PDA

View Full Version : California Governor Vetoes Ban On Warrantless Phone Searches

DamianTV
10-11-2011, 03:06 AM
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/11/10/10/2358221/california-governor-vetoes-ban-on-warrantless-phone-searches

"In probably the most important decision Gov. Brown of California will make this year, he has vetoed the bill that would require officers to get a search warrant before searching cellular phones of arrested citizens. This further enables the police to carry out warrantless searches of private property extending into contacts, email, photos, banking activity, GPS, and other functions that are controlled by modern phones. 'He cites a recent California Supreme Court decision upholding the warrantless searches of people incident to an arrest. In his brief message (PDF), he also doesn’t say whether it’s a good idea or not. Instead, he says the state Supreme Court’s decision is good enough, a decision the U.S. Supreme Court let stand last week.'"

Another story to add to your intended Violations of Privacy book. And you should have a book and be keeping note of all of this because it wont be long before it is used against you in a court of law.

The Bavarian
10-11-2011, 04:05 AM
Lately I've just been flooded with good news about my state.

nobody's_hero
10-11-2011, 05:37 AM
Lately I've just been flooded with good news about my state.

It really is quite exciting. There were many who doubted the existence of a man who could crash the state faster than the Terminator, but lo and behold, in comes Brown.

Anti Federalist
10-11-2011, 05:59 AM
It really is quite exciting. There were many who doubted the existence of a man who could crash the state faster than the Terminator, but lo and behold, in comes Brown.

I'm confused, isn't Jerry Brown, AKA Gov. Moonbeam supposed to be some kind of earthy, left leaning, hippy type?

Why is he going around vetoing bills like this, signing vaccines without parental consent bills and letting the feds walk all over him raiding MM dispensaries?

/s

james1906
10-11-2011, 06:33 AM
I'm confused, isn't Jerry Brown, AKA Gov. Moonbeam supposed to be some kind of earthy, left leaning, hippy type?

Why is he going around vetoing bills like this, signing vaccines without parental consent bills and letting the feds walk all over him raiding MM dispensaries?

/s

I'm wondering this too. These should be the issues we agree with him on. He's just like every other hopey-changey democrat.

osan
10-11-2011, 09:26 AM
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/11/10/10/2358221/california-governor-vetoes-ban-on-warrantless-phone-searches

Another story to add to your intended Violations of Privacy book. And you should have a book and be keeping note of all of this because it wont be long before it is used against you in a court of law.

I see Jerry Brown is the same good old pimp he was back in the 70s.

CA is so different from when I was in college. I cannot imagine how anyone can stand living there.