PDA

View Full Version : Boston Tea Party Dec. 16th

parke
11-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Lets get Dr. Paul to do a rally, combine it with a donation drive and get some musicians and famous folks to come out to it.

Columbus Ohio? Its in the center of the country.. has OSU (100K students) and is closer to more major cities than any other city in the country. Chicago, Atlanta, Philly (6-7 hours) Detroit, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Louisville (3 hours) Cincinatti, Dayton, Toledo, Akron (2 hours)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus,_Ohio

Thoughts?

JoshLowry
11-05-2007, 06:54 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Naraku
11-05-2007, 06:56 PM
People need to dress up like Native Americans! :D

Hamburglar
11-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Sounds good to me.

jgmaynard
11-05-2007, 06:57 PM
It would be easy enough to set up some ticker in a live event like a NASA countdown, only going up, showing donations in real time. :D Know whadimean?

JM

dircha
11-05-2007, 07:00 PM
This is an awesome idea.

We have some really great creative video making talent in our ranks. Hopefully we will have the time to market this to its full effect.

Instead of rejecting British goods, we will be rejecting politics as usual in Washington.

I hope that this next event can be one that can appeal to older voters well too.

klamath
11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
I love it! Boston tea party drive!

Man from La Mancha
11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Columbus has got very large convention center, nice central location.

conner_condor
11-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Going to be tough being so close to christmas....But I am in... We have the 11th of this month also....

OptionsTrader
11-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I'd fly to a Boston Tea Party event.

Pete Kay
11-05-2007, 07:04 PM
December 16th will be the next money bomb day. I thought that was already decided on by the troops.

maiki
11-05-2007, 07:10 PM
if there is a rally, maybe it should be in an early primary state?

parke
11-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I try to be humble.. but i gotta do my part.

I was a big time rave promoter in the 90's. Ive handled huge budgets, flown as many as 14 acts for a one night show, have connections in all the media in Columbus, have negotiated 100's of contracts, rented huge venues, hired sound, lighting, staging, printed and distributed over a million flyers. I know from experience that Columbus is a great central location. For my first large show 'Tilt' we drew people from NH, Chicago and St. Louis. Im positive with the right promotion we could draw people from everywhere.

This event would be a cake walk in comparison. For one, its free, which means we could use any city venue for free or minimal charge. We have an army of supporters in Columbus that could help with flyer distribution.

And lastly.. Ohio decided the last election.

max
11-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Lets get Dr. Paul to do a rally, combine it with a donation drive and get some musicians and famous folks to come out to it.

Columbus Ohio? Its in the center of the country.. has OSU (100K students) and is closer to more major cities than any other city in the country. Chicago, Atlanta, Philly (6-7 hours) Detroit, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Louisville (3 hours) Cincinatti, Dayton, Toledo, Akron (2 hours)

Thoughts?

columbus?...why not boston?

at the site of the actual boston harbor....close to nh just before their primary

parke
11-05-2007, 07:16 PM

at the site of the actual boston harbor....close to nh just before their primary

Not a bad idea..

conner_condor
11-05-2007, 07:17 PM
I wanna Tea bag laura ingram...:D:D:D:D:D:D

disciple
11-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Let's do it.

FreeTraveler
I'd fly to a Boston Tea Party event.

I'll drive. No way I will EVER get on a plane as long as the TSA is considered legal. I'm a sovereign individual and WILL NOT be searched to move from state to state. Stand up for your rights!

goldstandard
An idea for a banner (money bomb):

http://jhuchtemann.uttx.net/teaparty.jpg

parke
11-05-2007, 07:22 PM

I like!!!

constituent
11-05-2007, 07:22 PM
i love it goldstandard!

Man from La Mancha
11-05-2007, 07:25 PM

Central location means more people, Boston is more expensive and traffic is worse. Boston is nice no offense.

Boston hotel cost...http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=htwv&from=m&stat=1&khst=1&locn=Boston+MA&ploc=Boston+MA&loid=178239&eapid=13172-1&kword=hotels%20in%20boston;1157327381!p&&rdct=1

half as much

Columbus hotel costs.......http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=htwv&from=m&stat=1&khst=1&locn=Columbus+Ohio&ploc=Columbus+Ohio&loid=&eapid=13172-1&kword=hotels%20in%20Columbus%20Ohio!p&&zz=1194311837281&&&rdct=1

Central location in city a lot of access
https://www.ovr.org/sites/maps/columbus.gif

dircha
11-05-2007, 07:31 PM

The fact that we have such talented people that can turn out something even like this in minutes is what's going to make this next one an even bigger success.

isufferfromronpaulfever
11-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Brilliant Idea. December 16th it is!

parke
11-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Columbus is a breeze to get around in. There are so many freeways that getting from one side to the other takes about 15 minutes.

Boston is RETARDED expensive. You think getting a parking place in NYC is bad?? You havent been to boston yet. Try paying $15 and having to catch a cab into the city.

Austin
11-05-2007, 07:33 PM
I think I would fly as well...

Tidewise
11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I am in!

isufferfromronpaulfever
11-05-2007, 07:36 PM
We should up the ante as well. 200$ donation pledges. They want it? They are going to get it. HARD.

kutibah
11-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Perfect idea! Theme is excellent with our campaign!

parke
11-05-2007, 07:37 PM
We should up the ante as well. 200$ donation pledges. They want it? They are going to get it. HARD.

KICK ASS IDEA!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jerome
11-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Brilliant idea. I also loved the banner. This would be my christmas present to myself. I'm in.

Pedro TT
11-05-2007, 07:39 PM
somebody should get the address www.bostonteaparty2007.com

Man from La Mancha
11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Also a good time of month, not the holidays yet where people are commited plus the airlines could have seats open that still might be cheap.

Remember the bill of rights, these amendments came into effect on December 15, 1791, when ratified by three-fourths of the States.

Meatwasp
11-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I wonder who will throw cold water on this idea? I love it

wfd40
11-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Wait.. is the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party really Dec. 16th??? Because, that almost fits into schedule TOO PERFECTLY... (re: just enough time to recovery from the intensity of today)

Seriously, I'm beginning to think that other - far greater - forces are at work here.

Anyone else?

Imagine what the YouTube troops could do with that kind of historical material??

EPIC

Man from La Mancha
11-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Should include Ron's name. RonPaulsBostonTeaParty.com

constituent
11-05-2007, 07:42 PM

see the official teaparty07 site (http://www.teaparty07.com)

Pedro TT
11-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Should include Ron's name. RonPaulsBostonTeaParty.com

Nope too long and unfocused....I like my version much better! :D

Chaos Unlimited
11-05-2007, 07:44 PM
BOSTON - stick with the theme. Take the train in. Stay outside the city. The train from Portland, Maine to Boston is really nice - so are the buses. Boston is close to NH. I would go.

Boston is also convenient for musicians/bands who are based in NY.

parke
11-05-2007, 07:44 PM
he's catchin on...

max
11-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I wonder who will throw cold water on this idea? I love it

i would hope by now the chicken-men Nov 5th naysayers have learned their lesson

Man from La Mancha
11-05-2007, 07:50 PM
BOSTON - stick with the theme. Take the train in. Stay outside the city. The train from Portland, Maine to Boston is really nice - so are the buses. Boston is close to NH. I would go.

Boston is also convenient for musicians/bands who are based in NY.Not so for Chicago, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh,St.Louis

max
11-05-2007, 07:52 PM
If you're not within range of Boston....ANY town that has a harbor...a river...a lake...or even a beach will suffice...

bring your tea bags and indian outfits and lets make Nov 5th seem like a pittance

parke
11-05-2007, 07:55 PM

Boston is also convenient for musicians/bands who are based in NY.

To far away from most people. To expensive too. RP is spending big money in NH and will be campaigning there anyway. Why take sand to the beach???

Chaos Unlimited
11-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Boston is too far away for most people? New England is one of the most populous areas of the country. It's convenient for the campaign to be close to NH. Anyone in the West would have to fly whether it's in OH or Boston. How can you have the Boston Tea Party anywhere but Boston?!

V-rod
11-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Hopefully the Dec. 16th will be bigger than Nov 5th. More people will be on board and promote this, since we all have read about this in our school history books. This idea will bring much more people together than some comic book/movie character.

parke
11-05-2007, 08:06 PM
We could dump the tea in the river that runs through Columbus!!!

Tidewise
11-05-2007, 08:09 PM
i would hope by now the chicken-men Nov 5th naysayers have learned their lesson

LOL!

Tidewise
11-05-2007, 08:10 PM
We'll have one in California, too.

parke
11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Boston is too far away for most people? New England is one of the most populous areas of the country. It's convenient for the campaign to be close to NH. Anyone in the West would have to fly whether it's in OH or Boston. How can you have the Boston Tea Party anywhere but Boston?!

If he is already there... whats the point?? He will have his own rallies in NH regardless. The midwest is CLOSER to more points in the US than anywhere else!

Texan4RP
11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
We ought to send TEA BAGS To Washington!

Wear a tea bag on your belt loop. Pin one to your hats. Give a Tea Bag to everyone you see!!!

Tea Bag the Nation!!!!

parke
11-05-2007, 08:17 PM
We ought to send TEA BAGS To Washington!

Wear a tea bag on your belt loop. Pin one to your hats. Give a Tea Bag to everyone you see!!!

Tea Bag the Nation!!!!

yet another great idea.. I love America.

Nathan Hale
11-05-2007, 08:18 PM

Thoughts?

MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE.

or....

DES MOINES, IOWA

Let's focus on the early primary states, please.

heiwa
11-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I think the Boston tea party idea is inspired.

I've been thinking if we should somehow tie it to the "King George" issue of our day - the Fed and the Bankers. I don't what statement we could make that would have a significant impact though. However, the way the dollar and stock markets are falling, I think we will be able to reach a lot of people by December 16th.

A reserve note party just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Or something connected to the war... Some action that clearly indicates we aren't going to support it anymore - something that would be an inspiration to every person (RP supporter or no) in the US who wants to stop the war.

Just some thoughts.

In Peace,
Jen

parke
11-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I think the Boston tea party idea is inspired.

I've been thinking if we should somehow tie it to the "King George" issue of our day - the Fed and the Bankers. I don't what statement we could make that would have a significant impact though. However, the way the dollar and stock markets are falling, I think we will be able to reach a lot of people by December 16th.

A reserve note party just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Or something connected to the war... Some action that clearly indicates we aren't going to support it anymore - something that would be an inspiration to every person (RP supporter or no) in the US who wants to stop the war.

Just some thoughts.

In Peace,
Jen

We could all simutaniously burn a couple of dollar bills in protest..

parke
11-05-2007, 08:22 PM
MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE.

or....

DES MOINES, IOWA

Let's focus on the early primary states, please.

Why? Its a one day event. It isnt like he wont campaign in those states anyway.

TruckinMike
11-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Conservatives have an emotional connection with Bush.

Therefore proceed with Caution: If you are really mad at your brother... and then someone else comes along and starts bashing your brother...Dont you then want to start defending your brother from the third party basher?

Bash hillery instead... make the conservatives feel like one of us. If you ask them if they believe in running our government according to the constitution, they will answer with a hardy yes... So be inclusive with your political warring.

remember its the conservatives that we are trying to get.

Truckinmike

cheapbastud
11-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Why don't you burn/dump copies or symbolic copies of the PATRIOT ACT?

Dustancostine
11-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I vote for burning our tax returns. Keeps in the spirit of tax protesting.

cheapbastud
11-05-2007, 08:34 PM
YES! Burn in the IRS in effigy!

Nathan Hale
11-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Why? Its a one day event. It isnt like he wont campaign in those states anyway.

Why? Because it raises awareness, and it's best to raise awareness in one of the early primary states, because a campaign like Paul's is an early state campaign.

heiwa
11-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Conservatives have an emotional connection with Bush.

Therefore proceed with Caution: If you are really mad at your brother... and then someone else comes along and starts bashing your brother...Dont you then want to start defending your brother from the third party basher?

Bash hillery instead... make the conservatives feel like one of us. If you ask them if they believe in running our government according to the constitution, they will answer with a hardy yes... So be inclusive with your political warring.

remember its the conservatives that we are trying to get.

Truckinmike

Yes, Mike, this is a good point. I wasn't thinking of something targeted at a person so much as a public outcry on an issue that touches most Americans. Money and the war are two big ones.

The original tea party was the same - this (taxation) is unfair and we won't stand it anymore.

Rather than being purely symbolic, why not combine symbolism with something more current?

It's potentially hazardous territory, I agree, but I also am developing a strong respect for the ability of the grassroots movement to handle it appropriately.

Burning money is not my first choice (Anyone here old enough to remember burning bras?), because this is not a statement of strength as much as one of defiance.

I would prefer something that sends a strong, yet nonviolent signal to the senators and representatives in Washington. Maybe we should bury the capitol building in tea! :)

Wherever we hold the tea party, I hope it will be somewhere that holds meaning for our current day.

In Peace,
Jen

cheapbastud
11-05-2007, 09:03 PM
We can also organize our meetup groups around the country and demonstrate in front of either the Federal Reserve Branches and burn copies of the Federal Reserve Act or IRS branches and burn copies of the Internal Revenue Code. This way, we can get local media all over the country to take note of the fundraising drive for Ron Paul.

Too far fetched? Good/Bad Idea?

llamabread
11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Wherever this happens, I think we need to be throwing stuff over the side of a ship or burning stuff if sides of ships are unavailable.

Stuff to burn/throw overboard-
Patriot Act
Tax Code
W's Executive Orders
Giant 500 page packets of legislation

Corydoras
11-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Boston, Des Moines, and somewhere on the West Coast, how about that?

nathanielyao
11-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi Guys,

There's a group working on something:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28407

Nathaniel

expatriot
11-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Although most of us support the abolition of the Fed, most Americans don't really grasp this as a root of evil.
The IRS makes a better and more unifying target - just about anyone can be persuaded to rally around an "Abolish IRS Tax Party".
It has the elements of name recognition, notoriety, and a unifying polarization.

Especially if you limited the concept to abolishing personal Income Tax (There are good arguments or retaining corporate income taxes as some sort of restitution for permitting a corporate entity to exist and having some instituted form of accountability and liability as opposed to being free to rape people through their political panderings)

Richandler
11-05-2007, 10:41 PM
money Brew!!