PDA

View Full Version : Christianity Today interview with Ron Paul!

realtonygoodwin
10-10-2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/octoberweb-only/ron-paul-church-abortion-narcotics-marriage.html

Good stuff

Paulatized
10-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks, thanks ,thanks for sharing this article. +rep to you rtg.

realtonygoodwin
10-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks! It seemed like a good interview.

Napolitanic Wars
10-10-2011, 07:48 PM
INTERVIEWER: Do you see your faith informing your policy or are you mostly interested in ideas that are pragmatic?

PAUL: How can your faith be divorced from your everyday living?

I love that guy. :o

BlackTerrel
10-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Good to see Paul getting more coverage in the Christian media. Good interview.

Theocrat
10-10-2011, 08:05 PM
That was a pretty good interview. I think Ron Paul's straw poll win in the Values Voters Summit will earn him more recognition in the Christian community.

Tod
10-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks! Shared on FB!

Xchange
10-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Paul tore that mother up!!

best yet

Working Poor
10-10-2011, 08:38 PM
great interview!

cucucachu0000
10-10-2011, 09:32 PM
yea really was a good one i love when he gets an interview that takes longer than 3 min

realtonygoodwin
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
I like the very last page. :)

Be sure to share on Facebook and Twitter.Maybe even email it to interested friends and family.

Lymeade-Lady
10-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I didn't think it was that great, at least for the audience reading it. I hope I'm wrong.

Krugerrand
10-11-2011, 01:40 PM
I didn't think it was that great, at least for the audience reading it. I hope I'm wrong.

I expect it will be a net positive.

The switching church things is reasonably positive. It's out there that he's changed churches, his explanation is a good one in that it reflects a serious decision made on principle by somebody who takes his faith seriously.

On the hot button issues, these are thing that people need to be worked over on slowly. He brought up home schooling a lot. People need to made to realize that the big strong government that makes the world the way you want it can easily make the world the way you don't want it. It takes time, and he's getting them there.

heavenlyboy34
10-11-2011, 01:48 PM
That was a pretty good interview. I think Ron Paul's straw poll win in the Values Voters Summit will earn him more recognition in the Christian community.

Did you agree with this part?:
"It shouldn't be done with force. It should be done with love, and government is force. If you defer to the government that means you endorse theft. If somebody is poor and you want to help them and you have money, you go help them, or encourage them, or provide an environment where they can take care of themselves. But it doesn't endorse the government to go to that person and say "Look, this person is hungry. I have the moral authority to take from you, and if you don't give it to him, to put you in jail in order to help this person who is hungry." I do not endorse that. History and economics are on my side. If you care about the poor you would never use force. The most humanitarian system ever has been a free society and free markets and sound money, and it takes care of the maximum number of people. That is where you would cure the problem of poverty."
If I understand your opinions correctly, you would normally disagree with that.

heavenlyboy34
10-11-2011, 01:49 PM
great interview! +10000000 :cool:

lew
10-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Excellent interview. But Paul fumbled with some of his answers, unfortunately.

Yeah, they are all the time. That's the whole reason why we get asked these questions — it's sort of like the catch-22 question. If you're not for evolution then you're some anti-scientific religious nut. But if you say you're a creationist and you don't believe in evolution, you're an idiot. Just maybe there's an in between.

He repeated the same thing here. He didn't say two opposing viewpoints, which is what he meant to do.

He misspoke a few other times too. Still, an excellent interview.

kazmlsj
10-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Bottom line - and why I support Ron Paul:

One's faith does influence one's decision making (it had better!)
AND
You can't legislate morality.