PDA

View Full Version : The Senators We Can Trust

John F Kennedy III
10-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Drum roll please.....

Rand Paul and Mike Lee.

That's it. 2 out of 100. Abortion, gays and PATRIOT ACT were the major issues in eliminating Senators from the list.

Now on to Governors and Representatives.

Please let me know if you feel this list is incomplete. Please give reasons why said Senator should be included.

AZKing
10-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Abortion, gays and PATRIOT ACT were the major issues in eliminating Senators from the list.

Well... at least one of those three things are actually relevant.

Gumba of Liberty
10-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Drum roll please.....

Rand Paul and Mike Lee.

That's it. 2 out of 100. Abortion, gays and PATRIOT ACT were the major issues in eliminating Senators from the list.

Now on to Governors and Representatives.

Please let me know if you feel this list is incomplete. Please give reasons why said Senator should be included.

Why? Disagreeing on abortion and gay marriage does not seem like it would provide for an accurate correlation for trustworthiness. How about using TARP, The Bailout, The Patriot Act, Audit the Federal Reserve, and Obama Care?

eduardo89
10-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Demint, Vitter and Johnson don't seem that bad all the time.

John F Kennedy III
10-10-2011, 12:06 PM
WOW. I have to do this list all over again. Lol. Completely did it based on my own filters instead of trustworthiness.

New list should be ready tomorrow morning.

So PATRIOT ACT, The Bailout, TARP, Obamacare, Federal Reserve

Any other filters?

eduardo89
10-10-2011, 12:09 PM
WOW. I have to do this list all over again. Lol. Completely did it based on my own filters instead of trustworthiness.

Any other filters?

I think you're going to come up with the same results. Rand and Lee are the guys we can truly trust.

Demint most of the time. Vitter and Johnson sometimes.

John F Kennedy III
10-10-2011, 12:16 PM
I think you're going to come up with the same results. Rand and Lee are the guys we can truly trust.

Demint most of the time. Vitter and Johnson sometimes.

Most likely, but as Gumba pointed out, gays and abortion aren't issues of trustworthiness. So I'll redo the list. This morning I figured out a quick way to eliminate someone: Bring up their Ontheissues page and search for the word Patriot.

Keith and stuff
10-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Here is the latest Republican Liberty Caucus Liberty Index that I know of, the US Senators start on page 17, http://www.rlc.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/LI2009.pdf

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-10-2011, 12:20 PM

Any other filters?

The only filter should be liberty. War on Drugs, Militarization / Police State, Surveillance State, Imperial & Unitary Executive, War, MIC, Foreign Welfare, Domestic Welfare, Monetary Policy, Right of Self-Defense, etc. all fall under liberty. There is no Senator even comparable to Ron. Rand is MIA when it comes to War on Drugs / Militarization - Nationalization of Police Forces, waffles and tepid on the Unitary Executive / Imperial Presidency (see: Anwar Al-Awlaki), Self-Defense (NFA, 34, 68, 86, etc.), etc.

The two most liberty-oriented Senators are Rand and Lee, and everyone else is pretty far behind, but they are by no means consistent across the board. It's just the nature of the beast and the moral decay of the citizenry.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Here is the latest Republican Liberty Caucus Liberty Index that I know of, the US Senators start on page 17, http://www.rlc.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/LI2009.pdf

For the first time in the now 22 year history of the Liberty Index, a member of Congress has scored a perfect 100, 100 in the economic liberties component and 100 in the personal liberties component (Jeff Flake).

^ LOL WHAT.

It says McCain is libertarian. The RLC is a joke, or at least this index. How can Ron Paul not have scored 100/100 in the last 22 years? Really? REALLY? I can't really think off-hand a vote of Paul's that was anti-liberty, and his introduction of a wide range of libertarian bills is bar none far superior to anyone else. Flake the guy who voted for the wars and supports the Patriot Act, Drug Wars, etc. -- j.o.k.e.

Feeding the Abscess
10-10-2011, 01:21 PM
For the first time in the now 22 year history of the Liberty Index, a member of Congress has scored a perfect 100, 100 in the economic liberties component and 100 in the personal liberties component (Jeff Flake).

^ LOL WHAT.

It says McCain is libertarian. The RLC is a joke, or at least this index. How can Ron Paul not have scored 100/100 in the last 22 years? Really? REALLY? I can't really think off-hand a vote of Paul's that was anti-liberty, and his introduction of a wide range of libertarian bills is bar none far superior to anyone else. Flake the guy who voted for the wars and supports the Patriot Act, Drug Wars, etc. -- j.o.k.e.

Na, it's a joke. I'm all for having big tents in the libertarian movement, but legislative scoring needs to be strict and strong.

eduardo89
10-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Try the John Birch Society Conservative Index.

Rand and Lee all scored 100, the only senators who did so.

FYI Ron always scores 100 ;)