PDA

View Full Version : [announce} i think paul should address occupy wall street nyc!

damiengwa
10-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Would you please participate in a little experiment? No, I have no real word that Ron Paul will be speaking at OWS. I now just want you to hit reply and share with us how you felt when you read that, I mean, yeah maybe you thought it was troll, but I"m for real. If you really heard that RP would be there to speak how would you feel about it? Does it make you quake and fear and tremble for how the MSM could spin it? Or do you hear the Klingon cry of the warrior? Calling you to battle, calling you to glory?

Don't hate, i'm serious, no ****.

PauliticsPolitics
10-11-2011, 02:50 AM
I'd be curious enough to click a link in a forum to read more about it.

Kludge
10-11-2011, 02:52 AM
I'd be curious enough to click a link in a forum to read more about it.
That. Or, the real answer, I was kind of pissed off that the dog was bothering me about her water dish being near-empty.

Chainspell
10-11-2011, 02:59 AM
I trust that he knows what he's doing. So if he's decided to address the issue then I support that.

McDermit
10-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Less than thrilled.

Zarn Solen
10-11-2011, 03:26 AM
I would cease donating. He is no only creditable candidate. However, if he goes on to support this nonsense, I know those donations will not do any good.

febo
10-11-2011, 03:28 AM
Yes and thrice YES!
RP has every right to address OWS, explain the crucial difference between Capitalism and Corporatism, then outline his reform program.
OWS is part of the revolution, I know RP knows it.

Chainspell
10-11-2011, 03:28 AM
I would cease donating. He is no only creditable candidate. However, if he goes on to support this nonsense, I know those donations will not do any good.
well you're jumping the gun.. it just says ron paul to "address", you haven't even heard what he has to say and yet you already oppose it? You don't even know if he's gonna denounce it or support it. close minded much?

idiom
10-11-2011, 03:30 AM
I thought:
Thank God for that, he took long enough. Now the world can see what real authentic leadership looks like. It will have so much unrest behind it that liberty will be unstoppable for 40 years.

AM SO BUMMED THAT IS NOT REAL. :(

febo
10-11-2011, 03:31 AM

Weak

Zarn Solen
10-11-2011, 03:31 AM
I clarified in my post for a reason. If you read the OP, you would see he has RP speaking at OWS. A candidate usually do not denounce something at the event itself.

McDermit
10-11-2011, 03:33 AM
I'm just picturing the crowd response. Nyc seems the most radical of all the occupations, and some of those people abhor free markets and self reliance, and they're not going to be swayed... Plus they're in a setting where etiquette is out the window. I can't imagine the response would be favorable, and any negative reaction to RP would likely get air time...

Chainspell
10-11-2011, 03:36 AM
I clarified in my post for a reason. If you read the OP, you would see he has RP speaking at OWS. A candidate usually do not denounce something at the event itself.

i guess you're right +rep to you -rep to OP sorry :p

Zarn Solen
10-11-2011, 03:42 AM
Weak

I'm not going to donate to a lost cause. I want Paul to win, but there is no point in an investment that would definitely bring no return.

If it were a Democratic primary, it would be different. It's not. I have been a Republican since adulthood, and had Republican tendencies beforehand. I know what effect it would have if RP is associated with these people. This would kill any chance of nomination. I'm donating for a nomination, and I'm not a money tree.

The OP asked. I answered, honestly.

febo
10-11-2011, 04:14 AM
I'm not going to donate to a lost cause. I want Paul to win, but there is no point in an investment that would definitely bring no return.

If it were a Democratic primary, it would be different. It's not. I have been a Republican since adulthood, and had Republican tendencies beforehand. I know what effect it would have if RP is associated with these people. This would kill any chance of nomination. I'm donating for a nomination, and I'm not a money tree.

The OP asked. I answered, honestly.

I repect your honesty but OWS, like the Tea Party has its roots in Ron Paul and is essentially onto the core problem. The fact that some lefties have joined it should not frighten you. On the contrary, you should welcome them.

Zarn Solen
10-11-2011, 04:17 AM
I repect your honesty but OWS, like the Tea Party has its roots in Ron Paul and is essentially onto the core problem. The fact that some lefties have joined it should not frighten you. On the contrary, you should welcome them.

I'm not frightened. I just know how Republicans think. I also know some of these lefties.

AlexMerced
10-11-2011, 04:17 AM
I would've enjoyed it cause I work next door so I'd be able to walk right over, I was tempted to get a whiteboard and do a impromptu economics class for the protestors... but oh well...

orenbus
10-11-2011, 04:26 AM
I would be concerned that if he addresses the General Assembly at OWS they would not even let him talk which is very likely since it doesn't take many to block a proposal to let someone speak. By going down there and not being able to talk to the people he would be shun by OWS and at the same turn be attacked in the media by Fox for going down there, it would be a lose/lose and a waste of time I fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZlp3eGMNI

Fr0m_3ur0pe
10-11-2011, 04:40 AM
First I was like WTF, then I thought he must have come with some new idea. But still I was suspicious.

RIPLEYMOM
10-11-2011, 05:11 AM
Truthfully, I was excited! Get him the heck out there if he thinks he can make a difference educating on corporatism and how when we feed government, we promote more collusion; and talk about the Fed. Who else has shown leadership at this time of crisis? It could set him apart, guarantying news coverage. People are freaked. Could he console them? Could he unite us? This is me, though. Maybe i'm too romantic. He has not shied away from doing what he has felt to be right, so far. The news would probably tie us to the event for sure, but maybe America needs a black robe preacher on the street corner, again.

speciallyblend
10-11-2011, 05:50 AM
NO