PDA

View Full Version : I can't find the option to turn off automatic thread updates. I want to participate.

Matthew Zak
10-11-2011, 06:53 PM
If I can't turn off automatic thread updates I'm going to delete the forums from my bookmarks.

axiomata
10-11-2011, 07:29 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

check all then change subscription to control panel only

Matthew Zak
10-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't quite follow... I see a drop down menu on the right side, I changed that to "All"... but there is no option anywhere to change anything that says "subscription" to "control panel only".

axiomata
10-11-2011, 07:46 PM
at the bottom right there's a button called "Selected Threads" with a down arrow. If you click on it it gives you options on how to receive notifications of thread updates. CP only is an option.

Matthew Zak
10-11-2011, 07:52 PM
I honestly do not have such a button, or arrow. Could this be because I have never actually subscribed to a thread?

I'm going to try subscribing to a thread to see if I get a new menu.

Matthew Zak
10-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Oh I get it... you can only turn off automatic updates to threads you've subscribed to.

I will check back in with Libery Forest from time to time to see if they have removed the 20 second refresh for all threads. I won't be subscribing to every single thread just to dodge the automatic update.

At least there's google+!

InTradePro
10-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I honestly do not have such a button, or arrow. Could this be because I have never actually subscribed to a thread?

I'm going to try subscribing to a thread to see if I get a new menu.

^ This. Your not alone, there is no such option for me.

Schiff_FTW
10-11-2011, 07:58 PM
relax guys, it's probably just for the debate so people reading the "official thread" don't bog down the server by constantly refreshing

trey4sports
10-11-2011, 07:59 PM
terrible, terrible way to improve the site. difficult to follow.

Razmear
10-11-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure auto-refreshing 400 posts is saving any bandwidth. I left on page 10 and came back with it auto refreshing about 400 posts since the last commercial break. I hope it goes away soon.

bunklocoempire
10-11-2011, 08:02 PM
relax guys, it's probably just for the debate so people reading the "official thread" don't bog down the server by constantly refreshing

Relax!?!! Relax!!? On debate night!!??

Lol!

I gotta figure this auto-refresh thing out and kill it, I'm old and don't handle change well! Still, very grateful for the forums! :)

Bunkloco

bunklocoempire
10-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Ooohhh, I see...

Okay, okay, I'll send RPF's some dough!

*gulp* lemme go talk to the wife....;)

Bunkloco

ZanZibar
10-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah thumbs down on this "improvement".

Razmear
10-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Apparently it lets banned people post too, double thumbs down

r3volution
10-11-2011, 08:11 PM
it is impossible to post using the quick reply in the debate thread . big fail .

Bern
10-11-2011, 08:24 PM
There are two things you need to do. The first is to change your default thread subscription mode:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Change the default thread subscription to "no email".

The second is to change the status of your existing thread subscriptions. For each page here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/subscription.php

click the box at the top right of the page (in the header right after the word notification). That should check all of the boxes on the page. After the boxes are checked, scroll down to the bottom of the list and click the "Selected Threads" button. Then select "Through my control panel only" and click the "Go" button. Repeat for any additional pages in your thread subscription list.