PDA

View Full Version : Ron needs to say THE FEDERAL RESERVE PREVENTS A TRUE FREE MARKET.

wgadget
10-12-2011, 07:14 AM
That is all.

Sola_Fide
10-12-2011, 07:18 AM
I think Ron needs to say that conservatives are against price fixing or price controls in every part of the economy, so why should they accept price controls in money (interest rates)?

FrankRep
10-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Ron needs to say THE FEDERAL RESERVE PREVENTS A TRUE FREE MARKET.

That is all.

Host: "What would allow a true free market? Anarchy?"

That will leave Ron Paul open to be attacked.

wgadget
10-12-2011, 07:30 AM
The next few weeks in regard to the EURO DISASTER will show that the FED and the central bankers of the world have WAY TOO MUCH INFLUENCE in the monetary system.

Mark my words. Ron Paul will come out looking like a sage as the people's awareness catches fire across the globe.

erowe1
10-12-2011, 07:37 AM
He doesn't need to say any more about the Fed. It makes him sound like a one trick pony. And it implies to all the voters who don't care about the fed that Ron Paul doesn't care about what they care about. He's the most fiscally conservative candidate by far and he needs to show it more. Save the monetary policy for people who care about it.

IDefendThePlatform
10-12-2011, 07:45 AM
I think Ron needs to say that conservatives are against price fixing or price controls in every part of the economy, so why should they accept price controls in money (interest rates)?

+1

wgadget
10-12-2011, 07:50 AM
The next few weeks will see the Fed bailing out Europe.

Just what we need.

archangel689
10-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Ron needs to say a lot of things he doesn't say!

For instance the 9 9 9 plan is tax reform.... what's the point of tax reform? TO COLLECT MORE TAXES! Herman Cain is looking at the economic problems we face as a REVENUE problem in which case he does not belong on the republican stage. We have a SPENDING problem.

Also, I was pissed as hell when Cain basically called Ron a liar in front of everyone by saying Ron "missquoted him." Ron did to be polite...he didnt call ron's ideas ignorant, he called them STUPID.

If you want to pay 40% of your income in taxes, support cain, thats something Ron SHOULD say.

wgadget
10-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Eh, no worries...Another debate NEXT Tuesday.

progressiveforpaul
10-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Ron Paul's Fed stance may be the right policy but it is the wrong politics. He did mention, as he should do more often, the word, "coalitions" because if he is going to get the nomination he needs at least 2 million progressives to jump ship and vote for him in the primary.

cdc482
10-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Also when phony candidates say something like, 'I am against the policies of this Fed, but not the Fed as an institution,' Ron Paul should say something like, 'what policies of the fed do you like?' The fed only has one policy since 1913, which is printing money and setting interest rates.

He did good calling out republicans for S.O. and talking about lihertarianism as the most humanitariann philosophy. Keep it up buddy.

cdc482
10-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Also regarding the fed, I've had success with this arguement:
I don't want the fed around for the same reason I don't want you to own a printing press. The press is great for you cause you can pay off your debt really easily but sometime after, money loses value.

Eric21ND
10-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Also when phony candidates say something like, 'I am against the policies of this Fed, but not the Fed as an institution,' Ron Paul should say something like, 'what policies of the fed do you like?' The fed only has one policy since 1913, which is printing money and setting interest rates.
And then add "You know there was a time in this country when one income was sufficient to run a household, now days everyone in the household has to work sometimes 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet, and that's if you can even FIND a job with a 20% unemployment rate in this country. The Federal Reserve has been the instrument that has stolen the purchasing power of our wages and savings, while simultaneously causing the inflation we see at the grocery store and gas pump.

The key is connecting the Fed to lowering the standard of living.

cdc482
10-12-2011, 08:25 AM
And then add "You know there was a time in this country when one income was sufficient to run a household, now days everyone in the household has to work sometimes 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet, and that's if you can even FIND a job with a 20% unemployment rate in this country. The Federal Reserve has been the instrument that has stolen the purchasing power of our wages and savings, while simultaneously causing the inflation we see at the grocery store and gas pump.

Nice