PDA

View Full Version : Is Drudge Going to Start a Designated Corner to Promote Herman Cain?

AGRP
10-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Its been nothing but Cain promotion for the past week within the same area.

I don't think he published one story about Paul's Value Voters win.

AuH20
10-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Cain is hot right now. You can't avoid his momentum.

CaptainAmerica
10-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Cain is not hot,its because the media pretends he is that he even registered above 10 percent.

AuH20
10-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Cain is not hot,its because the media pretends he is that he even registered above 10 percent.

Cain has been propelled by the failings of Romney and Perry. If he falls apart, the next one below him will move up.

AGRP
10-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Cain is hot right now. You can't avoid his momentum.

Momentum from what?

AuH20
10-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Momentum from what?

The Florida debate and poll. His positions suck and he'd be a poor candidate, but you can't tell me that he isn't trending upward?

AGRP
10-11-2011, 08:56 AM
The Florida debate and poll. His positions suck and he'd be a poor candidate, but you can't tell me that he isn't trending upward?

I can tell you're full of crap.

AuH20
10-11-2011, 08:58 AM
I can tell you're full of crap.

That's your answer? Do you know anything about how political campaigns work? Politics is about making voters feel good about themselves and Cain is good at this. He's the fallback candidate right now.

CaptainAmerica
10-11-2011, 09:00 AM
The Florida debate and poll. His positions suck and he'd be a poor candidate, but you can't tell me that he isn't trending upward?Cain was picked by the MSM to be propelled in Florida because of 1 straw poll....where was Ron Paul after the clear victory in California?no where to be heard of.

AuH20
10-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Cain was picked by the MSM to be propelled in Florida because of 1 straw poll....where was Ron Paul after the clear victory in California?no where to be heard of.

The MSM is riding the coattails of ever-changing public opinion. This didn't materialize out of thin air. Perry became a non-factor because of his shortcomings on a national stage and Cain being the charismatic bull-shit artist jumped into the opening. Not every shift in public opinion is being externally controlled.

Cleaner44
10-11-2011, 09:05 AM
That's your answer? Do you know anything about how political campaigns work? Politics is about making voters feel good about themselves and Cain is good at this. He's the fallback candidate right now.

He is the fallback candidate.

The bulk of GOP voters hate their choices and don't want to admit Ron Paul is right. They back nobody as they back anybody. Shift from Bachmann to Perry to Cain to...

AuH20
10-11-2011, 09:08 AM
He is the fallback candidate.

The bulk of GOP voters hate their choices and don't want to admit Ron Paul is right. They back nobody as they back anybody. Shift from Bachmann to Perry to Cain to...

Ron's problem is that he's been around for so long. Many people have a negative opinion of him before he even opens his mouth. A new candidate with a fresh slate could have gotten a portion of these votes. Once you're labeled in this business, it's tough to climb out of that hole.

CaptainAmerica
10-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Ron's problem is that he's been around for so long. Many people have a negative opinion of him before he even opens his mouth. A new candidate with a fresh slate could have gotten a portion of these votes. Once you're labeled in this business, it's tough to climb out of that hole. Once the media fucks with your image,and blacks you out they put a "don't go near that person" sign.

AuH20
10-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Once the media fucks with your image,and blacks you out they put a "don't go near that person" sign.

Yup. And people are naturally stubborn. Take away the negative persona entrenched in their mind and many would probably agree with him now. Somebody should go on the street and administer something of a blind "political" taste test.

No Free Beer
10-11-2011, 09:18 AM
I have posted a thread on this. A friend of mine has spoken to a former GOP insider. He told my friend that the GOP is pushing for Cain. If that fails, they will settle for Romney. The GOP has admitted to itself that Perry is all but done, same can be said about Bachmann. So, the MSM has picked up Cain because they believe they can control him. A straw poll victory and the falling of another candidate doesn't propel you how Cain's numbers have propelled him. It is a little of the straw poll, a little of Perry's fall, A LOT of the MSM. That should come to no surprise.

Cleaner44
10-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Yup. And people are naturally stubborn. Take away the negative persona entrenched in their mind and many would probably agree with him now. Somebody should go on the street and administer something of a blind "political" taste test.

If Cain were stating the same positions as Paul, word for word, he would be hailed and applauded.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Ron's problem is that he's been around for so long. Many people have a negative opinion of him before he even opens his mouth. A new candidate with a fresh slate could have gotten a portion of these votes. Once you're labeled in this business, it's tough to climb out of that hole.

That's pretty much it. Cain has that whole 'never been an elected politician' thing working for him.

Plus he's taking the hardest, most outspoken stance against the communists protesting Wall Street, while the other GOP candidates dilly-dally on the question. That is probably helping Cain right now too.

raystone
10-11-2011, 09:42 AM
It's seems we were played by Drudge with all of these earlier front page Ron Paul links.

A mainstream media strategy is to use headlines and stories that will elicit strong emotion and/or outrage. A winning Ron Paul and his foreign policy elicits outrage from many rank and file GOPers and Drudge readers. Maybe now Drudge thinks that novelty has worn off.

TomtheTinker
10-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Anybody who can't understand the fact that Cain is a big story right now(fairly or not) and also cant understand that it is drudge's job to report on conservative news is just denying reality and is being driven by their own personal bias.

Matthew5
10-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Anybody who can't understand the fact that Cain is a big story right now(fairly or not) and also cant understand that it is drudge's job to report on conservative news is just denying reality and is being driven by their own personal bias.

I agree. Drudge is simply an aggregator, not a news "producer". They're simply following what's hot in the MSM and Cain is hot in the MSM. Don't shoot the messenger.

Romulus
10-11-2011, 11:38 AM
No, Drudge easily steers the attention upon what candidates get, and he has been pumping up Cain big time.

Ron got a little picture on Sunday for winning the VVS and it was gone by Monday AM. Drudge blacked it out.

This folks is how Cain is winning.. he is the media darling and so many people will just go along with that. All this hype about his win in FL and NOTHING about Rons win = Cain leading in the polls... its not rocket science... people are being lead around and it works.

smithtg
10-11-2011, 11:42 AM
The FED will be a central issue in this campaign as Perry, Newt and others are spouting off RP points. No power hungry, face time, camera loving debate moderator is going to miss a chance to stab at Cain about his involvement with the KC fed. Also the guy is a loose cannon that while he will make some people happy, he is going to spout off things that will sink him.

Ron says 'unconventional' things according to the MSM but it doesnt sink him. That's because what he says is the truth. Building a pizza empire is not done by speaking the truth....

rp4prez
10-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Cain has been propelled by the failings of Romney and Perry. If he falls apart, the next one below him will move up.

Who would the media propel if Cain starts slipping? There's really no one else (well maybe Huntsman) and you know the media will never get behind RP.

smithtg
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Who would the media propel if Cain starts slipping? There's really no one else (well maybe Huntsman) and you know the media will never get behind RP.

that is what is going to make this election funny; when RP IS winning, they will only be able to report who got second.

wgadget
10-11-2011, 12:15 PM
The FED will be a central issue in this campaign as Perry, Newt and others are spouting off RP points. No power hungry, face time, camera loving debate moderator is going to miss a chance to stab at Cain about his involvement with the KC fed. Also the guy is a loose cannon that while he will make some people happy, he is going to spout off things that will sink him.

Ron says 'unconventional' things according to the MSM but it doesnt sink him. That's because what he says is the truth. Building a pizza empire is not done by speaking the truth....

What's REALLY funny though, is how some of these radio guys cite Cain's FED tenure as a POSITIVE. I just don't get it.

Time to EXPOSE Cain as the globalist banker that he is. I hope it happens tonight.

Zatch
10-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Drudge has stuff about Ron Paul so much that I'm pretty sure he's 100% in the tank for Ron Paul. They might as well call it the PAUL REPORT. Bitching about him giving Cain some attention just makes us look whiny and ungrateful.

Romulus
10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Drudge has stuff about Ron Paul so much that I'm pretty sure he's 100% in the tank for Ron Paul. They might as well call it the PAUL REPORT. Bitching about him giving Cain some attention just makes us look whiny and ungrateful.

I think he stiffed RP on the VV win.

And he promotes every little thing Cain says because it's 'controversial'.

smithtg
10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
lets sick Santorum on the Pizza man. Let them duke it out with razor pepperonis

AGRP
10-11-2011, 01:40 PM

I agree. Drudge is simply an aggregator, not a news "producer". They're simply following what's hot in the MSM and Cain is hot in the MSM. Don't shoot the messenger.

Im lost. Both of you have proof that Drudge published Ron Paul's Value Voter's win?

Romulus
10-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Im lost. Both of you have proof that Drudge published Ron Paul's Value Voter's win?

He published it on Sunday ONLY. A day late and dropped it completely off by Monday am. That is a stiff in my book. So you'll see no Drudge worship from me, until he redeems himself.

Matthew5
10-11-2011, 02:29 PM

Hmm, not sure when I said anything about the VV win, but ok. :p

Do I have a screen grab? No, but I recall there being something posted on Drudge about it.

Matthew5
10-11-2011, 02:35 PM
He published it on Sunday ONLY. A day late and dropped it completely off by Monday am. That is a stiff in my book. So you'll see no Drudge worship from me, until he redeems himself.

Does Drudge ever leave a single event up for more than a day on non-slow news days? Plus, isn't Sunday the best day to have a headline because of all the political sunday morning shows? Hardly seems like a stiff at all.

Cap
10-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Drudge had it up for less than 6 hours Sunday.

AGRP
10-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Does Drudge ever leave a single event up for more than a day on non-slow news days? Plus, isn't Sunday the best day to have a headline because of all the political sunday morning shows? Hardly seems like a stiff at all.

Cain has had his own corner going for this past month that started with his Florida poll win. Ever since then, it's been stories that have been up for days about staged tiffs with endless propaganda celebrities like Freeman, Garofalo, and Belifonte. Drudge may be a fan of Ron, but his controlling partners are currently at the wheel.

Romulus
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM
on Drudge now:

TOP CENTER:
BIG PIC OF CAIN:
I'M GOING AFTER ROMNEY

Drudge is showing its true colors.

But we do have the 2nd center line down. Hmm. Apparently, humbled integrity does not make for good news.

If Ron wants some airtime, he's got to get in there and mix it up with some bold, resounding truth bombs on these TARP supporting phonies.

AGRP
10-11-2011, 03:03 PM
on Drudge now:

TOP CENTER:
BIG PIC OF CAIN:
I'M GOING AFTER ROMNEY

Drudge is showing its true colors.

But we do have the 2nd center line down. Hmm. Apparently, humbled integrity does not make for good news.

Drudge prefers Ron Paul. He said it on his radio show and he was sincere. It's his controlling partners.

The occasional Drudge plug from Fox News comes with strings.

AGRP
10-11-2011, 03:19 PM
If Ron wants some airtime, he's got to get in there and mix it up with some bold, resounding truth bombs on these TARP supporting phonies.

Ron is the only one who has been throwing bombs.

He's going to have to throw major, unignorable, ones if he wants to break the matrix.

Romulus
10-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Ron is the only one who has been throwing bombs.

He's going to have to throw major, unignorable, ones if he wants to break the matrix.

I think when he is calling out the Pres for killing an American citizen, or these secret lists, THAT should be large front and center on Drudge, NOT Cain saying he's going after Romney...

The way I see it, Drudge is either showing favorites, or just parroting the official MSM narrative.

AGRP
10-11-2011, 03:32 PM
I think when he is calling out the Pres for killing an American citizen, or these secret lists, THAT should be large front and center on Drudge, NOT Cain saying he's going after Romney...

The way I see it, Drudge is either showing favorites, or just parroting the official MSM narrative.

The MSM narrative controls at least half of Drudge via Neocons / Fox News / Etc.

This is the true Drudge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln7gaOsNyac&feature=player_embedded

At the end of the day, his website is a business.

Romulus
10-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah... a business... that's such a horrible justification.

AGRP
10-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Yeah... a business... that's such a horrible justification.

Many people would sell their souls / dignity / etc. for a life of luxury...including Matt Drudge.

libertybrewcity
10-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Probably not, but I bet he has a secret corner in house dedicated to Herman...

*sploop*

HOLLYWOOD
10-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Made-Man... by the Mob

bolidew
10-11-2011, 05:48 PM
If Cain were stating the same positions as Paul, word for word, he would be hailed and applauded.

Well, delivery is important.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Made-Man... by the Mob

Godfather's Pizza. :eek:

Bruno
10-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Many people would sell their souls / dignity / etc. for a life of luxury...including Matt Drudge.

He has given Ron Paul's name hundreds of millions of views more than any other newsource.

AGRP
10-23-2011, 09:06 AM
I swear someone else has been running his site for the past couple months. The neocon tilt has become unbearable and Im considering removing it from the sites i frequent. Yesterday: Cain Straw Poll Win! Today: Islam Rising!

AGRP
10-25-2011, 03:04 PM
"NYTCBSNEWS POLL: CAIN TOPS ROMNEY..."

Meanwhile, no word of Paul's Ohio Straw Poll win :rolleyes:

DamianTV
10-25-2011, 05:27 PM
I cant believe that no one has pointed out that Cain used to be the Federal Reserve Chairman for the Kansas City branch in '95! And do we really need to wonder where the Media's Interests reallly lie?

moderate libertarian
10-30-2011, 12:57 PM

That makes no sense. If media scrutinized Cain on any important issue, he would fail. Listen to his contradictory ramblings on abortion, Iraq, Israel-Palestine, muslims in his government, gays in his government and on and on and guy comes across as a very confused individual or an hardcore idiot.

robert9712000
10-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Cains recent success has nothing to do with with his views to most people who go for him,the only reason they like him is because people dont have many status quo options left.After perry and bachman came off as being inept and they know romney cant beat obama because of romney care.There going with the most safe alternative.If Cain faulters they might gravitate to newt or santorum.All Cain needs to do too win the republican nomination is play safe and dont say much.People (the sheep)gladly support someone they know nothing about.As long as hes popular and viewed as a safe bet.

The reason paul isnt quite up there yet is because the masses arent in bad enough hard times. so his ideas are a threat to stability in there mind.The only way hell get mass appeal is if the economy crashes alot worse than last time and people wont be able to deny that our current system is broke.then theyll be willing to take a honest look at what the politicians are saying.

moderate libertarian
11-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Cains recent success has nothing to do with with his views to most people who go for him,..

Are you implying most GOPers who are supporting Cain are playing "race card" because Dems have a Black candidate?

On this OP question, from other thread:

Breitbart Endorses Cain/West For GOP Nomination

Apr 21, 2011 ... Conservative muckraker Andrew Breitbart said Thursday that he wants radio host
Herman Cain and Freshman Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) on the ...

www.talkradionews.com/.../breitbart-endorses-cainwest-for-gop-nomination.html

Bizarre Love Triangle: Breitbart, Reuters, and the Drudge Report

For years, Andrew Breitbart, second-in-command at the Drudge Report, labored in the shadows cast by his boss's legendary fedora. Now, he's known as a major media player in his own right, the architect of a burgeoning conservative news network that's far more ambitious than anything his boss has ever attempted. In 2005, he created Breitbart.com, a streamlined news portal that carries the latest articles from the Associated Press, UPI, and other major newswires.

http://gawker.com/5398176/bizarre-love-triangle-breitbart-reuters-and-the-drudge-report

BlackTerrel
11-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Are you implying most GOPers who are supporting Cain are playing "race card" because Dems have a Black candidate?

I don't see how he was implying it since he never mentioned race in his post but you've mentioned it a bunch of times now.

The idea that being black is helpful in a Republican primary is laughable.

moderate libertarian
11-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't see how he was implying it since he never mentioned race in his post but you've mentioned it a bunch of times now.

The idea that being black is helpful in a Republican primary is laughable.

If his views don't differentiate hom from rest of GOP lineup, other leading reason if I had to speculate would be his race.

Assuming you have good insight into race relations given your distinguishing alias, what do you think is the main reason Cain is leading GOP polls this week and not Donald Trump?

AGRP
11-06-2011, 03:50 PM

Im not sure exactly what you mean, but I support the idea that the same tactic is being used for Cain as was for Obama. Why do you think race is such a central issue when no one of significant importance has said anything racist about Cain. I believe Neocon Brietbart, I mean Drudge, has been running endless trashy racially motivated stories about Cain for the past month. The guilty "you're a racist if you don't vote/side for me" card is being playing yet again. Some progressive published an article about this sleazy game (Salon ?) and I agree.

Romulus
11-06-2011, 08:25 PM
well, no mention on Fudge of RP's straw poll victory.

Druck Fudge!

BlackTerrel
11-06-2011, 09:34 PM
If his views don't differentiate hom from rest of GOP lineup, other leading reason if I had to speculate would be his race.

Assuming you have good insight into race relations given your distinguishing alias, what do you think is the main reason Cain is leading GOP polls this week and not Donald Trump?

You're saying that Republicans are saying "this guy is ok but I like black people so much I'll just vote for this Cain guy"... ok.

Trump and Cain are not all that similar. Trump made a fool of himself with the whole birther thing for one.

moderate libertarian
11-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Im not sure exactly what you mean, but I support the idea that the same tactic is being used for Cain as was for Obama. Why do you think race is such a central issue when no one of significant importance has said anything racist about Cain. I believe Neocon Brietbart, I mean Drudge, has been running endless trashy racially motivated stories about Cain for the past month. The guilty "you're a racist if you don't vote/side for me" card is being playing yet again. Some progressive published an article about this sleazy game (Salon ?) and I agree.

I don't disagree with this. I was just trying to undertand that view explaining an idiot like Cain leading GOP polls.

You're saying that Republicans are saying "this guy is ok but I like black people so much I'll just vote for this Cain guy"... ok.

Trump and Cain are not all that similar. Trump made a fool of himself with the whole birther thing for one.

No, I'm saying I agree that Cain is not leading GOP because of his views on issues.

Are you implying Trump is a fool but Cain is not?

BlackTerrel
11-07-2011, 08:42 PM
No, I'm saying I agree that Cain is not leading GOP because of his views on issues.

And I'm saying Republicans don't vote for people "just because they are black" - that is stupid and simplistic.

Are you implying Trump is a fool but Cain is not?

Huh? I think both of those guys are pretty smart actually.