PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Romney Leads in New Hampshire But Support Soft

TexMac
10-10-2011, 12:20 PM
A new Harvard University/St. Anselm College poll (http://www.iop.harvard.edu/News-Press/Press-Releases/NEW-POLL-FROM-INSTITUTES-OF-POLITICS-AT-HARVARD,-SAINT-ANSELM-FINDS-ROMNEY-LEADING-NH-PRIMARY-FIELD-BY-18-POINTS) in New Hampshire finds Mitt Romney leading the GOP presidential pack with 38%, followed by Herman Cain at 20%, Ron Paul at 13%, Newt Gingrich at 5%, Jon Huntsman at 4%, Rick Perry at 4% and Michele Bachmann at 3%.

However, only 10% say they are "definitely" voting for Romney.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/10/10/romney_leads_in_new_hampshire_but_support_soft.htm l

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 12:27 PM
That's because the rest are voting for Ron, they just don't know it yet. :p

TexMac
10-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Ha, I saw you posting on this and I thought it was going to be already posted. :)

parocks
10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
29 and under - 5%
66+ - 18%

TexMac
10-10-2011, 12:55 PM
This article says Ron is the only one running television ads in NH:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/10/new-hampshire-primary-republican-voters_n_1003304.html

Cleaner44
10-10-2011, 12:58 PM
I can tell you that I have talked with a family member that is a 65 year old vet and he leans to Romney because he sees him as electable. Electability is the driving factor for his support. Some voters want Obama out and think the way is a moderate like Romney. He feels like the safe vote. It is not based on principles.

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 12:59 PM
This article says Ron is the only one running television ads in NH:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/10/new-hampshire-primary-republican-voters_n_1003304.html

And while few Republicans expect Paul to knock off Romney here, the Texas congressman with libertarian views could be poised to play spoiler. He is often mentioned as one of the "Big Three" in Republican circles along with Romney and Perry. Many expect him to finish in second or third place.

But only one woman out of ten in that group could name Ron as a candidate, and the others only could name Romney and Perry. So signs ARE a good idea.

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 12:59 PM
I can tell you that I have talked with a family member that is a 65 year old vet and he leans to Romney because he sees him as electable. Electability is the driving factor for his support. Some voters want Obama out and think the way is a moderate like Romney. He feels like the safe vote. It is not based on principles.

We have to get more play for Ron's polling numbers against Obama.

tribute_13
10-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah just because nationwide name recognition is close to 80% doesn't mean its that high in NH which is more moderate. Its obvious why Ron Paul's name isn't floating around the water cooler. NH isn't immune to the black out. Signs are a great idea. How can people vote for a guy they don't even know is running.

TexMac
10-10-2011, 01:02 PM
A really enormous moneybomb would help in the "electability" department, too.

Crotale
10-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Ron Paul's polling numbers seem to be recovering. Very encouraging.

I reckon Cain will go the same way as Bachman and Perry.

It will eventually come down to a two-horse race between Romney and Paul.

Let's just promote our balls off to make sure that Ron Paul is the winner.

KEEF
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM

I guess the one thing good that MSM is doing is that they are pushing that "anyone" is electable against Obama. So bringing that up to people like your family member. But to not insult your intelligence since I am sure you already have brought up to him multiple results from Obama vs. RNC candidate.

fatjohn
10-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Ron should start mentioning that in ads, "Ron Paul promotes to end the wars and has a thorough understanding of the economic system. With views that attrackt people from all over the political spectrum, polls are now showing that Paul would win the general election if held today."