PDA

View Full Version : Focusing efforts

canbo82
10-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Hi all. I'm a long-time supporter of Ron Paul, and this is my first posting in the forums. I'm relatively new. Please forgive me if this has been addressed before.

This is something that's been on my mind today, and please correct me if my thinking is misguided. I feel like a lot of us are wasting time with internet efforts, such as posting comments on news articles, jamming internet polls, and arguing with non-supporters. I do not feel we should remain silent on these things, but I think that we need to re-think before we do such things and maybe keep them to a certain minimum. I keep seeing that we are annoying people, and we really need support right now. We have many battles to fight, but I think that we need to prioritize them. We cannot argue with every person that disagrees with us, or says that they don't like Ron Paul. And we cannot all vote on every poll that comes up on the internet. Does anyone have any ideas as to how we can prioritize our battles? If so, how can we reach others with this message? And again, if my thinking is misguided, please help me out.

Candy

harikaried
10-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I've been doing voter ID for people in New Hampshire through the campaign's Phone from Home Program:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?317029-Ron-Paul-Phone-from-Home-Program

Best thing people can do whenever they have free time, internet, and a phone.

This helps the campaign figure out who and what to focus on to Get Out The Vote.

canbo82
10-12-2011, 11:22 AM
That's great. I'll start doing that. Anyone else have any ideas?

CaptUSA
10-12-2011, 11:33 AM
That's great. I'll start doing that. Anyone else have any ideas?Do what you're good at, but do a lot of it! Each individual will be able to help in their own manner, but as long as they remain active, we'll be in good shape. The only problem we'll have is if people think someone else will do it.

There are several good ideas througout these forums - find the ones that suit you best and then give them your all!

Use the phone from home program
Join a meetup group
Engage in the sign bombs
Promote RP online
DONATE DONATE DONATE
Convince your family and friends to help
Wear your Ron Paul gear out in public and talk to people
Tabling at a local event
Go door to door canvassing

There are plenty more ideas, but just do SOMETHING. Work as hard as you can on your efforts, and don't worry about what efforts somebody else is doing that you think are wastes of time. I'd rather have them wasting their time trying to promote RP, than wasting their time picking their noses while we all lose our liberty. Do what you do best! Welcome and good luck!

Elwar
10-12-2011, 11:50 AM
We are all individuals. We have different priorities.

canbo82
10-12-2011, 05:44 PM
So what would you say our priorities are? I mean, getting him elected is our end-goal. But what are the things that we need to get there? I'd say:

1) Money (donating, promoting BTO)
2) Voters (engaging in civil discussions with non-supporters; talking to friends and family)
3) Delegates (becoming delegates with our state)
4) Educating ourselves (reading articles, books, and watching informative videos)
5) Promoting awareness (wearing gear, profile pictures on Facebook, sign bombs)

Going back to my original point - we need to do our best to help our fellow supporters keep these priorities in mind. If our actions aren't helping us in one of these three things, maybe we should reconsider. If we notice someone arguing with a non-supporter, and the conversation is going nowhere, it would be in our best interest to help that person get involved in something more productive. If we see 3,000 people voting in a poll, tell them about the phone program. Tell them about Meetup. Tell them about the forums. I wouldn't be bothered if it was just one or two people jamming online polls and arguing, but...it's a lot of them. We need to be there for them and help them to do something that will help us win.