PDA

View Full Version : Converted a good friend to Ron Paul this weekend.

quickmike
11-05-2007, 06:54 PM
This friend has known for quite some time that I have been a supporter and always kinda laughed about the whole thing. He didnt see Ron as having a chance and sorta looked at him as a kook without even really doing any investigating for himself. He is also one of those guys that kind of supported the war because we need the oil, but also knows its not the best thing for our country to be over there.

Anyway, I was up in my hometown in Indiana visiting him and his family this weekend and brought my laptop with me. I showed him the Jay Leno appearance and he started watching it and kinda walked around doing other things but still listened to the audio. A few minutes later he sat down at my laptop while I was watching the Patriots kick the Colts ass and he checked it out again. By the time I was getting ready to leave he said " You know what? I like Ron Paul now." I asked him why he took him seriously all of the sudden and he said that he just seemed like such a common sense guy that seemed very likeable and friendly and trustworthy and seemed to have a good sense of humor about himself.

I asked him if he was going to vote for him and he said "oh yeah, for sure. He seems like he doesnt just say what he thinks you want to hear and actually believes in his positions" Not those exact words, but that was the jist of it.

I felt pretty good about that one.