PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg predebate article leaves out Ron, deletes comments

mczerone
10-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I was just commenting on Bloomberg's article today (Perry, Cain Romney Compete For Advantage (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-11/perry-cain-romney-to-vie-for-advantage-on-economy-in-debate.html)) that gave a predebate overview of ALL the GOP candidates, except for Ron, of course.

Most comments to the article were very good, pointing out the lack of Paul and the bias. So guess what happened - they didn't just close the comments or moderate away the bulk of the pro-Paul ones; they simply deleted the entire comment thread!

I sent an email to the editor (msilva34@bloomberg.net) asking for an explanation, will post any response I get.

ETA: Either a false alarm, or Bloomberg put the comments back up.

Steve-in-NY
10-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Id like to see the explanation, but Id also like to start a total spin campaign as well.
Maybe if we started spinning the stories to not include Ron Pauls name, they would be forced to answer, and might even come out and say "We didnt mean to censor Cains support, just Ron Pauls" which would be epic.

"Bloomberg deletes comment thread due to pro-Cain comments"
"Bloomberg censors Rick Perry supporters comments on article"
"Romneys followers comments deleted in pre-debate article"

what do you think?

seapilot
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Remember the media picks presidents, the voters think they have choice between media darling 1 or 2.

During the time of the soviet union a defector was talking to a person in the USA about the current news. The Russian said" The difference between the people of the soviet union and USA is we know its propaganda in the news media yet people in america actually believe it".

TheDriver
10-11-2011, 10:24 AM
The media is the enemy.

ronpaulhawaii
10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
I see 87 comments

mczerone
10-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I see 87 comments

Cool. I wasn't picking them up on my laptop or mobile. Maybe they put them back up.