PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Idea -- Day of Solidarity for Ron Paul:

Patriot123
10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
So I just came up with this idea. Essentially, think about this concept: the media is ignoring us because they believe we're a small group of people who cannot win. But imagine if we turned that on their head. Not only through the success of Black THIS Out, but through other means as well. A way to show, nationwide, the amount of people who support Ron Paul. Think about what those in the Gay Rights Movement do one day throughout the year (or at least did in my high school? Valid example anyway...) -- they'd wear purple shirts to show solidarity for the gay rights movement. That, or they'd refuse to speak the entire day to show their support, and their numbers. That's a huge strategy that has an enormous effect on the public. Power through numbers.

The Plan: On one particular week, get a majority of Ron Paul supporters to wear something -- a black bracelet, a shirt with an X on it, a ribbon, a button -- something. One unifying symbol that everyone can wear in order to show our power through numbers. Advertise the week months in advance, so that way everyone -- especially non-Ron Paul supporters, know what whatever particular symbol we'd all wear is all about, and why we're wearing them.

The Strategy: Power through numbers. If enough people see this symbol on people, they might change their minds. They might say, "hey, Ron Paul has quite a few supporters now, doesn't he?" They might start to question the myth that he's unelectable. Imagine walking through NYC one day, and seeing a row of people with this symbol on them.

Thoughts?

dustinto
10-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Maybe do it in connection with Black This Out. Wear a black ribbon (similar to the pink ones people wear for breast cancer) on the days leading up to BTO.

Might not be enough time to do that.

HeyArchie
10-12-2011, 02:30 PM
I just wish that everyone who supported Ron could gather in a city and just be like, "What's up? We exist."

Your idea is more feasible. :)

BuddyRey
10-13-2011, 12:51 AM
I love this idea!

Okie RP fan
10-13-2011, 12:57 AM
We should do this this month. Might as well make October "Black THIS Out" month.

If this plan is to gain any steam, it needs to be spread a.s.a.p. and may be more realistic to start it in November or even much later, perhaps a couple months, in all honesty. Good idea, though. I'd be on board.

Maximus
10-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Ring on index finger, has no baggage and it can "point the way"