PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul could win the GOP nomination!

Xelaetaks
10-12-2011, 12:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQF4LbLq-fk

Cleaner44
10-12-2011, 12:49 AM
It would be awesome to convince massive amount of OWS people to register Republican and vote Ron Paul in the primaries. There is only ONE candidate that stop the bailouts to Wall St and it sure isn't Romney.

McDermit
10-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Like, retweet, 5 stars, thumbs up, +rep. lol.

You certainly don't see coverage like that very often.

Xelaetaks
10-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Gotta love Freedom Watch. The one show that seems to always support Ron Paul.

Also - http://video.foxnews.com/v/1213474017001/

You can see people waving Ron Paul signs in the background and Newt Gingrich talks about Ron Paul for a second at the end there. Seems like Paul and Gingrich are on good terms.

Sentinelrv
10-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Wow, that was awesome!

idiom
10-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Ron Paul could catch on! Rofl.

McDermit
10-12-2011, 01:36 AM
He's really catchin on, i'm tellin ya!

Sentinelrv
10-12-2011, 01:38 AM
And he's using the same reasoning we are. Everybody else is failing. Romney is just holding on because of name recognition. Everybody knows he's a flip flopper. Cain is unexperienced and is already starting to blow himself out. Santorum will NEVER move past 1% lol. Bachmann blew it long ago. Perry recently blew his chances. Gingrich isn't serious. There really isn't anybody else. Ron is the only one that has the chance to soak up all the support from the others and move into a position to take on Romney.

idiom
10-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Romney was really sweating tonight just under the direct and sustained questioning of honest moderators. No way he survives a Billion Dollars of attack ads.

Tunink
10-12-2011, 04:24 AM
You know, Ron Paul has never once stated he wants to legalize drugs or prostitution. I think saying things like that hurt him with social conservatives.

What he says is that he wants to put it to the states so that if a state like california wants to make pot legal fine, but if Alabama doesn't want it legal, fine. The local state government is a better representative of it's constituency than the federal government.

I really think we have to shift past saying things like what the judge just said if we want to win. We know the truth and understand, but there are a lot of voters that are lazy or to ignorant to grasp what Ron is trying to say.

green73
10-12-2011, 08:03 AM
bump

Naraku
10-12-2011, 10:40 AM
You know, Ron Paul has never once stated he wants to legalize drugs or prostitution. I think saying things like that hurt him with social conservatives.

What he says is that he wants to put it to the states so that if a state like california wants to make pot legal fine, but if Alabama doesn't want it legal, fine. The local state government is a better representative of it's constituency than the federal government.

I really think we have to shift past saying things like what the judge just said if we want to win. We know the truth and understand, but there are a lot of voters that are lazy or to ignorant to grasp what Ron is trying to say.

I think Ron Paul has said or implied he does want them legalized. It is not because he is not morally opposed to these activities, he most certainly is opposed to them on moral grounds. However, he is morally opposed to the government controlling people's personal choices even more. Ron Paul just believes that it is not something to be decreed by the federal government either way.

cdc482
10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Was this online only or did it air on television?

cdc482
10-12-2011, 02:31 PM
??

KingNothing
10-12-2011, 02:48 PM

he has said he would pardon all non-violent drug offenders.

Alternative 336
10-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I've already come to the conclusion that it would be a race between Romney and Paul a long time ago. I have a concern that the average republican voter just isn't educated enough to want to vote for Paul. I have heard though that Romney is less popular in southern states, which is good. I want some thoughts on this though, we have a few months left Cain (the new flavor of the week) will lose credibility and popularity soon enough. How good of a chance do we really have here? Will the independent and blue republican vote be substantial?

ctiger2
10-12-2011, 02:50 PM
You know, Ron Paul has never once stated he wants to legalize drugs or prostitution.

This bugs me as well. Makes it sound like Ron is Pro Drug use, which he's not. Ron simply wants to legalize freedom again and let the states be in charge of drug regulations. If some states wanted to keep the current drug laws Ron would be fine with that. Some states might legalize and regulate all drugs. Then we'd see which states do better.

Voluntary Man
10-12-2011, 03:27 PM

yes. Ron Paul should be the first choice of informed cultural conservatives. however, the average cultural conservative is no better informed than any other voter; unfortunately, many voters can't differentiate between "the federal government has no constitutional authority to regulate drugs and prostitution" and "I'm personally okay with drugs and prostitution."

anaconda
10-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Gotta love Freedom Watch. The one show that seems to always support Ron Paul.

Also - http://video.foxnews.com/v/1213474017001/

You can see people waving Ron Paul signs in the background and Newt Gingrich talks about Ron Paul for a second at the end there. Seems like Paul and Gingrich are on good terms.

God what a shameless vile neocon Gingrich is! I would love to see a long debate between he and Tom Woods. On national TV..

MelissaCato
10-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !!

Plague-of-Locutus
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
It was good to see a positive spin on Dr. Paul for a change.

Is it weird for me to think that perhaps the media blackout this time around isn't to prevent awareness of Ron Paul, but to shield him from these pointless GOP nominees that are out for blood?

It's been pretty much a given that Ron, while a strong speaker most times can go a tad long-winded at times. If he were recognized as a top tier contender they would all be gunning for him which unfortunately, regardless of a clean voting record, they would find the smallest crack and tear him down. Ron Paul is the strongest bullet the GOP has against the President.

All me crazy, but this video article might be accurate in a couple of months time.

eleganz
10-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Guys, this is merely an opinion that anything is possible but it is up to US to make it happen!

we only have a couple months to make it ALL happen, if you want RP as our president, we MUST work hard and continue to PUSH.