PDA

View Full Version : SC Primary: Cain 26%, Romney 25%, Perry 15%... Developing...

RonPaulFanInGA
10-11-2011, 08:53 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://americanresearchgroup.com/

bobbyw24
10-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Wow Ron Paul is at 7% overall and 3% with the Tea Party type

This strategy of converting the GOP needs a lot of work in the South

rich34
10-11-2011, 08:57 AM
SC voting for Hermain Cain? I don't buy that shit for one minute, sorry....

rich34
10-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Aside from that, tonight's debate should be a blood bath. Everyone should be going after everyone. And Ron needs to attack Cain over who the real economic professor is. "Mr. Cain, while you were chairman of the federal reserve bank of KC, I was writing books about how flawed keynesian economics is and how it's contributing to the downfall of our great nation, also, while you were out here support TARP I was voting against it warning about the dangers of bailing out all these banks" If Ron can say something like this tonight, BOOYA. If that statement right there won't get him a boost of 4 to 5 points, nothing will...

MomsBasement
10-11-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm in SC and have heard nothing negative about Cain. My dad loves him.

Brett85
10-11-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm in SC and have heard nothing negative about Cain. My dad loves him.

Mine too. My dad said he might even send him some money if he stays high in the polls.

ronpaulhawaii
10-11-2011, 10:27 AM
The left is using OWS to rile people up about Corporatists... IOW, they are energizing their base against Mitt/Herm... Either of them will get crushed by Obama in the developing environment.

Also of note is that Cain is avoiding talking about all of his business experiance. Since the Fed issue may be a non-starter with many, this bit of news may be more effective

http://atlantapost.com/2011/05/25/a-real-reason-to-be-mad-at-herman-cain/

For certain we need to do a LOT more work in the south, courting the GOP base...

sailingaway
10-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Cain is being so pumped by media this isn't a shock in the slightest, he is the flavor of the weak for this set of voters. Ron is about where he was, I think. Cain is the Perry is the Bachmann is the Cain (prior) is the Trump.

Control of the media is awfully compelling.

LibertyIn08
10-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Dr. Paul should stay above the fray and let the rest tear into Cain.

NIU Students for Liberty
10-11-2011, 10:40 AM

Why should he have to depend on someone else when he can finally stand out in an economic debate? If he stands idly by, then whoever the other candidate that goes after Cain is just going to receive the spotlight. Paul was the one that got the ball rolling on Perry so Cain should be no exception, especially when he's an incredibly easy target at this point. Cain has never received this much spotlight and so when he has to go on the defensive against Paul's economic charges, he won't be able to hide behind his speeches.

John F Kennedy III
10-11-2011, 10:46 AM
The left is using OWS to rile people up about Corporatists... IOW, they are energizing their base against Mitt/Herm... Either of them will get crushed by Obama in the developing environment.

Also of note is that Cain is avoiding talking about all of his business experiance. Since the Fed issue may be a non-starter with many, this bit of news may be more effective

http://atlantapost.com/2011/05/25/a-real-reason-to-be-mad-at-herman-cain/

For certain we need to do a LOT more work in the south, courting the GOP base...

Obama will crush any of the GOP except Paul. Paul is the only one not designed to lose to Obama.

MomsBasement
10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Cain has very high likeability. I think it's a terrible idea to attack him. It would make Ron look like a grumpy old man.

AuH20
10-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Obama will crush any of the GOP except Paul. Paul is the only one not designed to lose to Obama.

Obama is almost below 40 percent in some polls. He's incredibly weak and K street is switching sides quick.

Merk
10-11-2011, 10:53 AM

Ron will need to be asked a question for that to happen. Sorry, but get ready for total frustration with the media blackout tonight. It'll be 40 minutes before they give Ron a question and then it will be a curveball or meaningless fluff.

D.A.S.
10-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Cain has very high likeability. I think it's a terrible idea to attack him. It would make Ron look like a grumpy old man.

Ron is already seen as a grumpy old man. Look, Ron has NOTHING to lose at this point and everything to gain. They already tore into his soft support with the "let him die" crap, the "fence to keep people in" crap, and the neocon foreign policy attack. His national polls have lost just about all he could lose. Now is the time to go on the offensive and do some more record-checking like he did with Perry.

fatjohn
10-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Mine too. My dad said he might even send him some money if he stays high in the polls.

Wow such an active member on the forums but your dad being so delusioned (to tired to check if its a word cut me some slack). Maybe you should take to him a bit more often.

PaulConventionWV
10-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Aside from that, tonight's debate should be a blood bath. Everyone should be going after everyone. And Ron needs to attack Cain over who the real economic professor is. "Mr. Cain, while you were chairman of the federal reserve bank of KC, I was writing books about how flawed keynesian economics is and how it's contributing to the downfall of our great nation, also, while you were out here support TARP I was voting against it warning about the dangers of bailing out all these banks" If Ron can say something like this tonight, BOOYA. If that statement right there won't get him a boost of 4 to 5 points, nothing will...

Oh, hush. Only the media can give him a boost. Nothing he says is going to change the electorate overnight. You don't have all the answers.

Romulus
10-11-2011, 11:25 AM

Cain can get grumpy REAL quick if you press him.

Ron needs to attack Cain's new tax plans by simply saying "We don't need any new taxes!"

Ron attacked Perry and he went down. Ron needs to address the fairy tale that is Cain to deflate him. Time to wake more people up Ron - Cain just needs one bad debate and he will sink again. Go Ron Go.

John F Kennedy III
10-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Obama is almost below 40 percent in some polls. He's incredibly weak and K street is switching sides quick.

Obama would eat Perry alive even if Obama is at 20%. Romney flip flops so much Obama would have an easy time making him look like a fool. Cain might have a chance but he isn't really in this to win. And besides Paul, that's it.

The x factor is the global elite. If they decide it would hurt them to use Obama as their puppet for 4 more years then they will shit can him. Going by his actions lately, maybe they already have. Or maybe he was only intended to be a one term president. Judging by his actions in office, this certainly seems to be the case.

Give me liberty
10-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Wow 26% for Cain? sorry i am not buying that it makes it look that the all the elections are fixed then.

26% sounds pretty small where are the rest of 59% eh? avoiding the election?

RonPaulRules
10-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Cain is popular in Georgia, Florida and SC... His Radio show gave him a lot of fans.

satchelmcqueen
10-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Wow such an active member on the forums but your dad being so delusioned (to tired to check if its a word cut me some slack). Maybe you should take to him a bit more often.my dads the same way. hes heard me talk ron up for years but still doesnt take paul serious because paul doesnt talk more about god...or doesnt want to stay in the middle east. some people will not change.

Bobcat
10-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Anyone who votes for Cain better get ready for a few things if he becomes president....

- The Federal Reserve will not change, and will keep printing money. Hence, the inflation tax will increase!

- He wants to push an ADDITIONAL 9% national sales tax on every citizen. Hence, the tax you make on every purchase will skyrocket!

- Do you oppose the wars in Iraq? Do you oppose the Patriot Act? If you vote for Herman Cain, nothing will change!

Herman Cain is another BIG GOVERNMENT Republican. I do not understand how ANY Republican can support someone who wants to impose a 9% national sales tax ON TOP of an income tax!

How difficult is it to see through his nonsense!

NO TEA PARTY CANDIDATE CAN CALL FOR ANY NEW TAX!

MRoCkEd
10-11-2011, 11:53 AM
SC is simply not the state for us.

Keep the field divided. We need to pull out some nice showings in NH and IA...

Bobcat
10-11-2011, 12:00 PM
We need to put all of our resources into early primary states. Once we win them, we can gain new supporters, we can have more money bombs, and win states like SC. The problem with folks in SC, is they don't know what Ron Paul is all about. If we expose the fact he is the only candidate that wants to abolish the income tax and replace it with NOTHING -- instead of creating a NEW national tax -- we will gain supporters.

Butchie
10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Cain can get grumpy REAL quick if you press him.

Ron needs to attack Cain's new tax plans by simply saying "We don't need any new taxes!"

Ron attacked Perry and he went down. Ron needs to address the fairy tale that is Cain to deflate him. Time to wake more people up Ron - Cain just needs one bad debate and he will sink again. Go Ron Go.

Perry did not go down because of Ron, he went down because he shot himself in the foot like most (including me) said he would, Ron should not lower himself to those silly childish attacks, he is "the only grown-up in the room" and that's what I love about him, not to mention how many money bombs did we waste on that Anti-Perry ad which was completely pointless since Perry would have imploded himself anyway, just like I'm sure Cain will, Ron should leave him be and stick to the message.

Bossobass
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
SOUTH CAROLINA DEFENSE CONTRACTS STATS:

Dollar Amount of Defense Contracts Awarded to Contractors in this State from 2000 to 2010 $21,495,162,447

Number of Defense Contracts Awarded to Contractors in this State from 2000 to 2010 38,522

Number of Defense Contractors in this State 3,143

Number of Counties in this State 46

Annual Defense Spending awarded to SC defense contractors has gone up six fold in the last decade. Ron says "End illegal wars, bring to troops home and cut empire (defense) spending". I've been to virtually every city in SC for RP and I can tell ya, there's little hope of turning the GOP arms dealers to Ron. I wish RP "supporters" would get with the program and start a serious recruiting program aimed at "un-likely" GOP voters (like I was as an apathetic, apolitical non-registered American in 2007) because they represent the largest demographic by far and would be time, money and effort much better spent.

This is the same problem in Iowa where the corn lobby sucks billions out of the federal budget. Ron says "Get rid of the Department of Agriculture" and "I'm against farm subsidies".

IOWA SUBSIDIES STATS:

$22.3 billion in subsidies 1995-2010.

$15.5 billion in commodity subsidies.

$2.89 billion in crop insurance subsidies.

$3.39 billion in conservation subsidies.

$556 million in disaster subsidies.

Where there is free billions flowing, there is corruption. I've seen it in both states. Many here live in denial regarding the corruption of the elections process, media and media sponsored polls being at the top of the list. I do not.

Bosso

Bobcat
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
I think an ad exposing how Cain was a Federal Reserve member and wants to add an additional tax would be great.

I do not think it should be the only ad.

We need a balance between positive ads, and negative ads.

KingRobbStark
10-11-2011, 12:10 PM
SC voting for Cain...interesting. The media is good.

Romulus
10-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Perry did not go down because of Ron, he went down because he shot himself in the foot like most (including me) said he would, Ron should not lower himself to those silly childish attacks, he is "the only grown-up in the room" and that's what I love about him, not to mention how many money bombs did we waste on that Anti-Perry ad which was completely pointless since Perry would have imploded himself anyway, just like I'm sure Cain will, Ron should leave him be and stick to the message.

How's that working out for us? Cain is too smooth of a talker to hurt himself.

And it would give Ron more air time. He needs to call out Cain on TARP and wanting to give us new Taxes - The Tea Party no like...

ronpaul12
10-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Media coverage goes a long way.

FA.Hayek
10-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't think most people care about the FED, although it's been getting more and more attention (to a point other candidates start talking about it).. If you start pushing the FED issue on your average republican / cain supporter, they'll just dismiss you as a crazy Ron Paul supporter. We need to start attacking Cain on where the average voter will relate (don't push Ron Paul issues), like banker bailouts, flip-flopping on the terrorist killing, his insane 999 plan, and THEN bring up the FED

Razmear
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
We need to start asking SC voters if they want to start paying a 15% sales tax on everything they buy(9 + the current 6%)? I can't see that aspect of his 999 plan going over very well here.

eb

Tod
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM

NO WAY! This is his chance to shine! C'mon...here we have the guy who predicted the collapse of the housing bubble six years prior vs the guy in denial a week prior and you suggest he shouldn't bring that..and more....up?

Tod
10-11-2011, 12:41 PM
In my opinion, part of the reason Dr. Paul is perceived by many to be weak on defense is that in these debates he almost never even lobs easy shots at his debate opponents. He needs to show some fire in the belly!

Defense was the objection raised on the local FB tea party page: seen as weak.

Razmear
10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Having fun on the Cain FB page :) Pretending to like a candidate while pointing out flaws in his plans is a nice way to spend a rainy afternoon.

eb

chri5opher
10-11-2011, 01:10 PM
//

HOLLYWOOD
10-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Wow Ron Paul is at 7% overall and 3% with the Tea Party type

This strategy of converting the GOP needs a lot of work in the SouthSo... how come the best campaign staff people are not put into the state to increase support/polling/etc? Usually when you are doing poorly you ramp-up.

Too bad there wasn't a NASCAR race happening @ Darlington to reach the SC audiences. A visit to a few of the USAF bases/VFW halls wouldn't hurt.