PDA

View Full Version : Excellent article that completely decontructs Cain's 9-9-9 plan

freejack
10-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Forward/send/post this article to anyone who thinks the 999 plan is a good idea.

Herman Cain’s 9-9-9 Tax Plan: Dangerous Stuff (http://drakeplaintalkplanning.wordpress.com/2011/10/06/herman-cain%E2%80%99s-9-9-9-tax-plan-dangerous-stuff/)

Sorry if this doesn't belong here. Just thought it would be a useful tool in our arsenal against Cain.

Apologies also if this has been posted before. Didn't find it with the forum search.

Sola_Fide
10-11-2011, 07:52 AM
It's not a serious proposal anyway.

freejack
10-11-2011, 07:56 AM

Unfortunately too many people think it is.

jkr
10-11-2011, 07:57 AM
nein!
nein!
nein!

JamesButabi
10-11-2011, 08:00 AM

Well seeing half of his debate hinges on 9-9-9 he should be held accountable and ridiculed on the stage for it.

10-11-2011, 08:05 AM
I really hope somebody rips the 999 apart tonight.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-11-2011, 08:13 AM
9-9-9 plan?

More like:
nein!
nein!
nein!

That's German for NO!

jason43
10-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Now that Cain is a "serious candidate" according to the masters in the media, he will be taken apart just like the others. Fear not.

Carole
10-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Should not Ron Paul be made aware of this article? This could be very useful in the debate.

Low- and middle-income taxpayers would get hammered under the 9-9-9 plan. The existing mean combined income and payroll tax rate for the lowest forty percent of earners is now less than five percent. Cain’s plan would slap them with a flat nine percent income tax and a nine percent national sales tax on their retail purchases, and the tax credits that now reward (literally pay) many in the lowest 40 percent would be gone. Even those in next forty percent of earners would end up paying more. The only winners under the plan would be the top 20 percent of all income earners and corporations.

2. The plan would be the ultimate dream scenario for the rich – a flat nine percent income tax rate, tax-free capital gains and dividends, and no more estate tax worries. Sure, there would be a new sales tax, but unlike normal working Americans, the rich don’t spend a huge portion of their incomes on retail purchases. The political result is that Cain’s nomination would be a godsend for Obama, whose only hope (he has nothing else) is a relentless class warfare campaign that portrays him as the savior of the low- and middle-income classes. Obama would have a heyday educating the public about the Cain’s 9-9-9 plan and leveraging undisputable, powerful ammunition to demonize the Republicans as the guardians of the rich. And even if Cain prevailed in a dual with Obama and, by some miracle, got his plan pushed through the Congress, it would just be a matter of time before working Americans discover that they’ve been duped and demand huge changes. The likely result would be more tax chaos, radical U-turns, and debilitating uncertainty that would badly hurt the economy.

Aratus
10-11-2011, 03:43 PM
a 000 or 111 or 222
or 333 plan is safer?

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Just ask any Republican if they want Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi to get their hands on a National Sales Tax. This is absolutely insane that Republicans believe 9-9-9 is a good plan. Why on Earth would you want to give the Federal Government another avenue to take more money from you. They then cheer and applaud such simplistic sloganeering and platitudes. I have been coming to a position that if Ron doesn't win the nomination I want nothing to do with the vast majority of these folks. No political bonds. No cultural bonds. It's time to rally the movement together and call for Independence, and is why I support and am a member of the Free State Project. At some point you just have to realize that the culture is decayed, the people are morally bankrupt, and the political system is tyrannous and unable to be reformed -- at that point there exists only one solution, independence.
'

Aratus
10-11-2011, 03:55 PM
000 or 111 is better?

Liberty74
10-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Wow, some of you are buying right into the Left's propaganda of class warfare as that article.

Those that don't pay taxes (48% of households pay zero income taxes and millions of them receive direct welfare not counted in the budget), yet sucking the system dry, need to start pulling their weight until we slowly roll back all of the spending at the federal level.

Why are some of you RP supporters opposed to this idea?

tangent4ronpaul
10-11-2011, 04:27 PM
What I like is that it throws the tax code out the window but yes - it's a tax increase for most people. That would be horrible for the overall economy.

Also, 9% of what you earn, then 9% of the 91% the gvmt lets you keep and you get to pay state taxes on top of that. So that's what? a 25% tax depending on state tax rate?

I don't see anything in here that lets the 48% that don't pay taxes an ability to keep not doing that. I don't see any basic deductable in this plan - I just see a lot more bankruptsy and a worse economy with the gvmt raking in more.

-t

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Wow, some of you are buying right into the Left's propaganda of class warfare as that article.

Those that don't pay taxes (48% of households pay zero income taxes and millions of them receive direct welfare not counted in the budget), yet sucking the system dry, need to start pulling their weight until we slowly roll back all of the spending at the federal level.

Why are some of you RP supporters opposed to this idea?

You will find that most of us agree with Ron Paul that we are 52% of the way there to abolishing Income Tax. We have a spending glut, not a revenue (taxation) deficit.

There is no left, or right, only liberty vs tyranny, the State vs You. No one here has a problem with the rich paying less taxes (were all for less taxes), we have a problem raising taxes on anyone for any reason. NO MORE TAXES. None.

I should ask, why are you in support of raising taxes?

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-11-2011, 04:42 PM
What I like is that it throws the tax code out the window but yes - it's a tax increase for most people. That would be horrible for the overall economy.

Also, 9% of what you earn, then 9% of the 91% the gvmt lets you keep and you get to pay state taxes on top of that. So that's what? a 25% tax depending on state tax rate?

I don't see anything in here that lets the 48% that don't pay taxes an ability to keep not doing that. I don't see any basic deductable in this plan - I just see a lot more bankruptsy and a worse economy with the gvmt raking in more.

-t

You honestly believe a National Sales tax would ever stay at 9% or the Income tax? This is why I just scoff at most of the fools who believe this crap. Tax rates can be changed at any time. You don't think Hillary would raise your taxes? Ever? Or what about the Bush's? Read my lips No New Taxes. Yeah, sure, ok.