PDA

View Full Version : Saw this on the DP: Give us Ron or get Obama.

Butchie
10-11-2011, 12:17 PM
I've kinda been thinking this same thing myself and have even been saying it on some message boards to Neocons, with the primaries being moved up we have even less time to educate people and let's face it some don't even want to be educated, so maybe is it time to just say fine, I don't understand you, never will, but if beating Obama is what you hold most near and dear then you better nominate Ron Paul or we'll throw in with Obama you will lose for sure?

Just wondering how you guys think, I would probably get sick voting for Obama but honestly him, Romney, Perry, does it even matter, not to metion we could just threaten the GOP with it and still write in Paul if they don't listen.

http://www.dailypaul.com/182305/memo-to-republican-national-committee-give-us-ron-paul-or-we-will-give-you-obama

Bruno
10-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Sounds like a very familiar thread here.... :D

Lots of ground covered here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?318200-Attention-Media-and-GOP-quot-No-one-but-Paul-quot-POLL-ADDED

No One But Paul!!

NeoconTea
10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Are you serious? That's the worst idea ever. Yeah, let's pit Ron AGAINST the GOP. That's how you guarantee a loss.

Butchie
10-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Are you serious? That's the worst idea ever. Yeah, let's pit Ron AGAINST the GOP. That's how you guarantee a loss.

The GOP is already AGAINST HIM, or haven't you noticed?

NeoconTea
10-11-2011, 05:37 PM
They aren't going to vote for him when his supporters appear to be on Obama's side.

trey4sports
10-11-2011, 05:39 PM
If Ron doesn't get the nom. then i suspect there will be many who vote Obama just so Rand has a shot in '16

tribute_13
10-11-2011, 05:49 PM
I agree. I hate Obama but I will ensure the democrats another administration if it meant Rand having his shot in 2016 if that's really what it takes.

Jandrsn21
10-11-2011, 05:54 PM
I cannot conscientiously vote for the lesser of two evils. If it is Obama vs Perry/Romney/Cain, I'm just not voting!

torchbearer
10-11-2011, 06:03 PM
If Ron doesn't get the nom. then i suspect there will be many who vote Obama just so Rand has a shot in '16

in that sense, it would be better for obama to win. if a rino takes the office and finishes off this economy. the repubs will be blamed for it and uber-obama gets elected and we go into facism overdrive.
paul or nothing.

Cleaner44
10-11-2011, 08:01 PM
No One But Paul!

Either Ron in 2012 or Rand in 2016.

If the neocons think we are going away after this election they are very mistaken. The R3volution continues...

We will not return the GOP to it's roots by voting for Romney, Perry or Cain.

speciallyblend
10-11-2011, 08:39 PM
No One But Paul!

Either Ron in 2012 or Rand in 2016.

If the neocons think we are going away after this election they are very mistaken. The R3volution continues...

We will not return the GOP to it's roots by voting for Romney, Perry or Cain.

they can take that to the fed;)

DinahWest
10-11-2011, 08:45 PM
This is what makes me question the sincerity of some RP supporters.

If RP can't win, then throw in the towel for freedom and liberty?
This cause and message is bigger than RP, but is he the only one that knows this?

What I have sworn to myself is that I will not be voting lesser of two evil's anymore.
Meaning, if for President RP is not on the ballot, I will write his name in. My vote many
may see cast in vain, but to my conscious I know it would be right.

For me it isn't RP or vote for Obama.
For me its give me RP or I support neither GOP or DEM for President.

torchbearer
10-11-2011, 08:47 PM

This cause and message is bigger than RP, but is he the only one that knows this?

What I have sworn to myself is that I will not be voting lesser of two evil's anymore.
Meaning, if for President RP is not on the ballot, I will write his name in. My vote many

in 2008 and I helped get Ron Paul on our state presidential ballot. we had a slate of electors for him whether he got the gop nomination or not.
have you thought ahead?

DinahWest
10-11-2011, 09:01 PM
in 2008 and I helped get Ron Paul on our state presidential ballot. we had a slate of electors for him whether he got the gop nomination or not.
have you thought ahead?

No, I hadn't. This is news to me. I'm gonna do some research.
Thanks!

The Free Hornet
10-11-2011, 09:04 PM

If I thought for one second that any other candidate would so much as shrink the actual budget, then I would support them. The actual budget in unadjusted, unprojected numbers. Just spend less damn money. The best chance is to get a House or Senate or President with balls. This won't happen if you allow the so-called lesser of two evils to prevail. The house members need to know that their job is lost if they increase the debt ceiling or pass an unbalanced budget. How will that happen if you elect someone just because they're not Obama.

Added: The biggest mistake a minority can make is to consistently give one political party its support without getting anything in return. The freedom seekers (many libertarians excluded) have too often supported Republicans and have gotten shafted at every opportunity. Voting the same way and expecting different results might be construed as being "brainwashed".

Butchie
10-17-2011, 09:21 PM

I'd say you completely misunderstood what I said.

TheTexan
10-17-2011, 09:24 PM
No one but paul. The other "candidates" are mere specks of dust on Paul's tapestry of freedom.

LibertasPraesidium
10-17-2011, 09:28 PM
@bxm042 they are less than specks and don't deserve my vote. RON PAUL OR REVOLUTION.

donnay
10-17-2011, 09:29 PM
No One But Paul! The GOP shun us we will shun them back! Either back Paul or be prepared for another four years of Obama!

CJLauderdale4
10-17-2011, 09:30 PM
in that sense, it would be better for obama to win. if a rino takes the office and finishes off this economy. the repubs will be blamed for it and uber-obama gets elected and we go into facism overdrive.
paul or nothing.

Exactly! I've told folks that if we don't have a clear constitutional candidate this go around, I'm voting for the candidate that will screw everyone the quickest. At least this way, I know what to expect, what to prepare for, and what people will eager to see come 2016. Of course in Alabama / Tennessee area, this means hillbillies buying canned food and bullets...

Anyone who thinks a RINO will make anything better in this country is delusional.