PDA

View Full Version : It may be time to start vetting senators and congressmen

troyd1
11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Ron Paul will need some help once he is president. There needs to be a vetting commitee to promote the correct senators and congressmen.

Some conditions:
1) Will follow the constitution
2) Honest (may be hard to find)
3) Will work to keep the money out of Washington

Feel free to post more!

Dlynne
11-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Or we can start running our own candidates.

constituent
11-05-2007, 06:54 PM
their salary would be enough to keep me honest. i don't know what's wrong w/ people that they can't live off that, it's a shame.

ConstitutionGal
11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
I think we need to keep this grassroots effort going and see which forum members might be willing to run for congressional seats to give aide to President Paul!! We have some folks here who are certainly smart enough and, I believe, principled enough to warrant our support.

Dlynne
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
We ought to concentrate on running state candidates, or running for state offices. Then, focus on our state asserting their rights viz a viz the feds.

TheEvilDetector
11-05-2007, 07:12 PM
By the time nominations take place meetup will have 100K supporters or thereabouts.

It would be good if 1% decided to run for federal congress seats and the rest supported them in the respective areas

Do not fight the city hall, be the city hall

max
11-05-2007, 07:13 PM
we need to pwn both parties....we need a looby every bit as intimidating...well funded...and organized as the israel lobby

theknightshift
11-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I think we need to keep this grassroots effort going and see which forum members might be willing to run for congressional seats to give aide to President Paul!! We have some folks here who are certainly smart enough and, I believe, principled enough to warrant our support.

Something I wrote earlier this evening: It doesn't stop with Ron Paul (RUN FOR OFFICE YOURSELF!) (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32089)

MS0453
11-05-2007, 07:16 PM
We ought to concentrate on running state candidates, or running for state offices. Then, focus on our state asserting their rights viz a viz the feds.

Yes! It is much more important to have free communities/states. We have to remember that the libertarian credo is from the bottom up and not from the top down, so to speak.

kill the banks
11-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Ron Paul will need some help once he is president. There needs to be a vetting commitee to promote the correct senators and congressmen.

Some conditions:
1) Will follow the constitution
2) Honest (may be hard to find)
3) Will work to keep the money out of Washington

Feel free to post more!

start a web site listing all bilderberg , CFR , etc members and why NOT to vote for them

kill the banks

gjdavis60
11-05-2007, 07:17 PM
I think one thing that can be done is to defeat all incumbents regardless of party. After several cycles the parties' leadership will be weakened enough that representatives will be able to vote for their constituents' interests without fear of intimidation or reprisal from their party.

torchbearer
11-05-2007, 07:31 PM
i'm running for office (again), does that count?