Tea Party anniversry for sure !!

tnvoter
11-05-2007, 10:52 PM
We should take 2nd and 3rd place dates, and make them mini money bombs, any donations dates, and the FIRST place to be the next big one! :)

saahmed
11-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I didnt even know about the Bill of Rights day. I think that would be a really good day.

mtmedlin
11-05-2007, 11:21 PM
I Like Boston Tea Party. It gives pleant of time for everybody to save up. It gives time to get out the message and it comes before the last minute shopping that wipes everybody out. Wait too close to christmas and nobody is paying attention. Schools go on break shortly after and a money bomb that beats this day would give people something to debate and discuss over the holiday break.

Brian Bailey
11-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Perhaps we have moved beyond the 'one day money bomb' into the 'two day money bomb' territory?

December 15 AND 16 sounds like a great idea to me.

PaleoConservative
11-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Definately. It's the logical choice for the next big day. We should make no less then three million that day and it would guarantee that Dr. Ron Paul would make 12 million this quarter. Of course, the potential to make more then 4 million is also real sweet.

The 16th gives Ron Paul over two weeks to blast Iowa with ads etc from this money. Shit, I'm so excited by how much money we've raised already. Ron Paul can have advertising going all over the country without a doubt now.

jsharpe
11-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Let's go with a major tea party in Boston on the 16th! Around that time in December, you gotta figure Ron Paul will be hitting the pavement heavy in New Hampshire. Could get real support from the campaign on this one. Plus, everyone in America knows about the Tea Party and the reasons for it. It is the perfect date. Also, it gives everyone time to build another base of pledges for the money drive. Remember, this current money bomb was planned for two months! Give us a month to make this one great.

HalogenFlood
11-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Dec 16 Tea Party is the way to go. One day, not two. Keep the message simple and direct. That's why Nov 5 was so successful. Also, I don't think 5 weeks from now is too far out. That's actually an ideal amount of spacing after such a large outpouring of monetary support. Keep in mind that the Nov 5 bomb was about 5 weeks after the big end of Q3 week.

LBT
11-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Me three.

A 2 day Boston Tea Party with the Bill of Rights day for desert.:cool:

LBT
11-06-2007, 12:48 AM
But we should have micro and mini bomb hours and days along the way.

Akus
11-06-2007, 12:49 AM
all of them. I gave the whole amount to the campaign as soon as I firmly established Ron Paul was running.

ksuguy
11-06-2007, 12:50 AM
We need them soon, need to give Ron time to spend the money in New Hampshire.

V-rod
11-06-2007, 01:15 AM
Tea Party should be the major cluster bomb, and the 11th can be a mini bomb!

Pride
11-06-2007, 01:18 AM
I'd love to see both the the 15th and 16th as money bomb days. A money bomb weekend would be GREAT.

LibertyRevolution
11-06-2007, 02:57 AM
So I voted for Bill of Rights day.
Why? Because I have never heard of it. I think it would be a great theme for Ron Paul, a way to further link Ron Paul with founders and getting back to our roots. I don’t think it will be hard to come up with videos for Ron Paul, the Founding Fathers, and freedom.

Why I didn’t vote for Boston Tea Party.
The looting, the riots, and the police state that would fallow a huge rally in Boston where Ron Paul was speaking the truth to all the public about the Fed, Taxes, and the falling dollar, on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. That being said, count me in for $100 if we can get Ron Paul to put on a “Philly style” rally in Boston on the 16th of Dec.

qwerty
11-06-2007, 02:59 AM
dec 16th, focus on one day to beat HILLARYS RECORD!

denvervoipguru
11-06-2007, 03:09 AM
That's a winner

Bryan
11-06-2007, 03:31 AM
15 AND 16 is a weekend......let's party for TWO days
Doing a single day on a weekend isn't the same as a week day (people are busy, out and about, etc), so I like Max's idea.

Why? Because I have never heard of it. I think it would be a great theme for Ron Paul, a way to further link Ron Paul with founders and getting back to our roots. I don’t think it will be hard to come up with videos for Ron Paul, the Founding Fathers, and freedom.

The looting, the riots, and the police state that would fallow a huge rally in Boston where Ron Paul was speaking the truth to all the public about the Fed, Taxes, and the falling dollar, on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. That being said, count me in for $100 if we can get Ron Paul to put on a “Philly style” rally in Boston on the 16th of Dec.
For a single day, I agree with this completely.

If you really want to make a massive anti-tax statement, wait until April 15th, "tax day" - this will be after most primaries but this campaign will still be moving and this could prove to be a huge national event. To that end, I already secured http://www.ThisApril15th.com . :D

I like the frequency of about one money bomb a month.

Whatever the case, let's keep it going. Let's change America some more.

foofighter20x
11-06-2007, 03:35 AM

I was too, until it dawned on me that the Tea Party fit better into our revolution theme. :D

austin356
11-06-2007, 03:38 AM
It is much more difficult to get people to donate on the weekends.

Thats why I vote for 3 days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I rather have maximum results instead of focus. First, no matter how much we raise it will not be as big of a surprise to the media as today was, thus reducing coverage and second, the purpose of these bombs is to pull in as much cash as possible to be spent in NH, IA, NV, SC, MI and (hopefully now since we are rollin' in cash) FL. If we focus on getting as much cash as possible to when those states, the rest will fall like dominoes, with little to no expenses.

This is what I hope for

14th = $2 million
15th = $3 million
16th = $4 million

Richandler
11-06-2007, 03:43 AM
As long as we have a number to shoot for each day there is no reason it couldn't work. 3 million each day is just as satisfactory as 6 million on one day. Remember that last week before the end of last quarter. That was a week long sprint! Let's not get lazy the Bill of Rights is what our candidate has been bringing up time and time again! It is his issue. The Constitution.

I say the 6 Million dollar weekend.
Two events.
Tea Party 07
vs.
Bill of Rights Restoration

Two viral campaigns to get people in the party to see who can out raise the other. I mean if the free market is what we are all about, then there is no reason we can't hold a fund raising competition amongst us to get even better results.

derdy
11-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Even though I'm really attracted to the Boston Tea Party date, the Bill of Rights day seems even more attractive. People don't know their rights as an individual! That would be the perfect storm to me! Boston Tea Party is great for me becuase I already know what's going on and understand the Constitution and liberty. For other people not so much following thigns and encroachments on their liberty, The Bill of Rights day is a nice reminder, maybe we could make it a two day event?!

The Bill of Rights day followed by A Boston Tea Party!!!

How amazing is that?

Hell make an even of that. have Ron Paul give a bad ass speech in IA or NH, kind of like a Philly Rally and combine the money tidal wave with a live event we can all watch on Justin.tv!!!
Have donations at the event and also online. Get media there. Do it in a primary state!

Get on it!

bunklocoempire
11-06-2007, 04:04 AM

I agree, "re-learnin'" people is what this campaign is about. We must remind people why OUR Constitution/Bill of Rights can't be forgotten or compromised. If any in the MSM try to twist this one it is easier to call them on it directly. The MSM will have a hard time smearing a Bill of Rights event. The MSM will look more absurd when they try to slant it and that will wake up more people. We can count on the MSM's method of operation and must capitalize on it.

As for harbor events, it doesn't take too much to have a millitary-coast guard-police order issued ala Patriot Act by the Gov.. It has already happened here in Hawaii (Kauai) with the superferry fiasco. Again people, this has happened
in OUR Country and it can affect you. I don't think we want to go that route until we absolutley have to. We're talkin Fed style fines and jail time. Wise up people.

bunkloco

philgest
11-06-2007, 04:28 AM
I voted for December 16th for the next big Money Bomb day, but the 15th of December would be good too. I think that the publicity of such events, the Money Bomb days, are good for the campaign and it shows the strength of the grassroots movement and support for the good doctor when millions roll in on the announced day. Having the next Money Bomb day in mid December gives people time to save for it and time to recruit new supporters and financial contributors so it will be a success.

However, I also think those that can should donate on the 11th of November, the Veterans Day Money Bomb. There is already a good web site for it and wouldn’t it be great publicity for the campaign if on the 11th of November, just days away, another million was raised for Dr. Paul, on Veterans Day, especially given that the good doctor leads in military contributions. I’ve not signed up on the November 11th web site, but I do intend to donate on the 11th.

Lastly, I think there should be one last BIG NEW YEAR’S EVE Money Bomb to totally bump the numbers the last day of the year!

tsetsefly
11-06-2007, 04:46 AM
After Christmas! when people will get money...

stevedasbach
11-06-2007, 05:07 AM

Which is more impressive. $4 million in one day or two?

I think Tea Party is the right theme. However, given that it falls on Sunday, I think making this a two day affair incorporating Bill of Rights day is the way to go. That opens up the possibility of donation parties Friday night (with donations starting at midnight EST), Saturday, and Sunday all across America. That's an angle for local news coverage.

People like myself who are maxed out can legally host the parties -- we're permitted to spend $1000 per person ($2000 per couple) for this purpose outside the regular limits. Use this as a vehicle to bring in new donors.

Note that we're already raised over $100,000 today. We can do more than $4 million with a two day event in December.

derdy
11-06-2007, 05:37 AM
The night of the 15th there's a Ron Paul rally at about 9PM or 10PM. This includes Ron Paul giving a speech in IA or NH with a large gather of people and speakers. We could have speakers talk about the Bill of Rights. One thing I was thinking of as the countdown to the 16th, the Boston Tea Party anniversary, we could have someone read anonymous quotes: those from our fore fathers followed by a quote from a modern day politician, be it Dem or Rep, to show the disparity from the founders to what we have today (and not disclosing if the politician is Dem or Rep shows that they are one in the same!) with audience cheers and boos to show approval/disapproval. In essence a list of grievances and what we want our government to be.

The official fund raising for the boston tea party is kicked off by Ron Paul tossing a bag with a dollar sign on it, symbolic of our grievances into a Rive or something and the crowd breaking into jubilation!!

Ron Paul then goes onto raise 10 Million and the Republic lives on!!

Man that'd be sweet!

troyd1
11-06-2007, 05:49 AM
The only problem I see with the 15th or 16th is that it is a weekend. This could be good or bad. I think the 2 day idea is great! That way maybe the website can keep up. A date in the future like that will allow people to save up. The problem is that most people do not watch the news on the weekend so it may not have as much of an impact although if we do 10mil, it will certainly be big news Monday. If we can do another 2-3 mill by then, we have a shot at 20 mil this quarter!

GeorgiaRPFan
11-06-2007, 07:13 AM
I like the idea of a big tea party/Bill of Rights weekend with news coverage on Monday.

GeorgiaRPFan
11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Bump to get the daytime votes.

troyd1
11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
This is the day before the Iowa debates. If we blow up in fundraising that day, everyone will watch the debates and hopefully give more.

MedicSean37
11-06-2007, 12:27 PM
I will go for whatever the masses agree on and support it fully. However, I think doing it Dec 15 would be best. It would really emphasize our message in a very positive and American way.