PDA

View Full Version : A backwards compliment...

PauliticsPolitics
10-11-2011, 02:06 AM
I was just reading some bullshiz news (like http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/11/gop-presidential-debate-herman-cain) - We are all well aware of how RP's VVS victory has been dismissed; that is was "fixed" because of the flood of RP supporters, or how this article puts it: the victory is due to the "methodically-organised Ron Paul" campaign. Regardless, all the media that keeps pointing out such methodical organization is often actually complimenting the grassroots, like all-y'all in this forum. If I am correct, the "bus-loads" of Ron Paul supporters were not organized by Ron Paul or his Campaign. I remember seeing posts on here organizing buses, etc. While it's sad that RP keeps getting dismissed, we all should take it as a backwards compliment that our work and persistence manifests as "methodically organized" - and the media can only assume that it is the official campaign's work. I just wanted to remind everyone how truly special this all is, and that there is no other grassroots collective like ours.
Ok, back to work - gotta make our special methodical organization translate into more cash and votes.

lynnf
10-11-2011, 03:09 AM
I was just reading some bullshiz news (like http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/11/gop-presidential-debate-herman-cain) - We are all well aware of how RP's VVS victory has been dismissed; that is was "fixed" because of the flood of RP supporters, or how this article puts it: the victory is due to the "methodically-organised Ron Paul" campaign. Regardless, all the media that keeps pointing out such methodical organization is often actually complimenting the grassroots, like all-y'all in this forum. If I am correct, the "bus-loads" of Ron Paul supporters were not organized by Ron Paul or his Campaign. I remember seeing posts on here organizing buses, etc. While it's sad that RP keeps getting dismissed, we all should take it as a backwards compliment that our work and persistence manifests as "methodically organized" - and the media can only assume that it is the official campaign's work. I just wanted to remind everyone how truly special this all is, and that there is no other grassroots collective like ours.
Ok, back to work - gotta make our special methodical organization translate into more cash and votes.

right -- isn't that what a campaign is -- an organization? they're accusing us of being a campaign! well, duh!

Akus
10-11-2011, 03:11 AM
Those methodically-organized Ron Paul supporters
How dare they

PauliticsPolitics
10-11-2011, 03:23 AM
right -- isn't that what a campaign is -- an organization? they're accusing us of being a campaign! well, duh!

Those methodically-organized Ron Paul supporters
How dare they
Yea, but I was more saying that they always assume that the official campaign is organizing this stuff, when so much of it actually happens in forums like this. It made me feel good to know that we can organize that well. Yea, it's not a surprise, but it's good to be reminded that the RP grassroots can often organize better than any other candidate's official campaign (at least in cases like VVS).

idiom
10-11-2011, 04:14 AM
"Ron Paul accused of having too good a campaign, unfair on other candidates who don't have the same levels of support"

"Ron Paul supporters said to be methodically searching for mythical organized campaign"