PDA

View Full Version : HOW does Herman Cain "do away with" the current tax code?

wgadget
10-12-2011, 06:54 AM
How easily is something like that done?

Can he do it by Executive Order?

I don't get it.

PreDeadMan
10-12-2011, 07:09 AM
executive order 999

Bruno
10-12-2011, 07:09 AM
executive order 999

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Sola_Fide
10-12-2011, 07:14 AM
He doesn't do away with anything, he just adds new types of taxation. Sounds like a real "tea party" type plan to me!

wgadget
10-12-2011, 07:34 AM
He doesn't do away with anything, he just adds new types of taxation. Sounds like a real "tea party" type plan to me!

Well, of course you're right...but last night he kept saying he'd do away with the current tax code. He also said 999 WILL PASS, because the American people will want it.

WTF?

What's this guy smoking?

flightlesskiwi
10-12-2011, 07:37 AM
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

i covered it.

flightlesskiwi
10-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Well, of course you're right...but last night he kept saying he'd do away with the current tax code. He also said 999 WILL PASS, because the American people will want it.

WTF?

What's this guy smoking?

obviously clairvoyant?

that or arrogant. he speaks for us all. <--it's good to be Kaing.

edit: of he knows the 999 plan is so horrendous and bass-ackward that the DC congresscritters are sure to jump on the opportunity to pass it.

Zippyjuan
10-12-2011, 05:49 PM
How easily is something like that done?

I don't get it.
Any changes in the tax code would have to pass both houses of Congress and then be signed by the president.

Voluntary Man
10-12-2011, 06:07 PM

Nein! Nein! Nein!

sratiug
10-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Because there is still a corporate income tax, and there are still personal income taxes, this would do nearly nothing to simplify the tax code for corporations, businesses, and individuals that are self employed. You still must have the IRS to determine what is considered business expenses or income. Major fail.

LibertasPraesidium
10-12-2011, 08:13 PM
I think that Cain believes that because the Executive Branch is in charge of the Treasury Department that there is no oversight and getting rid of the tax code is easy. Kinda like Obama violating the Constitution with his famous "We don't have ground troops in Libya, so it's not war." (Even though he said like a week later there were ground troops there.)

bolidew
10-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, of course you're right...but last night he kept saying he'd do away with the current tax code. He also said 999 WILL PASS, because the American people will want it. WTF? What's this guy smoking? If his sole emphasis is 9-9-9 and by some miracle get elected as POTUS, the congress will probably pass it given the mandate he carries.

Zippyjuan
10-12-2011, 08:36 PM
If his sole emphasis is 9-9-9 and by some miracle get elected as POTUS, the congress will probably pass it given the mandate he carries.
You mean like Obama's mandate too? Doesn't he get whatever he wants passed? Wait- he doesn't.