PDA

View Full Version : Time to one up the 999 Plan

Throwback280s
10-11-2011, 09:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuFEuhaLZTw

000 Plan. No Income tax, no sales tax, no corporate tax. Replace them with current fees, tariffs, and a tax on state governments. This is the kind of one-liner friendly plan that can take the wind out of the sails of 999.

SpiritOf1776_J4
10-11-2011, 09:36 PM

SpiritOf1776_J4
10-11-2011, 09:36 PM
This is what we had after 1812 all the way to around the civil war. It was one of the biggest economic booms in history.

Before that we had an excise tax on luxury goods. Excise taxes are not direct taxes, they are duties - sometimes called duty of excise, and they aren't on all goods, but specifically luxury goods. For the war of 1812, that included silverware.

There is no constitutional authority for a sales tax, which is a direct tax not a duty, and which is not on luxury goods but all goods. Adam Smith would be rolling in his grave, as he thought this type of tax as well as income taxes were the very worst sort of taxes.

When the reporter was asking him about how this tax would tax food, it's a point Adam Smith might have made. Cain of course blew her off as he does every single person that ever questions him about anything.

Throwback280s
10-11-2011, 09:43 PM
These candidates need to be confronted by cold hard facts. We need to match their swagger with our own liberty swag.

Paul4Prez
10-11-2011, 09:46 PM
The 9-9-9 plan is unrealistic, dangerous, and adds a new federal tax -- no thanks.
The 0-0-0 plan is no answer either, unfortunately. Even with the outrageous taxes we pay now, there is a huge deficit every year.
We need to focus on spending -- just bring it down first, balance the budget, then cut taxes.

Throwback280s
10-11-2011, 09:50 PM
The 0-0-0 Plan assumes dramatic spending cuts are taking place in tandem.

KingNothing
10-11-2011, 09:52 PM
The 0-0-0 Plan assumes dramatic spending cuts are taking place in tandem.

Those aren't coming though.

Bruno
10-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Those aren't coming though.

According to a Ron Paul presidency they would be. He would veto unconsitutional legislation.

Ron should jump on the 0-0-0 plan. It's a tasty sound bite.

Thomas
10-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Ron really should release a plan

Throwback280s
10-11-2011, 09:57 PM
That's the idea: the American people would love to hear a catchy plan like 000 which totally trumps 999. Of course, the state government taxes, tariffs, excise taxes, and dramatic spending cuts would have to be explained as part of the 000 plan. But it can be done with the right communication efforts.

Eric21ND
10-11-2011, 09:59 PM
I heard someone a long time ago offer a 1% consumption tax on everything.

louisiana4liberty
10-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Haha...reminds me of those 10 minute then 5 minute then 2 minute abs(abdominal) commercials...You can't beat 0-0-0.

SpiritOf1776_J4
10-11-2011, 10:04 PM
The 9-9-9 plan is unrealistic, dangerous, and adds a new federal tax -- no thanks.
The 0-0-0 plan is no answer either, unfortunately. Even with the outrageous taxes we pay now, there is a huge deficit every year.
We need to focus on spending -- just bring it down first, balance the budget, then cut taxes.

We didn't use to have an income tax, and did just fine. In fact, with the trade defict, going back to duties and tarriefs as the primary tax method might make a lot of sense.

Throwback280s
10-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Exactly. Can you imagine the jobs that would explode in America? So many corporations would flood into the economy. Families would actually have a shot at keeping up with the rising cost of living. And the dramatically reduced Washington could cede power to state governments.

Throwback280s
10-12-2011, 09:01 AM
0-0-0 Plan needs to be pushed by the liberty movement.

Article V
10-12-2011, 10:17 AM
0-0-0 Plan needs to be pushed by the liberty movement.We do not echo the plans of others. We are unique. Riffing off Cain's plan gives Cain power. In order to first understand 000 Plan, people would need to learn about the 999 Plan; BAD IDEA! Many people will view the 000 Plan as unrealistic, playing into the usual Ron Paul stereotype; and they'll treat the 999 Plan as a more reasonable and original compromise, even if they disagree with it.

If you want to undercut the 999 Plan, there are other ways to do it without echoing it. A "Tax Free America" Plan is another way to say 000 Plan without generating thoughts of Cain. And ask yourself honestly, which words sounds more appealing, persuasive, and empowering:
"Tax Free America" or "000"?

PS. I'm not necessarily endorsing "Tax Free America" Plan as the idea to get behind, merely pointing out that there are other more productive ways to undercut Cain's 999 Plan without surrendering him more of our power. 000 Plan should be removed from our lexicon as quickly as we possibly can.

RonPaulRules
10-12-2011, 10:19 AM
O O O Plan? I think those are zeros buddy. Zero, Zero, Zero plan.

Throwback280s
10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Article V, I don't think 0-0-0 Plan is a good long-term policy name. But I think its the kind of name that can be used as a one-liner to take the steam totally out of 999, by showing how there are many constitutional federalist fees, tariffs, and state taxes that can be used instead of destroying the middle class and poor.

V3n
10-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Ron really should release a plan

I've heard on a couple of different times, he said he'd be releasing a plan that cuts $1 Trillion from the budget (within a year, I believe) - he said he would release this 'in the next couple of weeks'.

LatinsforPaul
10-12-2011, 10:47 AM
How about the 10 year plan to eliminate the IRS and the Income Tax.

Abolish the current tax code and then institute a regressive Flat tax...

2013 10% Flat tax on all income
2014 9% Flat tax on all income
2015 8% Flat tax on all income
2016 7% Flat tax on all income
2017 6% Flat tax on all income
2018 5% Flat tax on all income
2019 4% Flat tax on all income
2020 3% Flat tax on all income
2021 2% Flat tax on all income
2022 1% Flat tax on all income

2023 Every American gets to keep "the fruits of their labor".:D

TruckinMike
10-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Article V, I don't think 0-0-0 Plan is a good long-term policy name. But I think its the kind of name that can be used as a one-liner to take the steam totally out of 999, by showing how there are many constitutional federalist fees, tariffs, and state taxes that can be used instead of destroying the middle class and poor.

How about "the triple ought plan". Sound better? I think it rolls off the tongue nice.:)

Article V
10-12-2011, 11:49 AM
How about "the triple ought plan". Sound better? I think it rolls off the tongue nice.:)I think we "ought" not. ;)

Triple 0's echo Cain like Clinton's "Yes We Will" echoed Obama's "Yes We Can." It didn't help Clinton and further promoted Obama. Triple 0 would do the same for us: it would give Cain the very power we want to keep from him.

I know others disagree with my assessment, but I really think we need to stay away from using Cainsian-esque language just as we stay away from Keynesian economics.

"Tax Free America" is a way to promote 000 without saying 000. So if you want to undercut 999, then we should use alternative language instead of echoing language.

Peace&Freedom
10-12-2011, 12:01 PM
But Paul saying 0-0-0 in direct response to Cain mouthing off about 9-9-9 would be an excellent way to steal his thunder on the issue. it would have the same effect as the "Greenspan was a disaster" remark as an audience rousing line. Then he could follow up and say it's the "Tax Free America plan" in order to rebrand the message. Plus Paul is the only other candidate who could be calling for an elimination of taxes stance, so no other candidate will touch this unique and clean way to trump Cain.

Article V
10-12-2011, 12:13 PM
But Paul saying 0-0-0 in direct response to Cain mouthing off about 9-9-9 would be an excellent way to steal his thunder on the issue. it would have the same effect as the "Greenspan was a disaster" remark as an audience rousing line. Then he could follow up and say it's the "Tax Free America plan" in order to rebrand the message. Plus Paul is the only other candidate who could be calling for an elimination of taxes stance, so no other candidate will touch this unique and clean way to trump Cain.If Ron Paul did that in direct response; then yes, that would be good. I only object to echoing 000 as a regular slogan and grassroots dissemination device. But the way you lay it out would be work very well.