PDA

View Full Version : After the "IT" hits the fan, Lessons from Argentina

knarf
10-12-2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnF1WDS_vyQ
What happens when banks close, financial systems rupture, and cash becomes incredibly scarce.

Barter.

The way mankind survived for thousands of years before banks and currency and even coinage.

Popular to contrary myth, barter can take up the slack. In the former Soviet Union fortunes were made trading industrial sized quantities of goods including the output of the entire factories.

knarf
10-12-2011, 01:14 PM
"IT" is coming to the US in a much larger scale!

Acala
10-12-2011, 01:28 PM
That isn't barter. That is market currency.

Barter is trading my goods or services directly for your goods or services. These people are trading their goods or services for certificates which other will people will take in trade for their goods and services. That's money, bro. A market-created currency.

True barter is highly inefficient and will never last in any but the most primitive economy or where private money is violently suppressed. That is why some form of money will develop very quickly in the USA after the dollar fails.

knarf
10-12-2011, 03:54 PM
That isn't barter. That is market currency.

Barter is trading my goods or services directly for your goods or services. These people are trading their goods or services for certificates which other will people will take in trade for their goods and services. That's money, bro. A market-created currency.

True barter is highly inefficient and will never last in any but the most primitive economy or where private money is violently suppressed. That is why some form of money will develop very quickly in the USA after the dollar fails.

they barter for/with the warehouse currency

Acala
10-12-2011, 04:43 PM
they barter for/with the warehouse currency

If they are using currency it isn't barter. Barter is the direct exchange of goods or services for goods or services. Interposing a fungible medium of exchange in the transaction makes it no longer a barter economy. And this is exactly what would be expected because barter is inefficient.

I am not just being a stickler for terminology here. It matters a great deal for those who are trying to prepare for the collapse of the dollar. When the dollar collapses, barter will not last long and SOMETHING will become money. If you can successfully predict what will become the fungible medium of exchange (money) after the collapse of the dollar and stock up now, you stand to do well.

Aratus
10-12-2011, 04:58 PM
lil ole ebay stares at IT?
mr. wall street dreads IT?
barack O is better than IT?

LibertyEagle
10-12-2011, 05:00 PM
lil ole ebay stares at IT?
mr. wall street dreads IT?
barack O is better than IT?

No, barack O isn't worth IT.

knarf