PDA

View Full Version : PPP Tweet: Only Paul, Cain, Romney in double digits in Iowa

tsai3904
10-10-2011, 11:22 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/ppppolls/status/123447810526945280

Only 3 candidates in double digits on our IA poll- Cain, Romney, Paul. Romney has real chance there, would be crazy not to try

Bachmann and Perry are dropping fast.

Edit: For reference, in PPP's last Iowa poll in August, Bachmann was at 18% and Perry was leading at 22%.

bluesc
10-10-2011, 11:27 AM
SWEET. I was hoping for some good news from this one. Everyone here needed it.

Question is who is in 2nd. Paul or Cain?

Wait, there was another tweet saying Cain is leading by 19% among people strongly committed to their candidate. Could he be 1st?

SchleckBros
10-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Iowa birthers strongly support Cain for President. Maybe that movement is not about race?

LOL

harikaried
10-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Wow. Perry not having double digits after being first with 22% just last month is pretty crazy.

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
OK today I'm happy with PPP. For once.

tsai3904

Question is who is in 2nd.

When they say "Romney has real chance there, would be crazy not to try", that kind of implies Romney is not first in their poll.

Hopefully this will be the poll we've been waiting for.

sailingaway
Wow. Perry not having double digits after being first with 22% just last month is pretty crazy.

Bachmann and Cain did the exact same thing. There is a 'follow the media' lump and it is dutifully following the media, apparently.

rp08orbust

I'm setting my expectations low with Ron Paul 3rd at 10%, Romney 2nd with about 19% and Herman Cain 1st with about 23%.

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 11:31 AM
When they say "Romney has real chance there, would be crazy not to try", that kind of implies Romney is not first in their poll.

Hopefully this will be the poll we've been waiting for.

fingers crossed so hard they are cutting off circulation.....

But ... with all the media, and I mean TONS of media.... how can #1 not be Cain?
and if you go to the actual tweet, Cain is first on the list in the tweet, followed by Romney THEN Ron.

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 11:33 AM
ppppolls PublicPolicyPolling
Jon Huntsman leads Gary Johnson 3-1 for 8th place in Iowa. That's supporters, not percentages
//

60% of Iowa Republicans fine with a December caucus if that's what it takes to be first

and so am I as long as college is still in session.

pauliticalfan
10-10-2011, 11:34 AM
PPP usually lists candidates in order with these tweets. That means Cain 1st, Romney 2nd, Paul 3rd.

Cain's bump will not last. As soon as he tanks, that puts us right on Romney's tail. We need to try to gain some of Cain's supporters when they leave him, so that we can win in Iowa.

All in all, double digits and 3rd in Iowa--with Perry and Bachmann tanking--is a perfect position to be in right now. Great news.

No Free Beer
10-10-2011, 11:36 AM
this is shaping up to be real nice for us

bluesc
10-10-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm setting my expectations low with Ron Paul 3rd at 10%, Romney 2nd with about 19% and Herman Cain 1st with about 23%.

After looking at the other tweets, it seems like you're right. I'm hoping Ron is a little closer to Romney though.

pauliticalfan
If Black this Out is huge, it could give us what we need to put Ron over the top in Iowa.

ItsTime
Romney and Paul are the only ones not having drastic ups and downs, that is good for us.

RonPaulCult
10-10-2011, 11:42 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/ppppolls/status/123447810526945280

Bachmann and Perry are dropping fast.

Edit: For reference, in PPP's last Iowa poll in August, Bachmann was at 18% and Perry was leading at 22%.

When will they show the results?

tsai3904
10-10-2011, 11:43 AM
When will they show the results?

Most likely Tuesday through Thursday.

erowe1
10-10-2011, 11:49 AM

Wait, there was another tweet saying Cain is leading by 19% among people strongly committed to their candidate. Could he be 1st?

PPP's tweet implies that Romney is not in 1st.

I assume they put the names in order of how they did: Cain, Romney, Paul.

RDM
10-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Google trends is showing for the last 30 days, Paul is leading in searches (in Iowa only) with Perry behind him. Romney and Cain have no searches or so low no stats.

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 11:51 AM
PPP's tweet implies that Romney is not in 1st.

I assume they put the names in order of how they did: Cain, Romney, Paul.

After the incredible media bump for Cain of course he's in first. Time to bring out the videos where he was cheerleading for TARP to pass.....

Birdlady
10-10-2011, 11:56 AM
PPP usually lists candidates in order with these tweets. That means Cain 1st, Romney 2nd, Paul 3rd.

Cain's bump will not last. As soon as he tanks, that puts us right on Romney's tail. We need to try to gain some of Cain's supporters when they leave him, so that we can win in Iowa.

All in all, double digits and 3rd in Iowa--with Perry and Bachmann tanking--is a perfect position to be in right now. Great news.

But as I predicted a few weeks ago, the moment Ron Paul appears to be entering the "top tier" they will simply switch to another candidate and prop them up. They did this with Cain and if Cain begins to slip, they will prop up someone else. For the media, it is anyone BUT Paul. That's why they keep so many people in the race this long. They need multiple fall backs.

One Last Battle!
10-10-2011, 12:24 PM
But as I predicted a few weeks ago, the moment Ron Paul appears to be entering the "top tier" they will simply switch to another candidate and prop them up. They did this with Cain and if Cain begins to slip, they will prop up someone else. For the media, it is anyone BUT Paul. That's why they keep so many people in the race this long. They need multiple fall backs.

I think its illegal for anyone else to enter at this point.

Who can they rehash? Cain worked because he didn't make an ass of himself between the times in which is was the May flavour of the month and when he is the current flavour of the month. Bachmann has managed to look like an idiot even when she isn't under the spotlight, Perry is obviously dead in the water and will remain so after screwing up in such a big way, and Gingrich has no campaign and a couple million dollars of debt. The rest of the field (Johnson, Huntsman) qualifies as DURTY LIBERULS and could never get the anti-Romney vote.

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 12:25 PM
I think they are trying to build up Santorum for a push if they need him.

Elfshadow
10-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Santorum has his Google problem.....

tribute_13
10-10-2011, 12:40 PM
hahahaha As soon as people start to google him because of the MSM push, they'll immediately want nothing to do with him just from fear that their house will be raided for viewing questionable material. I can not see him locking in any demographic except the anti-gay vote which is a dwindling 1-3%.

rp08orbust
10-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I think they are trying to build up Santorum

Eeeeeeeeew.

zHorns
10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Eeeeeeeeew.

Hahaha

davidhperry
10-10-2011, 12:57 PM

Yeah, no doubt. These things are volatile, for sure. Let's not forget that.

Crotale
10-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Good idea for a video. :)

Would be useful in gaining tea party support, definately.

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah, no doubt. These things are volatile, for sure. Let's not forget that.

What that means, is it is between Romney and Ron. If they want someone who can stay the course, and isn't Romney, Ron is their guy.

pauliticalfan
10-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Eeeeeeeeew.

lmao

slamhead
10-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Faux News just mentioned that Ron Paul is in third place and Perry better pick things up or they would not be able to justify calling him a top tier candidate anymore....LMAO

libertybrewcity
10-10-2011, 01:41 PM
We need to build on our solid 12-14% base. we need more than that to win...come on Iowa

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Faux News just mentioned that Ron Paul is in third place and Perry better pick things up or they would not be able to justify calling him a top tier candidate anymore....LMAO

Because they hate mentioning Ron. They'd actually rather say 'it is a two man race between Romney and Cain...." than get any airtime for Ron at all.

tsai3904
10-10-2011, 02:21 PM
PPP's Iowa poll will be released tomorrow morning.

Uriah
10-10-2011, 02:23 PM

If what you say holds true about the top three

Cain 23
Romney 19
Paul 10

The rest of the field would look like this:
Perry 9
Gingrich 8
Bachmann 7
Santorum 7
Huntsman 1
Johnson 0
undecided/other 16

I'm thinking Paul is higher by about 5% according to these numbers so everyone below him will will lose a percentage or two.

Dr. Paul has been as high as 16% in Iowa and 18% in the midwest. So what I really think is he'll be close to that if not higher.

rp08orbust
10-10-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking Paul is higher by about 5%

I think Ron Paul really is higher than 10% in IA, but this is a PPP poll...

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
PPP's Iowa poll will be released tomorrow morning.

thank you.

sailingaway
10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
I think Ron Paul really is higher than 10% in IA, but this is a PPP poll...

this^^

but 10% is the MINIMUM it could be, given the 'two digit' spoiler.

fatjohn
10-10-2011, 02:32 PM
PPP would never put paul in the headline if they didn't need to so I guess he definitely has 12%

Liberty74
10-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Ron Paul needs to rip Cain a big fat one tomorrow night at the debate saying...

"Cain said a week before the crash that the economy was fine. Then he supported the bailout that the people did not want. Cain is a counterfeit conservative. I am the real deal - no to bailouts, no to NATO, no to the U.N., no to the IRS, no to Obamacare, no to welfare benefits for illegals, no to the Dept of Education, and no to Planned Parenthood."

The crowd will go fucking crazy! Support will come...

michaelkellenger
10-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Another tweet from PPP

Obama leads all Republicans by 6-17 pts with indys nationally...except for Romney, who he trails by 2. 1 electable candidate

bluesc
10-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Another tweet from PPP

Obama leads all Republicans by 6-17 pts with indys nationally...except for Romney, who he trails by 2. 1 electable candidate

Now that is crap.

Bruno
10-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Another tweet from PPP

Which is the exact opposite of last week's poll showing Obama losing to any generic Republican. I'm not buying it.

PaulConventionWV
10-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Romney and Paul are the only ones not having drastic ups and downs, that is good for us.

What are you talking about? Paul has been wavering sharply between 6% and 14% nationally since July. He can't seem to get a steady number close to 15% and keep it there. The polls keep going between his 14% and 5% extremes with no clear indicator of who is the most accurate. I just want to see ONE time where all the polls agree on where he is at. So far, every poll in the same amount of time has come back with different figures for Ron. It's quite frustrating.

trey4sports
10-10-2011, 03:40 PM
What are you talking about? Paul has been wavering sharply between 6% and 14% nationally since July. He can't seem to get a steady number close to 15% and keep it there. The polls keep going between his 14% and 5% extremes with no clear indicator of who is the most accurate. I just want to see ONE time where all the polls agree on where he is at. So far, every poll in the same amount of time has come back with different figures for Ron. It's quite frustrating.

yeah, my guess is that about 7% of the primary voters are firmly pro-paul and then the support that makes up his 8-15% is probably soft.

idiom
10-10-2011, 04:45 PM

It is possible that because of the intensity and clumpiness of RP support a much larger sample size is necessary. I fail at stats though.

D.A.S.
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Another tweet from PPP

Ron Paul. Winning.

Agorism
10-10-2011, 05:03 PM

I have a hard time believing that Cain has more strong support among those that support him than Paul has.

Of those planning on voting for Paul, I would think WAY more than 19% would have pretty much made up there mind (probably mostly the same base that gave him double digits last time)

Agorism
10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Of course PPP has in the past tweeted stuff that wasn't 100%. I remember them tweeting Paul wasn't even in top 6-7 candidates, and then the next day releasing a poll where he was like third.

PPP likes to try to agitate Paul supports on twitter.

GopBlackList
10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
I have a hard time believing that Cain has more strong support among those that support him than Paul has.

Of those planning on voting for Paul, I would think WAY more than 19% would have pretty much made up there mind (probably mostly the same base that gave him double digits last time)

believe it. There's plenty of sheeple in the tea party

Agorism
10-10-2011, 05:13 PM
believe it. There's plenty of sheeple in the tea party

I don't trust what PPP says on twitter, and I doubt that only 19% of Paul supporters are strongly committed. 50-50 chance that their actual results will contradict their twitter.