PDA

View Full Version : ‘I Will Not Tolerate Civil Disobedience In The City Of Boston’ -Boston Mayor Tom Menino

dannno
10-12-2011, 03:33 AM
After Boston police arrested more than 100 activists for occupying part of the Rose Kennedy Greenway, Boston mayor Tom Menino said the activists were “hellbent on pitching tents” in an area that “was not allotted to them.” “I sympathize with their issues, some of those issues we really have to look at in America,” Menino said in the interview with New England Cable News, “but when it comes to civil disobedience, I will not tolerate civil disobedience in the city of Boston.” Watch it:

http://www.necn.com/pages/video?PID=N_mcH0Jocuy4JCJNC5Kon7ZmawCEjF_k

Aratus
10-12-2011, 03:50 AM
he's being no nonsense.
it was on our local news.

Xenophage
10-12-2011, 11:24 AM
The mayor of Boston won't tolerate civil disobedience in Boston... the same Boston where the Revolutionary War began with acts of civil disobedience.

linusPAULing
10-12-2011, 11:28 AM
There's a reason it's called disobedience... as in dis-obey. If it was tolerated it could be called compliance.

jkr
10-12-2011, 11:39 AM
your compliance is mandatory...

dannno
10-12-2011, 12:19 PM
The mayor of Boston won't tolerate civil disobedience in Boston... the same Boston where the Revolutionary War began with acts of civil disobedience.

+rep

Pizzo
10-12-2011, 12:21 PM
I thought Mayor Menino died April 1, 1998?

affa
10-12-2011, 01:57 PM
There's a reason it's called disobedience... as in dis-obey. If it was tolerated it could be called compliance.

not completely true though; civil disobedience need not be against an enforced law, it can be against an unenforced law as well. so it is possible to have a situation where you're being civil disobedient but not directly disobeying anyone. Prohibition offers plenty of examples of this -- where often local gov't was fully supportive of speakeasies and the like.