PDA

View Full Version : Gravel is hiliarious.

Korey Kaczynski
06-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Not a huge fan of him, but he's defintiely the best democrat. Funniest, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rZdAB4V_j8&mode=related&search=

A great video for those who like absurd, non-sequitor humor.

beerista
06-14-2007, 03:19 PM
I wish more candidates would say exactly what he said.

LizF
06-14-2007, 05:02 PM
I get a kick out of the guy. I don't agree w/some of his proposals, but I appreciate his honesty & principles. Consider some of these zingers:

http://www.examiner.com/blogs/Yeas_and_Nays/2007/6/5/Gravel-gives-GOOD-quote

Gravel Gives ‘GOOD’ Quote
June 5, 1:45 AM
Punch Pols

During these initial months of the 2008 presidential campaign, Democratic hopeful Mike Gravel has developed a reputation as a rabble-rouser, the guy in the room who says the quirkiest things and muddies up the waters a little bit.

In the forthcoming issue of GOOD magazine (on newsstands next week), Gravel continues his penchant for the unpredictable:

» On the 2002 Iraq war resolution: “I’d have filibustered that sucker and stuck it up their nose with a pitchfork.”

» On his years in the Senate representing Alaska: “When principle is at stake, there is no compromise. That’s the reason I was not loved by my peers in the Senate. Many of them hated me.”

» On haircuts: “I pay more than I should. I pay about $30. I can’t afford it, but I’ve enough vanity that, as I’m losing my hair, I want to make sure it flops the right way.”

» On a Gravel presidency: “First thing we’ll do is blow up Abu Ghraib before we leave. And then we’ll blow up Guantanamo.”

Broadlighter
06-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Gravel's tendency is to want to spite the previous administration. That sounds good to some folks, but it accomplishes nothing. After the cheering, then what?

angelatc
06-18-2007, 05:50 PM
I do not understand the video. I'm a literal person.

Revolution9
06-18-2007, 06:07 PM
From what I understand his stubborn filibustering ass shut down the Viet Nam War almost singlehandedly. He gets a lifetime hallway pass for that one.

Best
randy

LibertyEagle
06-18-2007, 06:14 PM
I've always been very much a traditional conservative and I think Gravel is hilarious! He's the best Democrat that I've seen in YEARS and in my opinion, the only one who has been speaking some real truth in the Democratic debates.

jon_perez
06-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Gravel does not impress me at all. While he tends to share the same opinions as Ron Paul on many issues, he simply is not able to defend them with the same brilliance as Ron Paul does.

I originally thought that the main reason I was such a fan of Ron Paul was mainly because he was the one candidate whose speeches and interviews I was exposed to a lot and that if I gave a comparable amount of time to other candidates, that my admiration for Paul would be tempered. But no, after watching quite a few videos of Gravel, I am more convinced than ever that our man, Ron Paul, is really way ahead of the pack.

jon_perez
06-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Gravel panders. I wonder if other people have noticed that.

For Ron Paul, on the other hand, this does not seem to be his style at all.